• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

goal.com reporting that Chelsea are out of the race for Hazard

As revealed by Goal.com, Chelsea spoke to the player’s representatives last month but senior Stamford Bridge figures have now let it be known that they will not pursue one of the hottest properties in Europe over the coming months.

“Chelsea are not going to sign Hazard,” a source told Goal.com. “They said, ‘we know him and like him but we are not going to do it’.”

Matt Spiro (@mattspiro)
2/17/12 8:21 AM
France Football today standing by their Hazard-to-Spurs story. They say he feels only #THFC guarantee regular football & CL next season

Don't think we can exactly guarantee CL football just yet. And then what if we finish fourth? Wait until two days before the deadline to sign him to ensure we get through the qualifiers?

This summer isn't going to easy imo....Very negative outlook I know but unless we finish third (or above) it's going to be a massive ball ache.

Don't think we can exactly guarantee CL football just yet. And then what if we finish fourth? Wait until two days before the deadline to sign him to ensure we get through the qualifiers?

This summer isn't going to easy imo....Very negative outlook I know but unless we finish third (or above) it's going to be a massive ball ache.

The likelihood is we will finish third at the least - no need to panic.....

The only teams that can guarantee CL football really at this stage are the two Manchester clubs, and he would not be a guaranteed starter in either of those teams considering the options they have in his position. We are the next best bet for the CL and it really is a dogfight below us for the last CL spot. In a months time we'll either be in that dogfight or all but sure of third so potentially this deal could be pushed through as soon as the window opens.

news today that he wants to join Le Arse .... this is a total joke. Player is just trying to manipulate a move, we are def not any higher on that list than Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U or bricky..

Met a friend (he's been in direct comms with me for a few seasons, posts on DML, on twitter, worked for an agency involved with clubs/players/sponsors etc) last night at the Charlton v Spurs match. Played footie as well. He drove from Belgium for the game. He spoke to Hazards dad and confirmed that father/son are seriously considering Spurs and that we fit the criteria for the player. Nothing groundbreaking but just solid confirmation there is no flimflam at play (i.e. they are playing 'the game' to attract attention from Chelsea etc).

This is going to be more about whether Tottenham want the deal to happen.

fudgein eye tee kays waltzing on here thinkin they own the place......

As usual, won't get excited until it's on the OS. Apart from the Nelsen signing, I couldn't hold that one in \o/

^^Hazard has done this a few times already to other clubs (expressed interest before backing off like a little tease), but in this case he may also have been asked directly about Arsenal, so he's not exactly going to call them brick. It's not like he's saying that he's trying to get a deal done with them.

If not Real/Barca/the Mancs, I think we're the best place to fulfill his goals - he wants to play in England, he wants regular playing time and he wants room to grow and the chance to lead his team to trophies. At his age, I'd rather be the star in an title-challenging underdog team rather than one of the squad players for a title favorite. But who knows, maybe he's a liar and all he really wants is money and easy glory.

Yeah, that's how to fudging post ITK mofos. Suck on that playa haters.

:p

But seriously, even if we do like Hazard and he likes us back, we're going to have a major challenge on our hands with Lille. We're not exactly swimming in money here, we have a stadium to fund, and we have other team priorities that are quite desperate (like striker and manager). I'm sure DL will do his best to balance ambition and the long-term health of our club though.

Like I said, I'd love Hazard, but I'm not going moan and cry about it if we don't get him. There are other options out there, not as glamorous but perhaps better for the team.

Fact remains, even if player and club are confident at the moment, anything can happen. I change my mind three times for some like mundane like breakfast. So many variables in what players/buying clubs/selling clubs look for. Not an excuse, but a reality. But his interest is genuine.

No doubting that Sky. Just passing on what I know about the players current opinion.

Let's not all cry when Bale is sacrificed in the summer and we then have the money to sign players like Hazard + others.

Met a friend (he's been in direct comms with me for a few seasons, posts on DML, on twitter, worked for an agency involved with clubs/players/sponsors etc) last night at the Charlton v Spurs match. Played footie as well. He drove from Belgium for the game. He spoke to Hazards dad and confirmed that father/son are seriously considering Spurs and that we fit the criteria for the player. Nothing groundbreaking but just solid confirmation there is no flimflam at play (i.e. they are playing 'the game' to attract attention from Chelsea etc).

This is going to be more about whether Tottenham want the deal to happen.

Even if Hazard doesn't join Spurs (which wouldn't be the end of the world, anyway), it does signal two things:
1. Players want to play for us, especially those looking to move on from other leagues (like Modric)
2. These players want to improve their football, hopefully win something, but eventually move onto the most elite of teams (what Modric THOUGHT was a good idea... he should be thanking Levy for saving him from that blue mess)

Damn. I AM going to cry and throw brick at Levy's doorstep if Bale gets sold, unless Bale suddenly turns into the Welsh Berbatov and goes on strike and hides in Fergie's car. We have so many players we could offload first before selling a first-teamer -

Jenas
Bentley
GDS
Pienaar (good but old and can't do well without regular time)
Bassong (shame, good player but can't do well without regular time)
Nelsen (he's not really going to be here next season, right?)
Gomes :)( think it's time for him to get a fresh start elsewhere)
Charlie :)() or Naughton
Niko :)( not getting the time he should)
Saha or Defoe (like them but they're like my dad's age, and Defoe will lose his motivation after the Euros)
Gallas or Ledders :)( ... I just don't think we can afford two constantly-injured CBs unless it's pay-as-you-play).

That's 11-13 players there. We won't get much money out of them even put together, but there's plenty of wage and bonus savings, which are a much bigger deal over four years. Especially if we have CL.

We still need a young keeper and a young striker, not to mention wage bonuses if we get CL, but there's no pressing financial or contractual need to sell one of our superstars. I do want us to spend carefully and focus more on team needs rather than glamour signings, especially because I think clever scouting and managing can pick up players who will be just as good for us, but I don't think we need to weaken ourselves to be able to afford a big name. In fact I think streamlining our squad and freshening up would be good for us regardless of whether we spend big money or not.

No doubting that Sky. Just passing on what I know about the players current opinion.

Let's not all cry when Bale is sacrificed in the summer and we then have the money to sign players like Hazard + others.

I dont get it. Is bale off according to your contact?

I think he's just been brainwashed by bitter rival fans claiming we can't possibly be signing a player without selling half the team first.

Btw can anyone name any right wing/attacking right sided players that can come in if we don't get hazard?

Elia or Afellay

Both injured for the season so potential to get them on the cheap in the summer but no way of knowing that they will come back the same player.

i would get Jimmy Kebe as back up to Lennon - I love the guy SO much. He is just brilliant. Kanoute lookalike.

I would also bring in Zarate from Lazio

Then with the cash saved buy a top class striker like Cavani.

i would get Jimmy Kebe as back up to Lennon - I love the guy SO much. He is just brilliant. Kanoute lookalike.
I watched him last night vs Burnley with a Reading fan

Kebe gets into good positions and looks great... up until the final ball

It's just a bit tentative and average and vague... time and again he gets there and you think "just cut it back to that spare man" and he dollies it into the keeper's midriff

Back