• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Segers or Roberts were not at the club at the time so anything they have had to say is second hand, as for old quotes there is one from Ramos who said he did not refuse to play. It all depends on what the individual wants to believe, as i have said before none of us know the TRUE story unless we were there. The mind boggles about your belief that there are fans who do what you have accused them of, first hand knowledge of desperate loney people i wonder what put that in your mind. :-"

He never refused to play - it's a hoax myth fabricated by blind hate, prejudice and tabliod stories. To this day - there are no factual quotes from a reliable source stating that, only half stories and tabloid lies.

He was removed from the team as he was deemed unift to play mentally due to the ongoing media saga. Protect the dressing room - duh. Same way Modric was 'removed' earlier in the season. Yet he was being sucked off the second his goal went past Reina eventhough he openly stated he WANTED a move to Chelsea - something Berbatov never did. Levy wanted to skin them alive hence the long time it took to settle.

If anything - Modric is twice the qunt

Are people saying Woodgate is lying, or the tabloids made his quotes up?

People are saying that he didnt do it, based on NOTHING other than the fact they think he's a good player, but when I say he did do it, based on quotes from several people connected to the club, it's slammed?

Last edited:
So Woody, you don't really know what's happened, do you? But thanks for your 5 pence anyway.

He hasn't been in the squad or has chosen not to play or whatever but if it was me I would play.

Hmmm. You seem to have left out Woodgates account. Well again, here it is:

The Spurs defender and his team-mates showed their commitment to the club last weekend, pulling together against Sunderland when petulant Berbatov allegedly refused to play.

The moody Bulgarian was angry at not being granted his move to Manchester United, a deal that is expected to go through this weekend. Asked if Berbatov's antics had done anything to dispel the negative, prima donna perception of today's stars, Woodgate said: "In the eyes of the supporters, not really no.

"I give 100 per cent. No matter where I am. No matter which club I play for.

"I will always do that because I am privileged to be a professional footballer. You have to try as hard as you can every day."

Former Spurs goalkeeping coach Hans Segers revealed in Mirror Sport yesterday that Berbatov was a "moody loner" who made life difficult for former boss Martin Jol before the Dutchman was sacked.

Woodgate believes that as a senior professional player Berbatov's behaviour last weekend set a poor example to younger players.

He added: "If it was me I wouldn't do it in the first place.

I would play. I don't know what's gone on.

"He hasn't been in the squad or has chosen not to play or whatever but if it was me I would play.

"It doesn't send out a great message for him not to play but it makes the boys work twice as hard for each other.

"You have to give 100 per cent in everything you do. Every training session, every game."

Although Woodgate himself admitted he was keen to go to Spurs back in January once they wanted to take him from Middlesbrough, he maintains he was always committed to Gareth Southgate's team before his departure.

He went on: "If you ask the manager, I always gave total commitment - no matter what.

Until I was leaving I was still professional and I think that's the way you've got to be.

"If you are at Spurs and you could play for Manchester United in the Champions League, which he has always wanted to do, then fair enough.

But there are ways of going about it."

Make of that what you will, and so will I.

Your right i did leave out Woody's words because i have seen it before, i have also seen the Ramos quote so i have not decided one way or the other, unlike some. As it happens Woody has not said in that quote that he Definitely refused to play but Ramos has said he did not refuse, so as i have said before none of us really know what happened. You have made your mind up on sketchy eveidence and believe that he did and that is fair enough, however personally i would keep a open mind on it.

Berbatov coming back would be superb. If Harry stay's I can see him trying for him.

Really cannot see that happening. Harry doesn't like party animals, players up their own arses and lazy sulky feckers. Berba comes in the last category. Harry wants hard workers and leaders.

"If it was me I wouldn't do it in the first place.

"He hasn't been in the squad or has chosen not to play or whatever but if it was me I would play."

Oh dear

Woody, do you want to be sued, or fined?

No, I'll do what every single famous person does and state clearly what went on, without putting myself in hot water. Only idiots wont understand that, so I'll be alright

Really cannot see that happening. Harry doesn't like party animals, players up their own arses and lazy sulky feckers. Berba comes in the last category. Harry wants hard workers and leaders.

Or cloggers?

He's not a party animal. An ample balcony space and a solid supply of walnuts would yield phenomenal results

Last edited:
He never refused to play - it's a hoax myth fabricated by blind hate, prejudice and tabliod stories. To this day - there are no factual quotes from a reliable source stating that, only half stories and tabloid lies.

People have their reasons for wanting to believe it happened, but in all honesty unless we were there we do not know, but i will give Berby the benefit of the doubt because hs manager of the time has said he did not refuse to play and has been quoted that in papers. Its seems a bit more reliable then what Woody has guessed at.

So you wasnt there, but you believe a quote.....in a newspaper......?

All the things that you say are wrong with my point of view? :ross:

:-"

Tottenham's Daniel Levy reveals why Dimitar Berbatov was sold to Manchester United

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has revealed the reasons behind why he eventually agreed to the sale to Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United.
Levy claimed that the Bulgarian striker twice refused to play for the club in August, and also criticised the level of 'player power' in the game.

"We had a player in Berbatov who had refused to play two games for us, having a detrimental affect on the dressing-room," he said.

"We'd known for a year that the player wanted out of this club.

"The reality is that in modern football the players have all the power."

Levy said last week that he felt no choice but to sell Robbie Keane in the summer, so he could fulfil his boyhood dream, but, when it came to Berbatov he said the club had just felt let down.
Related Articles

"Dimitar Berbatov was a player who we brought to this club at a time when Man United were interested in him. He made a conscious decision to come to this club, we invested a lot of money, nobody had ever heard of Dimitar Berbatov when we bought him.

"A year later with 10 days to go to the end of the window he tells us he wants to leave to go to Manchester United. We were very disappointed."

Levy also said he thought Berbatov's treatment of the club was disgraceful, and that would not even consider discussing the possibility of a new contract, insisting that playing for Manchester United was his ultimate goal.

"I don't think he treated this club with the respect that we honestly deserved, he said.

"We put him on the map, I think he's an outstanding player, but he signed a long-term contract with this club and I think he should have stayed.

"I had so many conversations with him. He kept saying it was about his ambition to play for Manchester United. It wasn't a money issue. We offered him a new contract and he wasn't even interested in discussing it."

Admitting it was the club's responsibility that no replacements were bought in, Levy insists that the final decision on whether to release Berbatov was made by former manager Juande Ramos.

Ramos meanwhile, has claimed that the club's failure to replace Berbatov and Keane was the real reason he was shown the door.

Insisting his squad had been weakened by the board, Ramos told the People: "I am the same coach from last year that took the team to the Carling Cup triumph, but the squad is not the same.

"After the sale of Keane and Berbatov things went from bad to worse because they are difficult to replace. I asked for a series of reinforcements but for various reasons the deals were not able to be closed."

Last edited:
Hmmmm. You seem to have left out Woodgates account. Well again, here it is:

The Spurs defender and his team-mates showed their commitment to the club last weekend, pulling together against Sunderland when petulant Berbatov allegedly refused to play.

The moody Bulgarian was angry at not being granted his move to Manchester United, a deal that is expected to go through this weekend. Asked if Berbatov's antics had done anything to dispel the negative, prima donna perception of today's stars, Woodgate said: "In the eyes of the supporters, not really no.

"I give 100 per cent. No matter where I am. No matter which club I play for.

"I will always do that because I am privileged to be a professional footballer. You have to try as hard as you can every day."

Former Spurs goalkeeping coach Hans Segers revealed in Mirror Sport yesterday that Berbatov was a "moody loner" who made life difficult for former boss Martin Jol before the Dutchman was sacked.

Woodgate believes that as a senior professional player Berbatov's behaviour last weekend set a poor example to younger players.

He added: "If it was me I wouldn't do it in the first place.

"He hasn't been in the squad or has chosen not to play or whatever but if it was me I would play.

"It doesn't send out a great message for him not to play but it makes the boys work twice as hard for each other.

"You have to give 100 per cent in everything you do. Every training session, every game."

Although Woodgate himself admitted he was keen to go to Spurs back in January once they wanted to take him from Middlesbrough, he maintains he was always committed to Gareth Southgate's team before his departure.

He went on: "If you ask the manager, I always gave total commitment - no matter what.

Until I was leaving I was still professional and I think that's the way you've got to be.

"If you are at Spurs and you could play for Manchester United in the Champions League, which he has always wanted to do, then fair enough.

But there are ways of going about it."

Make of that what you will, and so will I.

Dude I generally agree with your posts, and definitely agree that Berba was a qunt for how he treated us, but in the interests of consistency how do you feel about Modric as there is ultimately little to no difference in how he acted at the start of this season, refusing to play against manure and then playing like dogbrick against Emirates Marketing Project?

People have their reasons for wanting to believe it happened, but in all honesty unless we were there we do not know, but i will give Berby the benefit of the doubt because hs manager of the time has said he did not refuse to play and has been quoted that in papers. Its seems a bit more reliable then what Woody has guessed at.

Of course - depending on your agenda, you'd swing either way. I also seem to recall Ramos' quote at the time

Woddy basically says fudge all concluding that he doesn't know. So what are you saying then, Woody?

Irrespective - what Modric did was by the same logic - twice as bad, yet he's cheered every game. Despicable from the ugly worm

They are all mercenary qunts - so if he's willing to come back and do a job (which I strongly believe he would) we'b be crazy not to take him

Last edited:

But its what he can do, didnt we all fall in love with the lazy sulky fudger before be went to Utd ? We knew he was that type of player but still loved him for the flip side of him which was nothing short of genius. We cant say we dont want a sulky player back when we loved him when he was here.

Dude I generally agree with your posts, and definitely agree that Berba was a qunt for how he treated us, but in the interests of consistency how do you feel about Modric as there is ultimately little to no difference in how he acted at the start of this season, refusing to play against manure and then playing like dogbrick against Emirates Marketing Project?

I wanted Modric sold. I was viciously against keeping him, and will never forgive him for refusing to play for us. I respect the fact that he has played his best football for us since the window shut, and has been professional.

I will never feel the same way about him, and dont trust him, whatever he says about being here, or even if he signs a new deal. Its a shame, but thats how I feel.

I fully expect him to leave.

So you wasnt there, but you believe a quote.....in a newspaper......?

All the things that you say are wrong with my point of view? :ross:

Your the one that brought newspaper quotes into this with Woodys, which at best was a guess by him and if you were really being honest with yourself would accept that. Ramos has said he did not refuse to play but you have said nothing about that, i do not know because i was not there, however you seem to have a magical insight into all that went on, i beginging to believe you like the sound of your own voice and you are nothing more then a WUM, it a pity really because on occasion you do have some good points.

Question to PL1:

Do you believe Levys quotes? And after reading them, do you still give Berbatov benefit of the "doubt"?

Back