• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I dont think we needed him ANYWAY. What we really need is a striker and a defender and a right/left winger - i would maybe go for Cazorla (although he has just moved to Malaga huh on stoopid wages. Or maybe Christian Eriksen - who I think will be brilliant

Last edited:
The question is whether Hazard would improve us and the answer is of course he would. If he went to Arse or Chavski then he would improve them too, so the logic is very simple for me. If we can get him, do it. He is a prodigious talent and they don't come on the market very often.

I am under no illusion that he sees Spurs, or Arsenal for that matter, as a stepping stone to Madrid or Barca. I think if we qualify for the CL and Arsenal don't then he'll come to us. He is whoring himself around but fudge it I'd do the same if I was in his position.

The question is whether Hazard would improve us and the answer is of course he would. If he went to Arse or Chavski then he would improve them too, so the logic is very simple for me. If we can get him, do it. He is a prodigious talent and they don't come on the market very often.

I am under no illusion that he sees Spurs, or Arsenal for that matter, as a stepping stone to Madrid or Barca. I think if we qualify for the CL and Arsenal don't then he'll come to us. He is whoring himself around but fudge it I'd do the same if I was in his position.

Exactly, the player is never gonna have the same romantic vision of a club that the supporters do. Ultimately they want personal glory and money. True footballing greats are remembered as individuals not the team they played for in most cases

Shock horror, he doesn't have any natural affinity with Spurs so doesn't care where he does as long as he's paid well and challenging for trophies.

If anyone thought otherwise, then you're just being naive. It shouldn't surprise anyone.

Shock horror, he doesn't have any natural affinity with Spurs so doesn't care where he does as long as he's paid well and challenging for trophies.

If anyone thought otherwise, then you're just being naive. It shouldn't surprise anyone.

this

But we should still go all out to get him within our financial model

Don't know about others but HE most certainly did think otherwise just a few days ago. Before some lotto winner cnuts probably offered him a chest full of gold

He's doing this for Lille - he obviously does respect them and wants them to get the biggest fee possible.

Look the guy is 21 and like all 21 yr olds - he doesnt know what the fudge he wants.

Don't know about others but HE most certainly did think otherwise just a few days ago. Before some lotto winner cnuts probably offered him a chest full of gold

He said we'd be an attractive proposition. That doesn't mean he wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

The people reacting negatively to his more recent comments should blame themselves for being so naive.

He said we'd be an attractive proposition. That doesn't mean he wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

The people reacting negatively to his more recent comments should blame themselves for being so naive.

He also said he was hoping the transfer would be finalised soon. Then announced few days later other clubs would be just as intereseting. If you can't see the flimflam in that then there is little to debate forward

He also said he was hoping the transfer would be finalised soon. Then announced few days later other clubs would be just as intereseting. If you can't see the flimflam in that then there is little to debate forward

Why on earth would he limit his options to just us? He's out to get the best deal he can - just like 99% of professional footballers. I thought everyone had realised this by now.

Maybe in that time the deal has been set back?

Its not like he came out and declared Tottenham were his boyhood club and has his heart set on us.

I think people project unrealistic expectations on to footballers.

Then he shouldn't make comments as the above one - i.e. personal terms agreed, clubs to finalise fee, hoping to finalise soon, etc.

That's what whoring cnuts do

Qualify for champions league and sign Adebayor, Hazard, and Samba would be an immense summer (especially if bale and luka stay put). Flog off Bentley , jenas, Gio, bassong , corluka( I like him but naughton is coming back and can cover) , Pienaar and release Gallas ( was a superb signing but with samba coming in do we need him). That would be a summer to remember.

Then he shouldn't make comments as the above one - i.e. personal terms agreed, clubs to finalise fee, hoping to finalise soon, etc.

Surely it became obvious the first quote about agreeing personal terms was a miss-translation when he quickly came out and said nothing had been agreed.

The only thing he said was he hoped it was done soon. The rest (personal terms etc...) is Journo talk and you can't blame him for that

Back