• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Surely it became obvious the first quote about agreeing personal terms was a miss-translation when he quickly came out and said nothing had been agreed.

Or he was advised to do so and keep his options open

Either way - disappointing all around

Btw can anyone name any right wing/attacking right sided players that can come in if we don't get hazard?

Hoilett plays either side, he seems the obvious choice if this doesn't come off.

Him in on a free would give us three quality versatile wingers and enable us to spend the funds elsewhere

How about Hoilett on a free!! :D

Hoilett would probably be rotated in with the squad, so he'll probably spend a decent amount of time on the bench (still plenty of games to be had, of course). Is he hankering to keep playing week in and week out?
I also feel like a lot of these wingers can be adapted to play inverted in case of injury to Bale.

Afellay, Holliet, Krasic, Remy, Andre Ayew, and an outsider but a player i like is Jimmy Kebe from Reading

Well, him/his agent self-whoring was what occurred to me initially, and that feeling's only been strengthened. His hype had died down a bit of late but a threat of joining us should push one of the Manc clubs into splashing the cash, maybe even Chelsea if they get around FFP somehow. We're a good back-up option to have, just not the big prize.

In truth even though a more clinical version of Adebayor would be the ideal signing (if at all feasible), I think a highscoring and creative wing forward - particularly a RWF - would be quite useful in the case that we can't find this super clinical superstriker, since Ade is more of a creator than a reliable scorer, and VdV often plays too deep to score consistently. Lennon's been adapting and scoring more this season but he's not a natural wing forward.

Moreover, Hazard doesn't "cost" anything in possession, the way Lennon or Bale sometimes do when they get only 20 (glorious) touches a game - Hazard routinely gets around 45 passes and a high success % which suggests he gets consistently involved in Lille's possession game, while also making key passes and scoring and assisting. I would be worried if we were playing two selfish players out wide, but I think both him and Bale or at least one of them can adapt to play less riskily at times and do more grunt work for the team.

Keep in mind we've been linked to RWFs the last few transfer windows. Hazard is certainly a better option than Remy at RWF imo - even though Remy is more capable of leading the line, he gets few touches and doesn't do anything creative, so he ultimately seems limited in his potential.

If not Hazard, I'd hope we go for Erikson as a long-term VdV replacement. And get the stadium funding tied up so I can breathe a sigh of relief about our future and stop worrying it'll constrain our TW options.

happy if some epl club came in and blew 50 big ones on Hazard. then we can have a real go at the other more realistic options.

any chance we are in cahoots with hazard or his club to do just that?

Remy can play a variety of roles, maybe thats what Redknapp was looking for

Remy can play a variety of roles, maybe thats what Redknapp was looking for

Really? which role apart from striker?

Remy is a striker, thats all. Its like playing Defoe on the right or left, you dont want to do that.

Anyway Remy is out 3 weeks. And will miss both games vs Milan.

Really? which role apart from striker?

Remy is a striker, thats all. Its like playing Defoe on the right or left, you dont want to do that.

Anyway Remy is out 3 weeks. And will miss both games vs Milan.

i guess Deschamps and other managers who have played him in other positions other than a striker must be mugs then

he has a technical ability and brain which enables him to do so. In this regard your comparison with Defoe is not a very good one

I agree he is at his best in the centre forward role, all im saying is that he has the ability to play in other formations where he plays wider if needs be, as he has done throughout his career

Jimmy Briand is another who can play striker and wing roles

Back