• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

What we definitely need next season is a striker and an attacking player that can play out wide. Those two will most likely be very expensive. Anything else will be squad players if we manage to shift some of our current deadwood.

Yep i'd much rather 2 first X1 star players then 4 or so squad players that could make the starting X1.

Hazard and Adebayor Vs Hoilett, Dempsey, Gyan and some up and coming kid from the lower leagues?

Hoillett has had some good moments that I can remember, but can anyone on this board honestly say they watch him enough to conclude he plays at a high standard every week. The few recent games I've seen him he's been rather anonymous, and I was watching out for him because of the transfer links to Spurs. In saying that I haven't seen a whole lot of Hazard either but his burgeoning reputation tells me that plenty of others rate him very high. Hazard or Hoilett? No brainer really.

I'm also of the opinion that we should be looking to strengthen the 1st team, not the squad. We need to move beyond that way of thinking if we wish to improve from where we are now.

It doesn't make sense to spend such a huge amount of money on an area of our team that is so strong already, need to address the centre forward and centre back positions and we need all the funds we can get to strengthen those.

Mate, we aren't strong on the right and solely rely on Lenon (and to less success Walker) offering threat out wide

A quality signing would galvanise what is currently a very exciting attacking side

Mate, we aren't strong on the right and solely rely on Lenon (and to less success Walker) offering threat out wide

A quality signing would galvanise what is currently a very exciting attacking side

I want someone who can play both sides - two in one.

What we definitely need next season is a striker and an attacking player that can play out wide. Those two will most likely be very expensive. Anything else will be squad players if we manage to shift some of our current deadwood.

Yep i'd much rather 2 first X1 star players then 4 or so squad players that could make the starting X1.

Hazard and Adebayor Vs Hoilett, Dempsey, Gyan and some up and coming kid from the lower leagues?

Absolutely - we need to set a solid transfer foundation this summer and commence a cycle which would hopefully bring in quality players in line with our progress elsewhere instead of bench do-gooders on their pre-retirement last lap.

Hazard and Llorente and we will challenge for the title next season and not only mathematically.

I'm also of the opinion that we should be looking to strengthen the 1st team, not the squad.

Nail. Head.

Last edited:
Why is it 1 or the other? I genuinely don't understand this train of thought!

Why can't we buy Hoilett (squad player that will actually get used) and Hazard? It's been explained a few times how getting someone like Hoilett in can actually free up space in the squad and bring in money !

It's not a hypothetical question like "what would you prefer 3rd place or FA cup... but you can't have both"!!! We can buy 2 players in a transfer window.

There's massive straw man arguments being built here! NOONE is saying "don't improve the 1st team we only need squad players." It's about a complete upgrade of 1st team and squad, that's very dooable.

There's massive straw man arguments being built here! NOONE is saying "don't improve the 1st team we only need squad players." It's about a complete upgrade of 1st team and squad, that's very dooable.

In terms of priorities I would say upgrading the first 11 is far more crucial than getting a marginally better Gio to marginally improve our bench.

It is the former which would be competing against the very best next season and need to be raised a level

If funds are limited (which they could well be) - I would much rather see 1 quality signing instead of 1 good signing and one bench warmer.

Why is it 1 or the other? I genuinely don't understand this train of thought!

Why can't we buy Hoilett (squad player that will actually get used) and Hazard? It's been explained a few times how getting someone like Hoilett in can actually free up space in the squad and bring in money !

It's not a hypothetical question like "what would you prefer 3rd place or FA cup... but you can't have both"!!! We can buy 2 players in a transfer window.

ok, you make sense, but can we come up with another option. Im not a fan of chanting a name that sounds like toilet :)

If we do have the opportunity to sign a quality player like Hazard then of course we should take it, but I think our assessments of Hoillet differ as I think he could be a quality back up.

Utd fans were probably bitching when they got Valencia from Wigan, wanting to jizz 30m plus on some overseas superstar, look how well he's done for them.

I haven't seen enough of Hazard on a week in week out basis, he's obviously an exciting player though.

Utd fans were probably bitching when they got Valencia from Wigan, wanting to jizz 30m plus on some overseas superstar, look how well he's done for them.

Most were actually quite positive at the time plus Valencia was already head and shoulders above anyone at Wigan at the time - hence the 16m fee. Hoilett is nowhere near that level.

Good points on all sides. The way I see it is I would rather have Hoilett and a top class striker, than Hazard, and not sign a top striker.

Not saying thats the choice, but I dont think we would get Hazard AND Remy (obviously first choice!), so Id happily take Hoilett and Remy.

If we do have the opportunity to sign a quality player like Hazard then of course we should take it, but I think our assessments of Hoillet differ as I think he could be a quality back up.

I haven't seen enough of Hazard on a week in week out basis, he's obviously an exciting player though.

Its not a case of how much money is spent nor the prestige of the name connected but how that money is spent. Considering the way we have treated the window post Ramos era I can't see us buying both a high priced Hazard and lower priced Holiet. The honest answer is that we probably sign one only and that is the way we should be approaching it. A starting replacement/competition for Lennon and Bale is what is required Lennon in particular is not of the quality whereby we should be trying for an upgrade if one is possible.

The 25 man squad rule is important in all this. You got shift out someone to get someone in, or vice versa. So buying two wide men like Hazard and Hoilett means two out. I guess that might be Gio and Bentley in this instance.

If Swansea are relegated and you're all so keen on a new Gio - how about Nathan Dyer instead?

Better season overall. Scored more goals. Same pricerange. British.

The 25 man squad rule is important in all this. You got shift out someone to get someone in, or vice versa. So buying two wide men like Hazard and Hoilett means two out. I guess that might be Gio and Bentley in this instance.

Yes - but there are others. Ade is on loan. Gallas will most probably go. Saha will most probably go. So thats five. Need to be replaced with higher quality (maybe not in Ade's case as he is fairly good)

i think the Falcao ship has sailed unfortunately

i remember Spurs being heavily linked with him back in 2008 when Ramos/Poyet were here, around 10 mill from River Plate....fcuk

Back