• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

i got ridiculed for suggesting this situation just a few weeks back. how come everyone suddenly sees the logic. price quoted is 40 million , and we would be getting a wing play maker rather than a striker first

whats the difference?

price quoted is 40 mill but Spurs will not pay anywhere near that

why were you ridiculed, because other people couldnt understand spending a large amount on Hazard rather than spending it on a striker first?

tbh if we sign Ade for around the rumoured already agreed price of 15 mill, that will give us more money to play with in negotiations for Hazard. However like i said if he really wants to come to us and the clubs are already talking, then we wont have to pay exactly what Lille are rumoured to want. Hazard's insistence on joining us would greatly work in our favour

Does anyone fear this could indicate Modric's departure (also from a purely financing the transfer point of view)?

i cant see many teams wanting to pay the 40 mill + it will take to sign him.

He is on a long contract, Levy is stubborn as fcuk. The signing of Hazard is to add to the likes of Modric and Bale imv

Personally I would be happy with our set of strikers being adebayor, Defoe, Saha and an up and coming youth prospect for next season. If we can upgrade, great, but as we have seen there is a dearth of available top class strikers who will come to us. How long have we been trying to sign one? At least three windows. I think with our mproved midfield options (and bearing in mind that both VDV and Hazard can play the no.10 role, plus wi Bale almost being an out and out striker these days we would still score a brick load of goals.

this was my point exactly. you dont necessarily need a super striker....but what you do need is to make sure you're relevant for as long as possibly which is why you have to keep getting the next prodigy whenever you can...especially if its a young one

if hazard was available there is no way we wouldnt try and get him irrespective of our other needs in the team , and that 30 million plus figure is well and truly possible if the player agrees.

i still dont know why people are thinking that 442 wouldnt be there to be played.....why not? no one ever heard of a wonky? Emirates Marketing Project are using that wonky pretty well, we use it pretty damn well too. move lennon aside and play two up front ( i'll bt you VDV STILL wont play in the final third despite having 2 players in modric and hazard that can help him with his job and get him the ball in the final third. what i would give to have a wayne rooney esq type player behind the front man)

Win-win situation - now he said we are in the bracket of top clubs.

If Levy can't agree fee, wage or both, we'll once again have proven not to be push-overs to agents.

If he can, we'll get an excellent player for a fee which matches our budgets.

how much you think he is worth?

i would say not more than what they got for Sow, especially since i think we need a top class striker more than another winger/attacking midfielder

He's worth at least double what they got for Sow, imv

Average at best who was on good run of form so they cashed in

From my cold, dead, Spurs-tinted glasses!

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2012/02/13/192150_hazard-a-choisi-tottenham.html

Wishing to join the Premier League end of season, Mickey Hazard has set his sights on Tottenham. Reportedly, the ex-England international has 21 years of experience in football, and has agreed with the London club, which meets their aspirations, since it probably will lose its' manager Redknapp in the Summer, and Harry wanted to trump his recent acquisition of Ryan Nelsen with a player even OLDER!

As he wished to have game time and not be drowned in misty-eyed nostalgia the 1980's prodigy Spurs discovery chose to come out of retirement to Spurs rather than lord it up in the West Stand exec suites like Gary Mabbutt and Martin Chivers still do... both too chicken brick to put on a pair of boots again! It remains now to the two clubs to agree on the amount of the transaction.

If the player has, since his last contract extension in 1987, a release clause at 40 quid, the transfer will most likely be the subject of intense negotiations. With Spurs agreeing to place Mr Hazard's black London Taxi Cab in safe storage for the duration of his contract. But until everything is officially settled, other clubs may therefore try to reverse the trend. In the image of ESPN, who wanted him as a pundit for their Football League 2 show, were with Tottenham the club most insistent in recent days ... (Photo-Press Sports)

I think people need to relax a little and wait. Despite the quote it would be wise not to get too carried away.

A player is only worth what anyone is willing to pay for them and as good as he is I can not even see Real, Barca or Emirates Marketing Project paying that for someone that plies their trade in France. Also its a case of "who needs him", if you look at the big 3/4 in Europe who could afford 40mil not many need another flair player to sit on the bench.

For Spurs however I think it is a realistic 20m shot with fee rising depending on success (we all know Levy loves a deal). Since our first venture in the Champions League we have probably culled more squad and money than spent and if we reach the Champions League next season, as we should, there will be suffiecient funds to add the two or three players of class that we need to challenge for the title year after year.

this was my point exactly. you dont necessarily need a super striker....but what you do need is to make sure you're relevant for as long as possibly which is why you have to keep getting the next prodigy whenever you can...especially if its a young one

if hazard was available there is no way we wouldnt try and get him irrespective of our other needs in the team , and that 30 million plus figure is well and truly possible if the player agrees.

i still dont know why people are thinking that 442 wouldnt be there to be played.....why not? no one ever heard of a wonky? Emirates Marketing Project are using that wonky pretty well, we use it pretty damn well too. move lennon aside and play two up front ( i'll bt you VDV STILL wont play in the final third despite having 2 players in modric and hazard that can help him with his job and get him the ball in the final third. what i would give to have a wayne rooney esq type player behind the front man)

what about Ade doing that job in behind a Rossi or Llorente, who are different strikers with different strengths, but ultimately both are goalscorers. Ade has the ability to play off either, as we saw on Sat with how he enjoyed the link up with Saha.

price quoted is 40 mill but Spurs will not pay anywhere near that

why were you ridiculed, because other people couldnt understand spending a large amount on Hazard rather than spending it on a striker first?

tbh if we sign Ade for around the rumoured already agreed price of 15 mill, that will give us more money to play with in negotiations for Hazard. However like i said if he really wants to come to us and the clubs are already talking, then we wont have to pay exactly what Lille are rumoured to want. Hazard's insistence on joining us would greatly work in our favour

40 million euros , isnt that slightly less that 40 million pounds? (i dont know the exchange rate today)......but even if it was 40 million pounds i think we would pay it. its a case of financing and seeing players as assets..technically we will not lose the money.

yes actually i was pretty much told i was being silly about a rumour like that and even worse i wasnt talking about the rumour when people were accusing me of being silly to be believe the rumour...i as actually talking about the scenario was VERY believable and do-able. and it is. people putting all sorts of ideas round as to why something like that is flimflam , and get this LOL, people were saying why it was a bad idea. yep...i dont see a single one of them saying that now which is kind of irritating i have to say.....actually it isnt irritating as opposed to its annoyingly obvious LOL

you know what, YOU were one of them.......how could you? i thought we were family?!!!

I think people need to relax a little and wait. Despite the quote it would be wise not to get too carried away.

Boo

You know he'll go to City and we'll end up Joe Cole on a 3-month emergency loan now that he's matured enough to be considered experienced by Arry.

what about Ade doing that job in behind a Rossi or Llorente, who are different strikers with different strengths, but ultimately both are goalscorers. Ade has the ability to play off either, as we saw on Sat with how he enjoyed the link up with Saha.

not that kind of link man, a proper link man than actually links and acts as playmaker while having the common sense to get in the final third alot so as to not isolate the front man.

ade is not really a linkup player as he is a hold up one that brings trailers into a game...he doesnt push the players ahead of the ball into attacking movement and positions.

i dont see why we dont just play ade with another striker and then just play hazard as a wide playmaker. whats the big deal?

haha my african brother, i was the one questioning whether he would succeed over here considering the fact that Gervinho has come over and struggled and he was a massive success in the all conquering Lille team of the last 2 seasons

The Fench league is not as strong now as in previous seasons.

Boo

You know he'll go to City and we'll end up Joe Cole on a 3-month emergency loan now that he's matured enough to be considered experienced by Arry.

I'm certainly not going to be torturing myself by watching youtube compilations of him until it's official.

All this has confirmed is that right now is that we would be an attractive proposition for him.

Last edited:

i dont actually think this will happen. but i feel a sense of vindication that hazard himself has shown that a deal like was being called unlikely and a stupid move by spurs supporters literally a few weeks back is very possible.

all this will do will bring chelsea and united out and swear blind that he will take one of the wing positions in their team

i have never been to the city of manchster...whats it like? does it compare to london? you see london being a capital city is one thing that swings in our favour.....but then there is of course chelsea too.

not that kind of link man, a proper link man than actually links and acts as playmaker while having the common sense to get in the final third alot so as to not isolate the front man.

ade is not really a linkup player as he is a hold up one that brings trailers into a game...he doesnt push the players ahead of the ball into attacking movement and positions.

i dont see why we dont just play ade with another striker and then just play hazard as a wide playmaker. whats the big deal?

ok, i see what you mean

about the final sentence, there is no big deal with that suggestion. However Hazard can be the wide playmaker, but with blistering pace. Tasty!!

i dont actually think this will happen. but i feel a sense of vindication that hazard himself has shown that a deal like was being called unlikely and a stupid move by spurs supporters literally a few weeks back is very possible.

all this will do will bring chelsea and united out and swear blind that he will take one of the wing positions in their team

i have never been to the city of manchster...whats it like? does it compare to london? you see london being a capital city is one thing that swings in our favour.....but then there is of course chelsea too.

I think us being a London club is a relatively small draw, compared to wages.

Emirates Marketing Project could also be a problem with Nasri not exactly setting the world alight since his move.

I think us being a London club is a relatively small draw, compared to wages.

Emirates Marketing Project could also be a problem with Nasri not exactly setting the world alight since his move.

if the kid is talking about playing time then Emirates Marketing Project would drop , but your right..money is the great leveller in these things and they could offer a ridiculous amount for him to 'compete' for his place.

but also i think his exposure in our team would be better for his image and marketability for future gains (from a hazard perspective).

combine all these things and any other relevant factor and i think we are in with a shout..but sadly the wage funds wont have it

Back