• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

from JJetset (the only ITK that actually seems to be one)

Its not all doom and gloom as a few posters have mentioned.
Eden will come but is obviously waiting to see if we qualify into the Champs League.
The news above is kind of right but i dont know about the stadium story?
Leandro isnt a problem and is just timing of us and waiting for a few other things.(i wont elaborate)
Ade hasnt been drawn a line under yet, so some of the thoughts are he may be a 1 season wonder and some are he will be good for us going ahead if he decides to take a wage cut. Long way to go on that one.
Things change all the time in football and things may be correct at time of hearing but then an hour later are completely different and thats why the papers get away with publishing so much rubbish!
Harry is all over the place STILL and not very happy after the weekend STILL!
Yes we talk to Jose but so do many others and he is a precious commodity.
Will Harry go? If anyone could work out whats going on in his head currently go for it?!!

For the record, JJetset (above) was responding to the following post:

from FTL via coys:
Quote:
ad: From a senior director..
1. harry wont go to england for less than the 6m they paid capello. hes happy at spurs but if he leaves they reckon mourinho is poss, no matter if he signs a new cont (go figure)
2. ade defo leaving. they know hes a one season wonder and not worth the risk.
3. leandro and hazard are the 2 dream signings.. can sign both
4. app the stadium is dependant on CL qualification (hard to believe) but logic is if no CL, much less sponsorship for naming rights which is the key.
The stadium thing baffled me
however, it is logical.. this is the time we need to secure it.. if we have CL qual we are much more appealing to investors.. if we dont, were not.
I cant believe we would not build on that basis but it makes sense as we would get a much btr if in the CL even in the short term as wed be much more marketable now.
Thats all i got, nothing groundbreaking, but thought id share!

I've heard Adriano is available on a free...

978x.jpg

Adriano?

he has just had his contract terminated, HE could give us the boost to finish in the Top 4 on a short term contract and we could re-assess the situation in the summer.
Harry would get the best out of him.

Adriano?

he has just had his contract terminated, HE could give us the boost to finish in the Top 4 on a short term contract and we could re-assess the situation in the summer.

Adriano had his contract terminated because he didn't come in for training and a refusal to let the club weigh him. He's been finished at the top level for a while already.

Vertonghen open to Arsenal move

Defender names Gunners as one of his preferred destinations

Last Updated: March 13, 2012 9:07am

Spurs were thought to be leading the race for the Belgium international's signature, who has previously stated his admiration for Harry Redknapp's side.

But the 24-year-old is also a fan of the Gunners and attended their recent UEFA Champions League triumph over AC Milan at Emirates Stadium at the request of former Ajax team-mate Thomas Vermaelen.

Vertonghen's contract in Amsterdam expires next June and the defender looks likely to leave in the summer after making it clear he will not sign a new deal, with Ajax already eyeing FC Twente centre-back Douglas as a potential replacement.

He said in the Daily Express: "My agent knows what clubs I'm willing to go to. Arsenal are obviously one of them. Ajax are busy trying to find solutions to replace me."

Focused

The Belgian, who came through the youth ranks at Ajax, has made no secret of his desire to join a Premier League side.

However, the Dutch club have emerged as late contenders for the Eredivisie title and Vertonghen is focused on their campaign for the time being.

"Who wouldn't want to play football at a top club in England?" the defender told NU Sport. "If a nice club (is interested) I will hear about it from my agent.

"But first I want to concentrate fully on the title race."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7592429/Vertonghen-open-to-Arsenal-move

Adriano?

First Ekotto as captain, now this??

You dont know much about football do you?

Adriano would need an entire season to get fit to play 90 minutes. There's a reason his contract was terminated!

Apparently QPR haven't put in any relegation clauses in the contracts they signed with players this January.

QPR face a financial nightmare if they suffer relegation — because none of their stars will be forced to take a pay cut.

Rangers have stunned all the other clubs in the Premier League but not including relegation clauses in the contracts of their new signings since promotion last summer.

This means stars such as ?ú70,000-a-week Joey Barton and ?ú60,000-a-week Djibril Cisse will still be paid their mega-money contracts even if they drop down a division.

Premier League players normally see their wages cut between 33 per cent and 50 per cent if their club is relegated.

But Rangers were so desperate to sign players such as Jay Bothroyd, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand in the summer that they did not include the clause.

The same goes for ?ú50,000-a-week Bobby Zamora who joined Rangers for ?ú6m from Fulham in January.

One football boss, who asked not to be named, said: "This is absolutely unbelievable from QPR. It is total madness and it could land them in trouble, however much money their owners have.

"The last team not to have relegation clauses was Saudi Sportswashing Machine and it left them in a mess."

Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandes completed a ?ú100m takeover of Rangers in August with Neil Warnock making a string of panic buys, which also included Armand Traore and Luke Young.

Despite Mark Hughes having arrived as boss, they remain in deep trouble having slipped into the bottom three.

The majority of the summer signings at Rangers earn between ?ú40,000 and ?ú50,000-a-week.

Of the other two promoted clubs, Danny Graham is Swansea's top earner on ?ú20,000 but the majority of other players earn less than ?ú15,000.

Equally, the top earners at Norwich do not earn more than ?ú15,000-a-week basic.

Rangers have realised they have made a massive mistake as they are ready to hand a new contract to Jamie Mackie — but want to include a relegation clause.

Although their owner has deep pockets, it seems he is now only realising the impact of relegation.

Rangers will earn about ?ú42million from TV money in the Premier League although relegation to the Championship would see a parachute payment of ?ú18m.

Payments over the next few years would decrease further, from ?ú13m to ?ú9m and then ?ú8m.

Yet with Rangers having offered four-year contracts to many of their players, they could still be paying Premier League money and would be unable to get them off the wage bill.

Yet Rangers chief executive Phillip Beard insists Rangers are in a good position.

He said: "The thing I think is really important is that we've got a group of shareholders who are totally committed.

"My understanding — and I spend a lot of time with them — is that they are 100% committed to this club in the short, medium and long term.

"We have no debts in the club whatsoever. The only debt is with the shareholders.

"Ideally we stay in the Premier League this season and kick on. If things don't work the way that we want them to, we'll regroup and fight tooth and nail to come back up."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4192856/QPR-face-financial-apocalypse-if-they-are-relegated-from-Prem.html

Wow, that's silly

I'm sure Fernandes or Mital would bail them out much like they have since the 'project' started

On a side note - Where exactly are the Sun getting those figures from - surely those are made-up estimates

Last edited:
Back