• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

King, Kaboul , Dawson , and caulker is NOT enough for next season. King's fitness can not be trusted and the Kaboul Dawson partnership doesn't work IMO.

King, Kaboul , Dawson , and caulker is NOT enough for next season. King's fitness can not be trusted and the Kaboul Dawson partnership doesn't work IMO.

You left out Gallas.

King, Kaboul, Dawson, Gallas and Caulker.

If King is managed properly that should be enough.

Well if he's as good as some of you say, I'll be very happy!

How about this way of looking at it... when we bought Klinsmann out of the blue he was a top, top drawer world star striker and was always going to score hatfuls

I don't have that feeling about this guy... I just don't know him enough to be excited, and think we have a limited budget overall to spend so much on one kid

Thanks Punk, that's good to hear

But that does echo my own worry - is he another of those underlined above, or is he the next big star? I don't know, but I've seen so many false dawns I am concerned. OK I'd be happy if he was Riquelme or Saviola, but do you remember Bruno Cheyrou at liverpool with Florent Sinama Pongolle? Dear me.

Pongolle and Le Tallec, the cousins and Cheyrou were signed together apparently. They all have failed to show their promise. However Hazard will at least, I guarantee you, at least hit Nasri at Arsenal levels of ability at best he could become our Pires. You have my word, and my apologies for the scum analogies. Him and Bale hitting 15 goals next season each would be a realistic target for both should Hazard sign. ?ú25 mil would be very shrewd business and I wouldn't turn my nose up at the release fee of ?ú33mil too. I reckon he would adapt to our league

is football manager live any good ?

hows it work ?
It WAS brilliant but sadly it's not about anymore. You basically create a team, team name, stadium name , you choose what type of manager you are ( example tactical manager, or good with finances , there were around 5 more options). This allows you to be stronger at that specific skill you chose but you can also learn hundreds of other skills ( ie skills that make you construct stadium faster, skills that improve your defensive coaching etc etc). You then randomly get assigned a team who are usually rather brick. You basically pray that you have a standout youth player with high potential that you can flog for big bucks in the future to make your team stronger. There was around 10 game worlds with around 200 or so managers. I mean the game was so so in depth I can't possibly explain everything but it was awesome.

Pongolle and Le Tallec, the cousins and Cheyrou were signed together apparently. They all have failed to show their promise. However Hazard will at least, I guarantee you, at least hit Nasri at Arsenal levels of ability at best he could become our Pires. You have my word, and my apologies for the scum analogies. Him and Bale hitting 15 goals next season each would be a realistic target for both should Hazard sign. ?ú25 mil would be very shrewd business and I wouldn't turn my nose up at the release fee of ?ú33mil too. I reckon he would adapt to our league

Sounds good, cheers for that. I'll blame you if he just dribbles into blind alleys and dives :D

You left out Gallas.

King, Kaboul, Dawson, Gallas and Caulker.

If King is managed properly that should be enough.

Out of these four, Kaboul is the only sure option.

Gallas will be too old, i have doubts over dawson, King cant play all the time, and we dont know how good Caulker is.

If we are to compete we need two top class defenders competing with kaboul and king.

Sell gallas, send Caulker on loan, he is ever so young for a central defender, his time will come later if hes good enough.

Gallas will be too old, i have doubts over dawson, King cant play all the time, and we dont know how good Caulker is.

If we are to compete we need two top class defenders competing with kaboul and king.

Sell gallas, send Caulker on loan, he is ever so young for a central defender, his time will come later if hes good enough.
You haven't been watching Swansea then? Caulker has been brilliant for them. How many superstars can you have in one position? Kaboul, King, Caulker, Dawson and possibly Vertonghen is an embarrassment of riches without even taking Dawson and Gallas into account.

Gallas/King together would probably count as one defender, Kaboul is class, Dawson is alright and Caulker has been getting rave reviews wherever he has been.

He's already good enough, his time at swansea has shown that, and the best thing for him would probably be to train next to and play next to Gallas and King. The wealth of knowledge they could provide him would be immeasurable.

You haven't been watching Swansea then? Caulker has been brilliant for them. How many superstars can you have in one position? Kaboul, King, Caulker, Dawson and possibly Vertonghen is an embarrassment of riches without even taking Dawson and Gallas into account.

Caulker has been good but are we talking about competing for the champions league and the league title here or trying to get a clean sheet vs Wolves?

He is still young and only starting. He is playing in a good team without too much pressure.

I think its better having four top class Center backs than 7 who can do a job. We need stability at the back, partnerships.

Gallas/King together would probably count as one defender, Kaboul is class, Dawson is alright and Caulker has been getting rave reviews wherever he has been.

He's already good enough, his time at swansea has shown that, and the best thing for him would probably be to train next to and play next to Gallas and King. The wealth of knowledge they could provide him would be immeasurable.

The boy is only 20, so im sure he has a great career ahead of him. All im saying is we cant expect him to start in big games yet. But maybe he could be a good back up.

King, Kaboul-vertongen-dawson-caulker. OK maybe we only need one new defender.

Adil Rami from Valencia is a beast, but he could be off to barca.

Caulker has been good but are we talking about competing for the champions league and the league title here or trying to get a clean sheet vs Wolves?

He is still young and only starting. He is playing in a good team without too much pressure.

I think its better having four top class Center backs than 7 who can do a job. We need stability at the back, partnerships.

Can you name me a team in the premier league with four top class centre backs?

Man United - Ferdinand/Vidic
Emirates Marketing Project - Lescott/Kompany
Chelsea - Terry/Luis (maybe cahill over luis, luis can be a liability)
Arsenal - Vermaelen/Mertesacker

None of them have four Top quality centre backs, they back them up with average/potential players, which is exactly what we would be doing with caulker.

We have King, Gallas, Dawson, Kaboul, Bassong and Caulker all under contract next season

Can you name me a team in the premier league with four top class centre backs?

Man United - Ferdinand/Vidic
Emirates Marketing Project - Lescott/Kompany
Chelsea - Terry/Luis (maybe cahill over luis, luis can be a liability)
Arsenal - Vermaelen/Mertesacker

None of them have four Top quality centre backs, they back them up with average/potential players, which is exactly what we would be doing with caulker.

I agree but maybe thats also why these teams havent done so well in the Champions league? Didnt United concede 3 at home to basle and Benfica without Ferdinand?

Radio Monte Carlo, are stating that 3 clubs have offered Hazard a contract. Us, City and .. Arsenal. Thats coming from someone close to the player.

Have you actually seen the way both he and Swansea play football?

With the quality of Kaboul or King next to him, yes, he will be good enough to play for us next season.

Back