• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I would like to put a bid in for Tevez. Not sure if he still wants to go back to S America but bricky would be prepared to sell. We wont be able to afford the wages maybe but maybe an agreement could be made.

I had forgotten they had dzeko, damn they have some good strikers they have a youngster who plays in holland on loan is doing well. My mate who is a brighton fan said their ball winning midfielder who is 19 and on loan at brighton till the end of the season is outstanding(i forget the lads name) and the reason brighton are back in the play offs.

This summer i want us to sign Drenthe, Dembele, Llorente, Hoillet, Remy(not seen much of him but he sounds like the sort we need) would also like to see us go for wells at southampton and bennett at derby. I actually would not mind seeing VDV go if we could get dembele in as i feel he is going to be as good but less injury prone.

Drenthe and hoillet would give us cover pace on the wings and cost us only a few millon as drenthe is on a free and we would only have to pay a development cost to blackburn for hoillet. Could get rid of krancjar who is to slow for us dos santos, bentley and piennar and use the money elsewhere in the squad. Replace jenas with livermore and corluka with naughton and bassong with caulker and we will have more money to use for a quality centre half and 2 good strikers.

Please GHod i hope we do not sign adebayor not a bad player but for those wages and fee i just do not see it at all to much of a streaky player a bit like defoe but with less goals.

It is why if the is a quality player i always feel we should try and sign in the january window before other clubs with more to offer come in and try and get them in the summer.

Im sure we will wait till the last minute of the transfer window in the summer as usual.

Why don't we try and sign any of these players with a view of them arriving in the summer? Arsenal have agreed a deal already for Podolski, why can't we try similar with the likes of Hazard and Vertonghen?

Probably because they're waiting to see where we finish in the league.

And Podolski doesn't care where Arsenal are going to finish in the league? Surely, our league placing come the end of the season can't be the be all and end all of any prospective transfer?

The young City lad is Razak, they have high hopes for him. And the striker out in Holland is Guidetti.

I'm with you on Drenthe, always has a spark about him everytime I see him play. And Hoilett as well but I think getting both wouldn't work squadwise unless we managed to move on Pienaar Niko and Gio for good money, although I wouldn't really want to see Krancjar leave...

The young City lad is Razak, they have high hopes for him. And the striker out in Holland is Guidetti.

I'm with you on Drenthe, always has a spark about him everytime I see him play. And Hoilett as well but I think getting both wouldn't work squadwise unless we managed to move on Pienaar Niko and Gio for good money, although I wouldn't really want to see Krancjar leave...

I have watched brighton live 5 times this season and the thing they have been missing is a ball winning midfielder apparently this young lad has completely turned that around, might be a tip to come up through the play offs now.

Krancjar is a good player but he is a playmaker he should only play in central midfield and obviously only when modric is out and with someone like parker or sandro, thing about krancjar is he usually takes a few games to get into his stride, it is my belief he is one of a few in our squad that could benefit from regular reserve football to keep him sharp.

Why don't we try and sign any of these players with a view of them arriving in the summer? Arsenal have agreed a deal already for Podolski, why can't we try similar with the likes of Hazard and Vertonghen?

We also need the permission of the club to officially talk to these players, and certainly to actually sign them. Might be that Ajax and Lille are unwilling to let their players start contract negotiations with other clubs during their season.

We also need the permission of the club to officially talk to these players, and certainly to actually sign them. Might be that Ajax and Lille are unwilling to let their players start contract negotiations with other clubs during their season.

But how about other targets? Can it really be that we are only going after those two? Why is it that we very nearly always have to wait until the end of transfer windows before signing insufficient players who always see that we never really push on? Why can't we make a big statement of intent, push and sign a top player or two nice and early, as we did with Modric, and then enjoy having them come and train with us and hopefully step right in to the action at the start of the season.

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has accepted proposed wages of ?ú210,000 a week to move to Emirates Marketing Project, although a transfer fee has yet to be agreed between the two clubs. The deal would make the 28-year-old the Premier League's highest-earning player once City sell Carlos Tevez.

Even though Ade has said he is on ?ú225k a week.

But how about other targets? Can it really be that we are only going after those two? Why is it that we very nearly always have to wait until the end of transfer windows before signing insufficient players who always see that we never really push on? Why can't we make a big statement of intent, push and sign a top player or two nice and early, as we did with Modric, and then enjoy having them come and train with us and hopefully step right in to the action at the start of the season.

I can obviously only guess.

It seems that Levy thinks he will get better deals by waiting until the end of the window for the players we do end up signing, and I think he's right. This kind of long term thinking in the transfer market is what has gotten us to where we currently are. I'm guessing it will continue. Although we have shown with players like Modric that if the right player is available for the right price we will do our business early.

That said, as we're getting better and if we are going to compete at the top we will probably have to start spending our money earlier to give our squad a better chance of gelling and making sure that we don't leave ourselves with gaps that we have to fill with emergency last day signings.

I think that happened with the brazilan unvi the defender we wont be able to play him to next year.

I also heard whispers about a swedish guy called elm playing in holland but i have never heard of him so i do not know if thats flimflam but it was in the papers in holland.

The RVP talk has definitely brightened up my weekend after yesterday. Let's just hope it can provide a mini-distraction tomorrow night

I have watched brighton live 5 times this season and the thing they have been missing is a ball winning midfielder apparently this young lad has completely turned that around, might be a tip to come up through the play offs now.

Krancjar is a good player but he is a playmaker he should only play in central midfield and obviously only when modric is out and with someone like parker or sandro, thing about krancjar is he usually takes a few games to get into his stride, it is my belief he is one of a few in our squad that could benefit from regular reserve football to keep him sharp.

I think Kranjcar is better suited to the number 10 role. He just doesn't have the engine or discipline for CM in my opinion.

I think Kranjcar is better suited to the number 10 role. He just doesn't have the engine or discipline for CM in my opinion.

You know what i can see that as he does lack discpline so a free role might be his best bet. He certainly is not suited to the wing that is for sure. He did a few years ago go through a nice little period of getting goals for us.

I would rather have dembele in the free role with maybe keeping vdv, vdv is obviously quality but i do not feel he is cut out for the prem with all the injuries he gets.

You know what i can see that as he does lack discpline so a free role might be his best bet. He certainly is not suited to the wing that is for sure. He did a few years ago go through a nice little period of getting goals for us.

I would rather have dembele in the free role with maybe keeping vdv, vdv is obviously quality but i do not feel he is cut out for the prem with all the injuries he gets.

Dembele is fudgein quality but unless you get rid of VDV Dembele is not the player we need.

I do not like Kranjcar I just think he needs to be moved on. He is far far too slow and dont see what he adds i dont.

Back