• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Your are right we engaged each other, i have presented alternative sources and THATS the point.

You are still sitting on the fence though. Do you believe Levy lied?

"I dont know"? How can you not know what you believe. Not know what happened, but what you believe happened?

You stated that you will give Berbatov "the benefit of the doubt"......which means that Levy lied surely? Why cant you say it?

BTW - It was in the interests of Ramos to lie in the earlier quote about him not being on strike. Admitting he'd refused to play would have completely fudged us in the negotiations for his transfer fee. Once he'd gone, what we all knew already was confirmed by Levy.

This is completely different from the Modric scenario. Modric asked Harry if he could be excluded against City, Harry told him to get on with it, so he did. Ever since, he's worked hard and been one of our best players. Berbatov on the other hand spent a whole year sulking. You could see it in his body language. He'd regularly have a go at his own team mates who were clearly intimidated by him. He completely undermined Jol's authority by refusing to get warmed up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Jol was already a dead man walking because of the Ramos fiasco, but this was the final nail in the coffin. Mancini stamped down his authority on Tevez by declaring him as finished at the club and kicking him out for several months until he came back with a grovelling apology, but Jol didn't have Aguero and Balotelli to step in, this was his only world class player. Then after the season had started and we still hadn't sold him, Berbatov outright refused to play in two games. Two games that he was contractually obliged to play in. Disgraceful behaviour. Modric asked his boss if he could have the day off since he thought his work was finished. He was told that he had to come in and so he did. Berbatov just didn't turn up to work when his boss wanted him there. Entirely different situations.

3 key reasons why we should never re-sign him:

1. Lennon, Defoe, Bale, King, Dawson and Assou-Ekotto probably won't be too keen to see him back, after the manner that he left and the way he used to constantly have a go at them during games when they fudged up.
2. We would look like absolute mugs having him back after what he did. You reap what you sow. What sort of message would that send out to Modric/Bale etc? brick on the club, do whatever you can to leave, it's ok, we'll have you back in a couple of years if it doesn't work out.
3. He doesn't even fit into our style of play. Our best football this season has been based around pace, unpredictable movement and stamina. Berbatov offers none of these things.

The guy doesn't work hard enough upfront to play for a top level team.
He looks great in highlights but the rest of the team has to carry him for the rest of the game.
He'll be off to Anzhi for the money.

[video=youtube;7Cuzw7rLmvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cuzw7rLmvs[/video]

Imagine a Berba+VDV partnership.

BTW - It was in the interests of Ramos to lie in the earlier quote about him not being on strike. Admitting he'd refused to play would have completely fudged us in the negotiations for his transfer fee. Once he'd gone, what we all knew already was confirmed by Levy.

This is completely different from the Modric scenario. Modric asked Harry if he could be excluded against City, Harry told him to get on with it, so he did. Ever since, he's worked hard and been one of our best players. Berbatov outright refused to play in two games. Two games that he was contractually obliged to play in. Disgraceful behaviour. Modric asked his boss if he could have the day off since he thought his work was finished. He was told that he had to come in and so he did. Berbatov just didn't turn up to work when his boss wanted him there. Entirely different situations.
I really disagree. You have neglected to acknowledge that Modric refused to play against manure in exactly the same way that Berba refused to play. The main difference between the two is that we had Modric on a much longer contract and we were therefore able to tell Chebrick to fudge off

I used to be of the belief that I could never accept Berba back on principle, but the way that I have been able to come to terms with Modric stil playing for us suggests to me that I would do the same should Berba come back and start scoring for fun again. Tbh I think a lot of naysayers would.

Also with regard to your three reasons for not accepting Berba back I can't agree with the third,Berba's movement was always exceptional, hat was why he made so much time and space for himself on the ball.

[video=youtube;7Cuzw7rLmvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cuzw7rLmvs[/video]

Imagine a Berba+VDV partnership.

Slow. Very slow. Also very, very easy to spark into conflict, since both of them seem to need to be big fishes in small ponds. Plus, both of them would keep dropping deep, so who'd stay up-front? Nah. I loved Berba, still have a grudging longing for the guy, but we can't play him and VdV together.

Id still happily pay 10m for berba.

Him and vdv would have a similar partnership to the one he held with keane, if not better.

He'd score bags of goals...call him lazy all you like, but only RVP is more clinical than him.

I really disagree. You have neglected to acknowledge that Modric refused to play against manure in exactly the same way that Berba refused to play. The main difference between the two is that we had Modric on a much longer contract and we were therefore able to tell Chebrick to fudge off

I used to be of the belief that I could never accept Berba back on principle, but the way that I have been able to come to terms with Modric stil playing for us suggests to me that I would do the same should Berba come back and start scoring for fun again. Tbh I think a lot of naysayers would.

Also with regard to your three reasons for not accepting Berba back I can't agree with the third,Berba's movement was always exceptional, hat was why he made so much time and space for himself on the ball.

If we did go back in for Berbatov - and I think it highly unlikely that we will - then I would be forced to support him, even if grudgingly. But I sincerely hope that I won't be put in that position.

Modric had a brief wobble in the summer and, when it was over, he knuckled down. Berbatov had a wobble after his first season, wasn't allowed to leave and he too knuckled down. But then he really dug his feet in during his second summer at the club. Turned the atmosphere around the changing room toxic and threatened to leave on a Webster.

When Modric has reached that level of disrespect for his team mates, the fans and the club as a whole, then he will be deserving of similar contempt.

Last edited:
modric didnt refuse to play against united.

and lord, even though he is still one hell of a talent i would be shocked if we took berbatov back after metaphorically dingdonging all over the club

Last edited:
Modric was worse.

Modric signed a Six Year contract recently and committed his future but then changed his mind as he got offered more money, Berbatov left us because we didn't show any ambition and He joined Manchester United, A United side that was full of quality and miles ahead of us.

Modric wanted to join Chelsea that had an ageing squad with lots of pension players and the fact that we were going to overtake them soon made Modric's desire harder to swallow. He also wanted to join our biggest rivals in my opinion.

Why would a Berbasex and VDV partnership need pace when you have Lennon and Bale flying down the wings, If opposing sides push up to try and pressure Berbasex + VDV then we can play the killer ball to release Bale and VDV. If they play deep to counter Bale and Lennon then it creates space for Berbasex and Rafa to work there magic.

If Berbatov is available for between ?ú5-?ú10mill then we must sign him, Harry would get the best out of Berbatov.

Modric was worse.

Modric signed a Six Year contract recently and committed his future but then changed his mind as he got offered more money, Berbatov left us because we didn't show any ambition and He joined Manchester United, A United side that was full of quality and miles ahead of us.

Modric wanted to join Chelsea that had an ageing squad with lots of pension players and the fact that we were going to overtake them soon made Modric's desire harder to swallow. He also wanted to join our biggest rivals in my opinion.

Why would a Berbasex and VDV partnership need pace when you have Lennon and Bale flying down the wings, If opposing sides push up to try and pressure Berbasex + VDV then we can play the killer ball to release Bale and VDV. If they play deep to counter Bale and Lennon then it creates space for Berbasex and Rafa to work there magic.

If Berbatov is available for between ?ú5-?ú10mill then we must sign him, Harry would get the best out of Berbatov.

Modric will only be worse than Berbatov when he has spent more than one year trying to engineer a move away from the club and when he has turned the atmosphere at the training ground toxic.

Neither of those things have happened as of yet. Modric has been a model of professionalism since having his head turned in the summer.

Modric was worse.

berbatov didnt even give us a chance to develop the team around him. the second man united showed interest he was literally refusing to play and forcing our hand...even threatened the webster ruling which thankfully was discredited by managers at the time as an option to get players.

modric wanted to leave but even though he said he wasnt in the right frame of mind i feel certain that if he was asked to play then he would have done so. berbatov refused to play, then the game came and went and he didnt play. forced the move and claimed we were his stepping stone to the team he wanted to join all along

i actualy think that money DID in fact play a huge part in modric's desire to move, but also the chelsea project...mata, avb and all the other players they were trying to get. it did look like a better future for a player than spurs. there you have an owner READY to show intent when its necessary

i dont blame either berbatov or modric for wanting to leave when they did, but berbatov was easily just as bad and highly likely that what he did was worse significantly than what modric did

berbatov and VDV wouldnt work too well i dont think. we would have the ball all nice and silky and good to see, but i fail to see the penetration consistently behind the opposition line. we'd be better off with drogba

last time i checked we were on pg 16 of this thread just a day or two ago. was excited to see we'd got to pg 22.

was expecting big things....

one measly article on hazard? poo poo thread this is.

Does GlastonSpur from Redcafe post on here?

He owned many United fans after Modric stayed, He won so many bets.

Back