• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I agree but maybe thats also why these teams havent done so well in the Champions league? Didnt United concede 3 at home to basle and Benfica?

Have you seen Man united's defensive injury list at times this season? it is unreal.

Though Arsenal and Chelsea have done fine with only 2/3 top centre backs.

Not sure what i can say about city... they bottled it really..

Note- I'm only just realising this but we should probably be in a different thread by now, i think we've gone off topic. :p

Last edited:
Have you seen Man united's defensive injury list at times this season? it is unreal.

Though Arsenal and Chelsea have done fine with only 2/3 top centre backs.

Note- I'm only just realising this but we should probably be in a different thread by now, i think we've gone off topic. :p

Yep lets go back to the topic :D

Radio Monte Carlo, are stating that 3 clubs have offered Hazard a contract. Us, City and .. Arsenal. Thats coming from someone close to the player.

Radio Monte Carlo, are stating that 3 clubs have offered Hazard a contract. Us, City and .. Arsenal. Thats coming from someone close to the player.

I don't think any of them have stated that a deal has been agreed with the club though. That's the point at which i can see Arsenal falling away.

If he sticks to his principles and wants to play football instead of bench warming then hopefully he will sign for us. We can only hope.

I don't think any of them have stated that a deal has been agreed with the club though. That's the point at which i can see Arsenal falling away.

If he sticks to his principles and wants to play football instead of bench warming then hopefully he will sign for us. We can only hope.

Well, i suppose he could also get a game with Arsenal :D but he'd probably be worried that he is the only who can play football. And his mate Gervinho is there.

Well, i suppose he could also get a game with Arsenal :D but he'd probably be worried that he is the only who can play football. And his mate Gervinho is there.

Think he wants champions league football. Which Arsenal aren't in a great position to give him at the present time (next season).

Though if he was really bothered about champions league football why would he even be looking at contracts now? It's not like he can actually come over before the end of the season, so he may as well wait to see how the premier league pans out..

Think he wants champions league football. Which Arsenal aren't in a great position to give him at the present time (next season).

Though if he was really bothered about champions league football why would he even be looking at contracts now? It's not like he can actually come over before the end of the season, so he may as well wait to see how the premier league pans out..

Doing business now means that Lille have enough time to look for a replacement. They know he is leaving or want to leave and have accepted it knowing they will get big bucks at whatever point in the transfer window they sell. However the earlier they do it the earlier they can get a replacement in. Clubs are less likely to sell players at the end of the window when their is not enough time to get a replacement in, obviously this affects the transfer merry go round.

I'd assume that's what his agent wants him to do. Should we finish third, then we could probably offer him good wages and he may be willing to take a small pay cut (on other potential deals) in order to play Champions League football for a side that are aspiring to become league champions. While playing good football.

Should we finish fourth then that is no guarantee that we'll be competing in the Champions League, so he may well consider other offers and sign elsewhere.

His agent doesn't care one bit what Hazard wants or needs, he just want to make as much money as possible. We can just hope young Eden gets some say in this.

His agent doesn't care one bit what Hazard wants or needs, he just want to make as much money as possible. We can just hope young Eden gets some say in this.
But his agent will want to wait and see how the Premier League finishes - as if Spurs do finish fourth (let's hope not), then he'll have a chance of getting more money elsewhere.

As I said I think gallas will not be here and I also think bassong won't be either.

Which leave us with Four Centre backs.

King, Dawson, Kaboul and Caulker.

Which is pretty much the same number of centre backs as Emirates Marketing Project, chelsea and arsenal. Although Man united do seem to have a much larger number of them...

Although some of their full backs are able to cover, so what we really want is a left back who can also cover centre back.

Last edited:
Which leave us with Four Centre backs.

King, Dawson, Kaboul and Caulker.

Which is pretty much the same number of centre backs as Emirates Marketing Project, chelsea and arsenal. Although Man united do seem to have a much larger number of them...

Spursalot - thats fine if King was fit but he isnt - although he has played a number of games its still a bit of a risk - especially if we are to play CL football.

Spursalot - thats fine if King was fit but he isnt - although he has played a number of games its still a bit of a risk - especially if we are to play CL football.

Yeah it is tricky, though combining the need for a left back backup and a fourth/fifth centre back we would hopefully be able to find someone who could cover both of them.

Which would probably work slightly better as he might get some match fitness rotating with bae, so if he has to cover for other players being our he should be prepared..

Which also allows rose to leave on a season long loan. I'm not sure why i keep pushing the season long loan for rose, it just seems to be one of my buttons.

If this is true, isn't anybody worried that City will blow us out of the water? I know that he has said that his priority is game-time but, at the end of the day, money talks.

If this is true, isn't anybody worried that City will blow us out of the water? I know that he has said that his priority is game-time but, at the end of the day, money talks.

I'm hopeful about the first team football in addition to the fact that Emirates Marketing Project are 'trying' to meet with FFP. In order to finance a move they would probably need to sell to stay in line with it.

But yeah, City could take him if they wanted, if he was willing to part with first team football...

I'm hopeful about the first team football in addition to the fact that Emirates Marketing Project are 'trying' to meet with FFP. In order to finance a move they would probably need to sell to stay in line with it.

But yeah, City could take him if they wanted, if he was willing to part with first team football...

I forgot about the FFP. That's a spanner in the works for them.

I forgot about the FFP. That's a spanner in the works for them.

Hopefully, but i'm just basing that upon the fact that Mancini was whinging about not having enough funds to buy players in the january window, and he wasn't handed a blank cheque by abramovich.....

Hopefully, but i'm just basing that upon the fact that Mancini was whinging about not having enough funds to buy players in the january window, and he wasn't handed a blank cheque by abramovich.....

Yeah, Mansour (unless I'm missing something ;)) must have told him that they would have to cut down on transfers to make sure that they were fine for the FFP.

Yeah it is tricky, though combining the need for a left back backup and a fourth/fifth centre back we would hopefully be able to find someone who could cover both of them.

Which would probably work slightly better as he might get some match fitness rotating with bae, so if he has to cover for other players being our he should be prepared..

Which also allows rose to leave on a season long loan. I'm not sure why i keep pushing the season long loan for rose, it just seems to be one of my buttons.
Back up left back? Rose leave on loan? Yes how about we don't loan him out and......... No back up lb needed?
Oh and as for not needing a cb and relying on an injury proneness cb as one of the four? No thank you. Dawson and Kaboul as a partnership don't work either so 1 cb is needed. No lb as bae and rose are fine and no rb as walker and naughton ( sadly I think Charlie is off) are fine. Hell naughton is good at lb too.

Back