• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Id have him back, but im not sure he wants to come back. Danchev will be looking for a massive final payday too

Out of interest - how do you feel towards Modric?

Berbatov began trying to engineer his move away from the club after only one year. Nevertheless, I continued to support him for his second year with us.

So I'm prepared to do the same for Modric, who at least gave three years of service before trying to engineer his move away. Since last summer's temporary strop, he has been the exemplary professional. However, he will lose my support if, like Berbatov, he immediately starts playing up again in the summer.

Berb won't come back for many reasons.
He's probably off to Russia or PSG for a final payday, as Indianspur mentioned.

Yes, that was subsequently cleared up. Still - doubt he would command a fee over 4-5m tbh. Hes 31 years old

:ross: Wow, I posted that BEFORE reading that entire 3-page argument... the transfer rumour thread has been so slow lately.

Maybe he's on his way to Anzhi Makchakalalkalkla

Eto'o and Berbatov up top

That's been a 3.5 year argument but it's besides the point

Berbatov to this day claims he went to Utd for trophies and not money - so if that's still half true and we can offer CL footy and a couple solid cup runs, they who knows

I tried to log on yesterday and it said the site was having an upgrade, I think Scara used the wrong backup and has restored the 2008 version of the board...

I can see Redknapp wanting Berbatov - much better than all of our current strikers, still only 31 (?) - and he doesn't rely much on speed anyway - so he can last a few more seasons. A bit like the Parker transfer. He'll probably be fairly cheap as well, which would suit our transfer policy.

Rednose would probably want to include Bale/Modric in a possible deal, however. In which case the deal should be dead.

I can see Redknapp wanting Berbatov - much better than all of our current strikers, still only 31 (?) - and he doesn't rely much on speed anyway - so he can last a few more seasons. A bit like the Parker transfer. He'll probably be fairly cheap as well, which would suit our transfer policy.

Rednose would probably want to include Bale/Modric in a possible deal, however. In which case the deal should be dead.

Redknapp would love a player with Berbatov's style and ability. He was a big fan of Kanu after all

I don't think that will impact our big transfers in any way. We've been working on some of them for a long time already.

I'd say a lot of our transfers this year will be dependent on CL football - Hazard and Vertoghen would be anyway I imagine.

Eden Hazard will move to Tottenham Hotspur in the summer, according to his team-mate Mauro Cetto.

The Belgian winger has been attracting the attention of Manchester United, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, but his Argentinean colleague believes his future will be at White Hart Lane.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has expressed interest in signing the 21-year-old, but conceded his club would struggle to compete financially with the spending power of Sir Alex Ferguson, Roberto Mancini and Roberto di Matteo, though Cetto is confident Hazard will choose the north Londoners.

“This year he has grown, his goals, assists, are something incredible. He makes a difference, he is a complete player,” he told Italian website Tutto Mercato Web.

“But he will play in England, at Tottenham. I think his future will be there.”

Ferguson was reported to have made a personal scouting trip to see him play for his club Lille in their Ligue 1 defeat to Lyon last weekend.

The report from the BBC claims that the French side are willing to cash in on the young playmaker this summer, should a suitable offer be made for him.

It is a transfer saga that has been dragging on since last summer when Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was thought to be interested in signing Hazard, but there has been no mention of the Gunners in recent reports and this would suggest any reported interest has cooled.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/hazards-future-at-tottenham?

Not from the horse's mouth, admittedly. But I guess that team mates talk to each other about their plans. Certainly, this fella would have no reason to lie.

Of course, Hazard could change his mind at any time but it looks like we're still in the box seat.

That player is a loanee at Lile isn't he?

Not really going to be making friends with the fans of his new club by guessing where he reckons their best player will fudge off to in the summer.

I don't really like all this stuff, Hazard has kittend himself out to every club, you've got agents saying this and that, now teammates chipping in with comments. I'd be fuming if I was Lile fan, Hazard should be focusing on doing the best he can for his club then making a decision on his future after that, that's the least he owes them.

It's mostly gonads probably, don't think he'll come here. He'd turn in to our current VDV issue of that we wouldn't be sure where to play him anyway.

That player is a loanee at Lile isn't he?

Not really going to be making friends with the fans of his new club by guessing where he reckons their best player will fudge off to in the summer.

I don't really like all this stuff, Hazard has kittend himself out to every club, you've got agents saying this and that, now teammates chipping in with comments. I'd be fuming if I was Lile fan, Hazard should be focusing on doing the best he can for his club then making a decision on his future after that, that's the least he owes them.

It's mostly gonads probably, don't think he'll come here. He'd turn in to our current VDV issue of that we wouldn't be sure where to play him anyway.

I doubt that the fans care what he has to say about Hazard's future. It's been common knowledge for a long time that Hazard will leave in the summer.

I doubt that the fans care what he has to say about Hazard's future. It's been common knowledge for a long time that Hazard will leave in the summer.

He's still under contract and therefore an employee of his club.

I haven't seen him play so cannot judge whether his performances/effort has dropped since the transfer rumour saga so I can't really comment but it all seems somewhat wrong.

If you had Charlie and Niko saying that Modric really fancied moving to Chelsea during that transfer rumour saga we'd have been fuming.

I'm sure Hazard is a great player but he seems to be a bit of a kitten recently, you have quotes linking him to pretty much every club, think he is playing the field.

Back