• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I keep being reminded that Hazard is level headed and is all about the football and progressing his career in the right way. He'll move the club he feels can offer him this.

Rather than the club who offer him the most amount of money.

Yeah, Mansour (unless I'm missing something ;)) must have told him that they would have to cut down on transfers to make sure that they were fine for the FFP.

Yeah Mansour, eh, they're pretty much the same person right? :p

Back up left back? Rose leave on loan? Yes how about we don't loan him out and......... No back up lb needed?
Oh and as for not needing a cb and relying on an injury proneness cb as one of the four? No thank you. Dawson and Kaboul as a partnership don't work either so 1 cb is needed. No lb as bae and rose are fine and no rb as walker and naughton ( sadly I think Charlie is off) are fine. Hell naughton is good at lb too.

I said get in a centre back that can also cover left back. So yes that would be an additional centre back.

And why not send rose on loan? He has a pathetic amount of first team experience compared to Caulker and Naughton. The games would probably do him the world of good. All he currently gets at the club is the carling cup games against lower opponents and the occasional game where bae is out. A loan would be a good chance for him to actually show people what he was able to do, i'm sure if he's good enough there would be 2-3 Premiership teams wanting to have him for next season.

Last edited:
Posted in the Metro:

Eden Hazard talks up Tottenham move but encourages Barcelona or Real bid - Eden Hazard has encouraged Real Madrid and Barcelona to act quickly if they want to stop him making a shock switch to Tottenham.

The Lille forward is one of the most sought after players in Europe, but reports from France on Monday night claimed Spurs had agreed a deal with the Belgian star to join the club in July. Hazard previously eluded that he will play in the Premier League next season, and although many suspected Arsenal or Chelsea would be his likely destination, the 21-year-old fuelled speculation that White Hart Lane could be his new home – unless either Barca or Madrid make their move.

When asked about his next club, he said: ‘Maybe it will be Tottenham. It is a great English club. I said that I would go to England and there is very good players (at Spurs). ‘I have not yet signed. This is going to happen soon.

‘Spain is perhaps more my style of game but (if I move there) it must be to either Barcelona or Real Madrid.’

Hazard made his Lille debut as a 16-year-old and has gone on to become one of the French club's most important players, who they value at around ?ú35million. Last season he became the youngest player to win the Ligue 1 player of the year award after helping Lille complete a domestic double.

As other posters have said, lets wait until he puts pen to paper first. This will not have been the first time that a player has "bigged us up", whilst trying to broker a deal for another club?

They're just the same quotes minus the reason that he doesn't think Barca and Real are the best move for him at this time, nothing to see here move along....

The Metro : Fairly new paper, same tossy journo's.

Why is it a 'shock' to move to Tottenham ?

it has made supposed bigger teams looks rather stupid, and made us look like smooth talkin badasses. not a shock to us, but to metro readers, hardly a sophisticated, serious bunch of bleary eyed commuters, it will no doubt have raised an early train-boner

If we have caught Barca and Real napping, that will send signals

Posted in the Metro:

Eden Hazard talks up Tottenham move but encourages Barcelona or Real bid - Eden Hazard has encouraged Real Madrid and Barcelona to act quickly if they want to stop him making a shock switch to Tottenham.

The Lille forward is one of the most sought after players in Europe, but reports from France on Monday night claimed Spurs had agreed a deal with the Belgian star to join the club in July. Hazard previously eluded that he will play in the Premier League next season, and although many suspected Arsenal or Chelsea would be his likely destination, the 21-year-old fuelled speculation that White Hart Lane could be his new home – unless either Barca or Madrid make their move.

When asked about his next club, he said: ‘Maybe it will be Tottenham. It is a great English club. I said that I would go to England and there is very good players (at Spurs). ‘I have not yet signed. This is going to happen soon.

‘Spain is perhaps more my style of game but (if I move there) it must be to either Barcelona or Real Madrid.’

Hazard made his Lille debut as a 16-year-old and has gone on to become one of the French club's most important players, who they value at around ?ú35million. Last season he became the youngest player to win the Ligue 1 player of the year award after helping Lille complete a domestic double.

As other posters have said, lets wait until he puts pen to paper first. This will not have been the first time that a player has "bigged us up", whilst trying to broker a deal for another club?

Jeez, journalism.

it's alluded.

elude is what Modric does to tackles.

He never said he wanted Real or Barca to make a move for him, he said that you stand very little chance of winning in Spain unless you are Real or Barca. How can they be allowed to just make brick up and attribute it to him?

but its strange that no deal was confirmed, unlike the other deal for the young brazilian CB, Uvini

I don't think 4 or 5 top clubs were competeing for Uvini, whose transfer fee will ultimately be 1/10 that of Eden Hazard's. On top of that, Uvini is a loan with option to buy, whereas Hazard doesn't need to make any decisions until near the end of the season.

it has made supposed bigger teams looks rather stupid, and made us look like smooth talkin badasses. not a shock to us, but to metro readers, hardly a sophisticated, serious bunch of bleary eyed commuters, it will no doubt have raised an early train-boner
If we have caught Barca and Real napping, that will send signals

lol, I liked that.

The fact that he says a deal will 'happen soon' makes me think he is definitely in the pipeline.

A modric-esque signing which we have kept very, very quiet.

From his Dad.

Pretty much inconsequential until we hear official word but off the back of Eden Hazard citing Tottenham, his dad (in a follow up interview on Belgian tv) has stated the following about his in-demand wonder-kid son:

- Eden wants a move to an English club (no shocker, we know this)

- The English club has to offer him room to grow in combination with Champions League football + attacking style of play (I think we can be confident of appeasing him on both accounts)

- There is 'very serious interest' from Spurs

- Eden has stated he likes Spurs (having initially felt we were some way short of his expectations of a prospective club last season)

- He's been following us closely and our ambition combined with our playing style is right up his street

- Negotiations are in progress, but nothing has been signed

This is not ITK. This was an interview, so make of it what you will (hold back getting his name on your shirt) but it appears to be fairly encouraging. More so when I'm told Eden is not your textbook mercenary who is after the best wage so no reason why his dad would be attempting to engineer a transfer war for his sons signature.

The boy is only 20, so im sure he has a great career ahead of him. All im saying is we cant expect him to start in big games yet. But maybe he could be a good back up.
Why not though? We can't have him as a loanee forever, he seems too good for that. I think we'd better start playing him sooner rather than later if we want to keep him.

I'll admit to not following his career too much, but by the posters on here he sounds like a real good prospect. Why not let him play alongside King, learn from him and maybe become our leader in defence for years to come? If I remember correctly, which happens more and more seldom, King himself benefitted greatly from the short time he played alongside Naybet. Perhaps he wouldn't be the player he is (or could have been, health aside) if he didn't learn from that kind of experience. Dawson and Kaboul have shown (at least to me) that they are much better being directed than direct themselves (by that I mean organization and assign zones of marking, unless we man mark which would be nigh on impossible with King of 2012), but both are very solid defenders in a working setup. Perhaps Caulker could show signs of being that organizer, I'd rather give him a try first (albeit not against Arsenal or Man Utd) than pay over the odds for a proven but expensive central defender.

And I also believe it's easier to spot a good defender than say, a striker. There are so many coincidences, trickeries, perfect hits and variables who have to come off for a striker to gain good stats, and then again stats alone say very little about a player. A defender on the other hand, show more what they're made of by taking positions, calmness, strength in the air and other parameters who aren't as prone to coincidence or the opposition they're facing. You won't lose your ability to lead a line or cover an area overnight, unlike say your ability to hit a decent free kick which apparently can vanish in an instant. This is my take on it at least.

I understand the caution, but to put it another way, would we play Swansea's best defender and hottest prospect if we bought him in the summer?

Last edited:
Got this from SC. Apparently his Dad has come out on Belgian TV saying that he has been following us this year, Hazard that is, and that we do seem like an attractive prospect. He wants to move to a club with CL and have a lot of gametime. He also stated that we are in negotiations to sign him; whether that means with Lille or with Hazard that is unclear.

Back