• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Robbo - I think even if the lotto winner cnuts bring a bucket-load of pessos - he seems to be keen on regular football and steady development. Hence his Barcelona, Real Madrid comments. Not City nor Chelsea can guarantee him that. Utd have 3 top wingers fighting for 2 spots at best. Arsenal couldn't afford that nor do they have the space for him in their young-guns-cnuts team

The boy wants to grow and learn as a player from the likes of van der Vaart, Modric, Ade, Bale, etc. - not some cloggers and human cloning experiments up north

He's ours, haters.

I'll take your optimism! :)

And really, who wouldn't choose up in front of Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool right now - we certainly are the most exciting prospects, with a lot of young, developing talents, plus we play attractive football. We also look fairly certain (knock on wood) to offer CL football next year.

I don't know much about the lad, but if he is regarded as one of the top prospects in Europe, it can be a big statement.

Being a Spurs fan, Im familiar with disappointment, so until its official I won't allow myself to get carried away!

Hazard is making all the right sorts of noises but let's not forget how much people started jizzing here a few years ago when Levy was said to be in Lisbon talking to... Nani!

Win-win situation - now he said we are in the bracket of top clubs.

If Levy can't agree fee, wage or both, we'll once again have proven not to be push-overs to agents.

If he can, we'll get an excellent player for a fee which matches our budgets.

arent we seriously chasing his Belgian buddy Vertonghen from Ajax as well?

Levy has a plan

Very exciting if its true. He has the potential to be a top player apparently. I expect this Sky article has already been posted (not going to read through 18 pages!)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7520513/Hazard-Spurs-deal-not-done-yet

Says it is not a done deal but he is interested:
Hazard also dropped a huge hint Spurs had won the race for his signature, as he added: "The transfer is still pending. I have not signed anything yet, but I hope it will happen in the near future."

If true then it's a statement of intent which can only be a good thing - just like it was when we refused to let Modric leave. I have no idea on the player but everything I've read has been positive and he does seem to potentially be the real-deal. I imagine players like Bale (who is getting a lot of positive press internationally) are also selling points - of course you'd want to join a team that has players like this!

My main concern is if Arry leaves - how will that affect current players and potential targets? Of course, if you can counteract this with someone like Mourinho, then it might not make much difference.

Get ECL footie, overtake the other London clubs, keep your top players, bring in a Hazard (no not Mickey) and then you can grow even further. Bring in a top striker!

Last edited:
Sky sports:

Hazard also dropped a huge hint Spurs had won the race for his signature, as he added: "The transfer is still pending. I have not signed anything yet, but I hope it will happen in the near future."

Finally they publish the beautiful quote.

Sky sports:

Finally they publish the beautiful quote.

Most telling piece, imv - we're definitely talking to him then

i'd hazard a guess and say this thread will hit 100 pages and marky will hit 10,000 posts before it happens...

Hazard is making all the right sorts of noises but let's not forget how much people started jizzing here a few years ago when Levy was said to be in Lisbon talking to... Nani!

...which was very true! We did have the jump on Nani, but the second SAF got wind of it, he sent in his 'A' team to bomb us out at the 11th hour!

im glad we don't have nani.. don't rate him at all. bloody michael jackson look-a-like inconsistent freak.

Dont forget I am pretty sure Joe Cole has also had a word or three with him about Harry Redknapp and Spurs in general and maybe even London in general.

i got ridiculed for suggesting this situation just a few weeks back. how come everyone suddenly sees the logic. price quoted is 40 million , and we would be getting a wing play maker rather than a striker first

whats the difference?

i got ridiculed for suggesting this situation just a few weeks back. how come everyone suddenly sees the logic. price quoted is 40 million , and we would be getting a wing play maker rather than a striker first

whats the difference?

Personally I would be happy with our set of strikers being adebayor, Defoe, Saha and an up and coming youth prospect for next season. If we can upgrade, great, but as we have seen there is a dearth of available top class strikers who will come to us. How long have we been trying to sign one? At least three windows. I think with our mproved midfield options (and bearing in mind that both VDV and Hazard can play the no.10 role, plus wi Bale almost being an out and out striker these days we would still score a brick load of goals.

Last edited:
Back