• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Your the one that brought newspaper quotes into this with Woodys, which at best was a guess by him and if you were really being honest with yourself would accept that. Ramos has said he did not refuse to play but you have said nothing about that, i do not know because i was not there, however you seem to have a magical insight into all that went on, i beginging to believe you like the sound of your own voice and you are nothing more then a WUM, it a pity really because on occasion you do have some good points.

Im a WUM because I can back my argument and you dont like it?

Question to PL1:

Do you believe Levys quotes? And after reading them, do you still give Berbatov benefit of the "doubt"?

As i have said many times, i was not there and because of that i DO NOT know what happened and in all honesty neither do you

Tottenham's Ramos: Berbatov not on strike

08/24/2008 - 14:18

He was left out of Tottenham's 2-1 defeat, with boss Ramos insisting the Manchester United target was not in the right frame of mind to play football.

But Berbatov was only omitted after the Bulgarian told Ramos he was not in the "right condition".

However, Ramos then denied that last year's joint-top scorer was effectively on strike.

The Spaniard said: "He hasn’t got any power. If he is in no condition to play the game he is not going to play - that is the same as any other player."

Sunday press reports suggest a ?ú30million move to Old Trafford is now all but inevitable after this latest bust-up.

Ramos drops Berbatov as Tottenham forward submits transfer request

'I do not feel he will be good for the dressing room'

guardian.co.uk, Saturday 23 August 2008 14.49 BST

Manchester United have been chasing Dimitar Berbatov for the past year. Photographer: Action Images

The Tottenham head coach Juande Ramos has accused Dimitar Berbatov of having a negative effect on the dressing room and left him out of today's Premier League clash against Sunderland for not being "focused enough". Berbatov has handed in a formal transfer request and wants to leave White Hart Lane for Manchester United, with a departure appearing inevitable now Ramos has left him out of his squad for today's clash with Roy Keane's side.

Ramos has scheduled a meeting with the Bulgaria striker tomorrow to discuss his future. "As I said on Thursday, I needed to wait and speak to the player when he returned from international duty and then make a decision about whether or not he was right to play in this game," said Ramos. "I have not selected him as I do not think he is focused enough and I do not feel that he will be good for the dressing room and the team effort.

"It doesn't matter how good a player is, if he is not in the right frame of mind, then he will not perform well. The only thing I concern myself with is picking the best team to try and win the game. I shall talk to the player tomorrow, he is our player and we shall work with him at training."

"We had a player in Berbatov who had refused to play two games for us, having a detrimental affect on the dressing-room"

Daniel Levy

And by the way, whats there to be a WUM about? Im not the one putting some Man U player before THFC

Neither am i, but you seem to be doing that with you supposed knowledge on what Berby did or did nor do. As i have said you are perfectly entitled to believe what ever you want, but you are way out of line to even suggest that anyone else cares about a player more then their club.

I believe Levy over Ramos, and Ramos statement hardly shows Berbatov to be innocent.

In fact, hwo can anyone in their right mind use that to DEFEND Berbatov?

Last edited:
Neither am i, but you seem to be doing that with you supposed knowledge on what Berby did or did nor do. As i have said you are perfectly entitled to believe what ever you want, but you are way out of line to even suggest that anyone else cares about a player more then their club.

Do you think Levy lied? Its a simple question.

As i have said many times, i was not there and because of that i DO NOT know what happened and in all honesty neither do you

The most ridiculous part of it all is the expectation to believe one's newspaper quotes but discredit the ones which prove you wrong on the basis those are ..... wait for it . . .... newspaper quotes

:lol:

Bottom line is - he'd benefit this club and especially this current team immensely. More so than any Saha, or Zamora could ever do

If available for a good price - a MUST HAVE

Do you believe Ramos did.

I have the balls to answer your question, so I will.

I think Ramos basically dropped Berbatov because quote: "he is not focused enough and I do not feel that he will be good for the dressing room and the team effort".

I believe that that came from Berbatov not wanting to play, as confirmed by our chairman.

I think Ramos didnt want to look like a manager who had no power.

Last edited:
Back