• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

First ever post on here, but get a grip on the Hazard u-turn! What the reports haven't done is put in context when the interview was actually carried out. As it's part of their 15 Feb weekly hard copy magazine issue http://sportmagazine.levif.be/sport/magazine/sportmagazine-be-pour-abonnes/ I'd hazard I guess (sorry) that the interview was conducted before the comments he made about Spurs. It's also clear that he's answering a very specific question about the Arse. So I really wouldn't read too much into it...

HTML:
There are a few people on here who rate Shaqiri on here (I'll not claim that, I've never seen him) but from all the noise from you lot I think I might keep an eye on that game. Love to see good technical ability coming out.

Only seen him in champions league and internationals but this lad is VDV mark 2 and MO will just get better.

Not an alternative to Hazard for me but for the number 10 role if we pla that

ArcSpace - pages 29-30 of this thread - are you a teenage girl, because you were acting like one. Thankfully uksb seems to have talked you round a bit.

Shaqiri - I've only seen this guy play a couple of times, but his build, confidence, the way he moves, the skill he possesses, was awe-inspiring - I think he's gonna be a top world class player.

ArcSpace - pages 29-30 of this thread - are you a teenage girl, because you were acting like one. Thankfully uksb seems to have talked you round a bit.

sea%20fishing.jpg

Shaqiri - I've only seen this guy play a couple of times, but his build, confidence, the way he moves, the skill he possesses, was awe-inspiring - I think he's gonna be a top world class player.

Certainly looks promising, and looks to me like he can play in a lot of different positions, both wings and behind a striker. Still surprised he hasn't been snapped up by anyone already.

Would say he's more of a VDV replacement in my opinion

I agree. Eriksen might develop into a Modric style player at some point, but he's not ready for that role yet in my opinion. Definitely talented though.

Shaqiri's a good little player, great left foot but he's also a selfish little bugger. Head down and shoot is pretty much his game at the moment.

Here's Hazards goals from the past three and a half seasons, the quality sucks but gets a little better as it goes on;

[video=youtube;JJ_lrWruuq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ_lrWruuq0[/video]

i don't really see the fuss with these arsenal comments - has others have said, looks like he was asked a direct question about the club, just says what anyone would say if asked about them imo. the interviews and such about us these past few days are a lot more solids reason to take notice, but far from done at this stage obviously

can't see Arsenal splashing that kind of money on one player at the moment
they need to strengthen almost every other position on the pitch before they think about a winger
he won't go there if they aren't in the CL

First ever post on here, but get a grip on the Hazard u-turn! What the reports haven't done is put in context when the interview was actually carried out. As it's part of their 15 Feb weekly hard copy magazine issue http://sportmagazine.levif.be/sport/magazine/sportmagazine-be-pour-abonnes/ I'd hazard I guess (sorry) that the interview was conducted before the comments he made about Spurs. It's also clear that he's answering a very specific question about the Arse. So I really wouldn't read too much into it...

Here's the google-translated transcript (only part of the interview):
2011 was the year of Eden Hazard: a title of best player in the championship of France which crowned a league and cup double with Lille who had not won a trophy for over half a century. That deserved the No. 1 spot in the Top 100 Sport / Foot Magazine - RTBF.

In January, we announced to you almost every day for a big club ...

Oh, I was not aware. (He laughs).

These rumors, they make you laugh or they irritated you?

People say everything and anything. I know my situation. They send me in the best clubs, it's been fun, but maybe I'm not interested in everything you hear.

You know your situation ... That is to say?

I know what direction I will go.

England is your priority?

That's the championship where I think I can express myself better. Where I can learn more, too. Difficult to explain why. Question of feeling. The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums: this is still well above anything I've experienced so far in France. And that attracts me.

They quote you a regular at Arsenal, Arsene Wenger likes you a lot, you've always been a fan of Thierry Henry, ... This club inspires you because it has a tradition of beautiful game? This will be a priority for you to sign for a team that plays good football?

Of course. It's always more fun when it's beautiful. In addition, at Arsenal, there is a coach and French players. And Thomas Vermaelen. There are several clubs that interest me in England and Arsenal is really a part.

The sooner you go, the better?

All in good time: First, finish the season well with Lille. Then, it will make the right choice. Going abroad to find myself on the bench, this does not interest me. I know I will still raise my level. But, since the beginning of my career, I always set the bar a little higher. And I worked to be able to cross it. And I know many people in England. This is another added attraction.

At one point, they talked mostly Spain. Real Madrid, for example ...

I never told myself that I wanted to go to Real Madrid. Others have done in my place. I'm obviously not against the idea. Who does not dream of Real Madrid? Or FC Barcelona? I also closed the door to anyone. All major championships I like: Spain, Italy, etc.. But I am convinced that, for now at least, the ideal for me would be England. I am lucid enough to realize that being holder in one of two Spanish grandees, at my age it would be complicated.

Seems like Hazard's dad might be pulling the strings in this transfer in our favour.

The irony is his dad's name's Thierry...

Agreed on not reading too much into the gooner quotes. So much is lost in translation. If we want him we can bid, if accepted he can decide if he wants to join. If he says yes then great, we get a top class player and irritate the hell out of Arsenal fans. If he says no we move on. Just about waiting and seeing.

Agreed on not reading too much into the gooner quotes. So much is lost in translation. If we want him we can bid, if accepted he can decide if he wants to join. If he says yes then great, we get a top class player and irritate the hell out of Arsenal fans. If he says no we move on. Just about waiting and seeing.

patience_small.jpg

Back