• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Got this from SC. Apparently his Dad has come out on Belgian TV saying that he has been following us this year, Hazard that is, and that we do seem like an attractive prospect. He wants to move to a club with CL and have a lot of gametime. He also stated that we are in negotiations to sign him; whether that means with Lille or with Hazard that is unclear.

Rossi22 posted the cliff notes further up the page.

Hopefully we can perform very well against Man united, Chelsea and Arsenal and it'll push him over the edge...

[video=youtube;zoG8UAdCGNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoG8UAdCGNs&feature=related[/video]

Would definitely add some flair.

After watching AFC tonight im worried that performance may have turned Hazard's head towards them again hahahahahahahaha

JJetset

As Angermanagement has stated why go public?
His agent told him too who knows? Very bizarre.
Nothing to be gained by this except get all the fans excited and all the other bigger clubs back involved even more and then the auction etc starts
Nothing has changed with us or from us.
Man utd back in the frame now... Sigh

If Man united are after Hazard, Ferguson must have been watching him for years, he wouldnt be waiting for him to say whatever on tv before he actually starts trying to buy him.

They would know they had to be quick anyway as lots of clubs would have been after him.

I dont know how much it will help with these types of players but our new state of the art training ground opens this summer, I'd like to think that the facilities would be impressive for young players looking to grow here and would really show we are a club competing more at the top end.

not sure it'd be a deal breaker but would only help give them a positive impression of the club and the direction we are hoping to go. stadium plans wouldn't hurt also

im sure there are some players that would like to get in at a club before they hit the big time as opposed to going straight to an already established top club

If Man united are after Hazard, Ferguson must have been watching him for years, he wouldnt be waiting for him to say whatever on tv before he actually starts trying to buy him.

They would know they had to be quick anyway as lots of clubs would have been after him.

Just like Bebe.

I dont know how much it will help with these types of players but our new state of the art training ground opens this summer, I'd like to think that the facilities would be impressive for young players looking to grow here and would really show we are a club competing more at the top end.

In this day and age it would be a factor. I remember Van Der Vaart making comments on how old school our facilities were at the moment

just watched his films on youtube for about 45 minutes. he's pretty good.

We'd be nasty if he were to come to us. The speed/technical ability we would have would be unreal.

.................... Saha .....................
Bale ............ Hazard ......... Lennon
........... Modric ...... Sandro ..........
Benoit .. Kaboul .. Caulker .. Walker
................... Friedel ...................

Would need to move away from a flat 442, but my goodness we would be unstoppable on the break. Not sure how good of a passer he is (seems to be a head down type player) but you'd have to think that side would be good enough for top 3 again (if not challenging for the title).

Add to that our depth in midfield/attacking options and you've got more than just a pretty good squad.

Sacr?® bleu!

Eden Hazard has said he would be keen to join Arsenal, just days after linking himself with a move to Tottenham. The Lille playmaker has also attracted the interest of PSG, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona and looks set to leave the current French Champions at the end of the season.

“Of course. It’s always more fun when it’s beautiful [the football]. In addition, at Arsenal, there is a coach and French players. And Thomas Vermaelen,” Hazard told Sport Foot Magazine.

“There are several clubs that interest me in England and Arsenal is really a part.”
And Hazard has reiterated his desire to move to the Premier League.

“That’s the championship where I think I can express myself better. Where I can learn more, too,” Hazard added.

“[It’s] difficult to explain why. [It’s a] question of feeling. The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums,

“This is still well above anything I’ve experienced so far in France and that attracts me. And I know many people in England. This is another added attraction.”

Last edited:
How is this any different to clubs tapping up players?

Going to continously stating in public you want to move to a specific league and name-dropping clubs while UNDER contract at another club. No respect for Lille. Probably cnuting agents stirring at the back, rubbing their greasy paws for oil money. He'll do the same when he's 'ready' for Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Steer clear - this is poison!

Its not like he has any connection to us whatsoever, theres no reason he shouldn't be talking about other clubs the same way he spoke about us.

Sounds like he got asked a question specifically about Arsenal with the way the quote is written. Besides, I don't care, I'd still take him. The way he begins with the words 'Of course' and then says 'In addition, at Arsenal...' make it sound like someone said something like 'Would you consider Arsenal?'

Going to continously stating in public you want to move to a specific league and name-dropping clubs while UNDER contract at another club. No respect for Lille. Probably cnuting agents stirring at the back, rubbing their greasy paws for oil money. He'll do the same when he's 'ready' for Real Madrid and Barcelona.

I'm not quite sure a player can tap himself up.. though in essence that is what he is doing.

That said i would still welcome him as a player, he just wants the best for his career and doesn't mind which English club will have him. He'll probably go to whichever one is playing the most attractive football or having the most success that wants him.

Arsenal will never pay the required fee, so there is nothing to worry about with him joining them.

If he comes, lets not pretend he's coming to be a Spurs legend and retire here. If we can get a good 4 years out of him and then sell him for a massive profit I'll be happy.

Look at the Ronaldo situation, engineered himself a move to Madrid through the media but was still brilliant for United. I wouldn't mind massively if a similar situation happened with us and Hazard, simply because he'd have to be excellent for us to get a move to Spain

This is a carefully orchestrated move - not an innocent interview on some flimflam TV channel

Nothing more than a bidding war - alerting clubs and agents of his avialability, desire and preference.

Imagine Bale came out and said he's 'ready' for Messi's through balls. Then 2 days later expressed his admiration for the Bernabeu's atmosphere. Or Bayern's top class stadium facility and fans?

Back