• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Left for the money lol. Some people just refuse to accept any player would ever want to leave Spurs unless it's for the dollar.

He left us for the money. The guy has been happy enough sitting on the bench up there.
If he wanted to win trophies he would have bought in to the United's winning philosophy But he didn't and that's why Ferguson doesn't trust him to play in any important games.

Oh dear...

How did he leave for money?
If he wanted money, City were offering him much more.

He was United's top scorer last season with 20 goals and he missed most of the games.
This season - 10 Games - 7 Goals (5 Started) and only 15 Shots.

That's because Ferguson doesnt trust him and only plays the guy against teams United should steamroller.
This season he's scored against Aldershot(a), Benfica(h), Fulham(a), Wigan(h), Blackburn(h), Stoke (h).
Last he was top scorer in the League yet didnt score a single goal against any of the top 5 or in the Champion's League.
Half of his total came from just 3 games - Blackburn (h), Birmingham (h) and Blackpool (a).

If he had wanted to win things then he would have put the required effect in. The guy couldn't be arsed, the same way he couldn't be arsed playing for his country.
You'd have thought getting left out of the Champion's League final squad would have supplied the shock to the system he needed. But no, he's gone from 3rd in the United striker pecking order to 4th.

I don't care why Berbatov left.

I do care how he left.

That's why I don't want him back.

Thank you.

This will all come up again, and I will be forced to dig up all the quotes from Segers, and Roberts, and Woodgate that confirm that Berbatov refused to play for us, and all the desperate souls that think Dimitar is bigger than the club, will deny it happened, despite the evidence, and the fact he never denied it, and harp on about what a great buy he would be, and how he is class and how they go home late at night after the pub and watch you tube videos of him, while crying and/or cracking one off.

Breeeeath

Undoubtedly - seeing that now SAF said he might be sold in the summer pretty much confirming he won't get regular football again

Berbatov is a genius goalscorer and player, lets say hypothetically here, can you imagine a midfield/forward line with a mixture of Bale, VDV, Lennon, Modric, Parker, Hazard and Berbatov ?

Berbatov is a genius goalscorer and player, lets say hypothetically here, can you imagine a midfield/forward line with a mixture of Bale, VDV, Lennon, Modric, Parker, Hazard and Berbatov ?

That's a team capable of pushing for the title beyond the mathematical possibility on Matchday 18 following 3 decent results and a City draw

With Emirates Marketing Project and United interested in Hazard, I really can't see us being his top choice any more.

I don't know. I got the impression from his previous comments that he is more interested in going to a club which, yes, is up there challenging & in the CL (which we will be again next year) but that he is going to be playing the majority of games and has the chance to become the real main man of the team. In my opinion, we're the only team that will give him that.

Besides which, don't tell me that Harry's not been on the phone to Joe Cole getting him bending his ear in training.

I recall seeing a Harry interview in the early days saying he did not agree with the manner Berbatov left.

Then again this is a man who signed Willy "Team Spirit" Gallas.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has admitted his interest in Olivier Giroud.

The Montpellier striker has netted 17 goals this season for the French side, form which has attracted the interest of Redknapp.

And the Spurs boss could be ready to make a personal check on the forward.

“He looks good, I have read many good reports on him and I have a scout following the French championship,” Redknapp was quoted by L’Equipe.

“If a player attracts my attention I will watch him play.”

Thank you.

This will all come up again, and I will be forced to dig up all the quotes from Segers, and Roberts, and Woodgate that confirm that Berbatov refused to play for us, and all the desperate souls that think Dimitar is bigger than the club, will deny it happened, despite the evidence, and the fact he never denied it, and harp on about what a great buy he would be, and how he is class and how they go home late at night after the pub and watch you tube videos of him, while crying and/or cracking one off.

Breeeeath

Segers or Roberts were not at the club at the time so anything they have had to say is second hand, as for old quotes there is one from Ramos who said he did not refuse to play. It all depends on what the individual wants to believe, as i have said before none of us know the TRUE story unless we were there. The mind boggles about your belief that there are fans who do what you have accused them of, first hand knowledge of desperate loney people i wonder what put that in your mind. :-"

Segers or Roberts were not at the club at the time so anything they have had to say is second hand, as for old quotes there is one from Ramos who said he did not refuse to play. It all depends on what the individual wants to believe, as i have said before none of us know the TRUE story unless we were there. The mind boggles about your belief that there are fans who do what you have accused them of, first hand knowledge of desperate loney people i wonder what put that in your mind. :-"

Hmmmm. You seem to have left out Woodgates account. Well again, here it is:

The Spurs defender and his team-mates showed their commitment to the club last weekend, pulling together against Sunderland when petulant Berbatov allegedly refused to play.

The moody Bulgarian was angry at not being granted his move to Manchester United, a deal that is expected to go through this weekend. Asked if Berbatov's antics had done anything to dispel the negative, prima donna perception of today's stars, Woodgate said: "In the eyes of the supporters, not really no.

"I give 100 per cent. No matter where I am. No matter which club I play for.

"I will always do that because I am privileged to be a professional footballer. You have to try as hard as you can every day."

Former Spurs goalkeeping coach Hans Segers revealed in Mirror Sport yesterday that Berbatov was a "moody loner" who made life difficult for former boss Martin Jol before the Dutchman was sacked.

Woodgate believes that as a senior professional player Berbatov's behaviour last weekend set a poor example to younger players.

He added: "If it was me I wouldn't do it in the first place.

I would play. I don't know what's gone on.

"He hasn't been in the squad or has chosen not to play or whatever but if it was me I would play.

"It doesn't send out a great message for him not to play but it makes the boys work twice as hard for each other.

"You have to give 100 per cent in everything you do. Every training session, every game."

Although Woodgate himself admitted he was keen to go to Spurs back in January once they wanted to take him from Middlesbrough, he maintains he was always committed to Gareth Southgate's team before his departure.

He went on: "If you ask the manager, I always gave total commitment - no matter what.

Until I was leaving I was still professional and I think that's the way you've got to be.

"If you are at Spurs and you could play for Manchester United in the Champions League, which he has always wanted to do, then fair enough.

But there are ways of going about it."

Make of that what you will, and so will I.

Back