• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I've got one you can have! :D

Can't help thinking we're jumping the gun with Hazard here though.... Seems to me that he is just suggesting that he COULD join Spurs and then when he says he hopes it's done soon he just means his transfer to an English club, not specifically Spurs. Only 2 or 3 years ago however we wouldn't even be in consideration for a player such as Hazard... Shows how far Redknapp has brought us.

If we manage to Get 3rd this season i would place us as possible favourites amongst the london clubs to sign him. After all we will definitely have champions league football next year, whereas whoever finishes behind us would still have to go through the qualifier. if said team performs how they have this season (Liverpool, Arsenal and chelsea included) they may even struggle to win that...

Arsenal, I think we can rule out of the running. Lille's board likely still hate Wenger for stealing Park Chu-Young from under their noses, so I'd imagine they'd push up the price for Arsenal, and them alone. Wenger won't pay it, so I don't think Arse is an option for Hazard. That leaves us, City, Chelsea and United. City and Chelsea are at risk of failing to meet FFP requirements, so I doubt they'd spend yet more money on a player they don't really need. (after all, with Mata, De Bruyne, Sturridge et al at Chelsea, they don't have a ready-made spot for Hazard. Same for City, with Silva, Aguero, Nasri et al.) so that leaves us and United. United already have enough wingers. So that leaves us. By process of elimination, we're the only candidates for his signature.

Ah, extrapolation, good times. ;)

I'm a bit confused here, having read the article on france football and seen the interview(s) on rtbf I still can't see or hear a direct quote where he states he's chosen Spurs. On the direct question he answers "maybe" and later on in an interview talking about where his style of football would fit in the most he is asked (about the Spurs-rumour) "is it a rumour or what?" and here is what he answers:

"Yes it is a rumour. Of course it is a club that interests me, because like you said there are great players and a great manager (I think). ...so, that's how it is, but after... I still haven't signed anything and ... that will hopefully happen soon, I hope. At the moment I am fully concentrated on Lille and there is nothing else on my mind."

That's it.

Is it just me or is that just what footballers always answers when directly confronted with stories like this?

*Btw I have lived several years in France and Belgium and although it's been a few years I'd say my french is pretty much fluent.

I'm a bit confused here, having read the article on france football and seen the interview(s) on rtbf I still can't see or hear a direct quote where he states he's chosen Spurs. On the direct question he answers "maybe" and later on in an interview talking about where his style of football would fit in the most he is asked (about the Spurs-rumour) "is it a rumour or what?" and here is what he answers:

"Yes it is a rumour. Of course it is a club that interests me, because like you said there are great players and a great manager (I think). ...so, that's how it is, but after... I still haven't signed anything and ... that will hopefully happen soon, I hope. At the moment I am fully concentrated on Lille and there is nothing else on my mind."

That's it.

Is it just me or is that just what footballers always answers when directly confronted with stories like this?

*Btw I have lived several years in France and Belgium and although it's been a few years I'd say my french is pretty much fluent.

We're all in a frenzy based on a translation by someone on here (charlie-yid, I think?), a story about there seeming to be an agreement between him and Spurs, broken by Phillip Auclair, who doesn't often get things wrong, and a piece of ITK by someone whose info is mostly bang on the money up till now.

That's it.

Seems rather optimistic now.

Buzzkill.

You're all acting like this guy is messi. I doubt he is significantly (?ú30m) more effective than Lennon.

I remember people going crazy for Drenthe and Reyes and Baptista and Rebrov and Quaresma and Rivaldo.

I don't like lashing out big bucks on the eve of FFP when free players are available like Ba, Ade, Saha etc.

Dubaispur I disagree with you about our financials. Things are tight due to our lack of match day revenue. See the Swiss ramble blog

Last edited:
You're all acting like this guy is messi. I doubt he is significantly (?ú40m) more effective than Lennon.

I remember people going crazy for drenthe and Reyes and baptists and rebrov and quarrels and rivaldo.

I don't like lashing out big bucks on the eve of ffp when free players are available like ba are Saha etc.

Dubaispur I disagree with you about our financials. Things are tight due to our lack of match day revenue. See the Swiss ramble blog

We bid decent sums of money for players like Aguero and Remy, we haven't spend large amounts of money in January signing saha and nelsen on frees, whilst freeing up wages from the loan deals for pienaar and bassong.

So where has this money we were attempting to throw at players gone?

Probably paying off our loans and buying land. Didn't I read the last three windows has seen a net profit of 20m on fees.

This will well and truly alert Sheik Mansour that he needs to buy up another hot prospect. Then we'll see how bothered about earning six figures a week Hazard and his agent are.

This will well and truly alert Sheik Mansour that he needs to buy up another hot prospect. Then we'll see how bothered about earning six figures a week Hazard and his agent are.

If he sticks to his principles and wants first team football then we should be fine, His agent however might want the big bucks..

Hello again everyone, made a concerted effort to stop lurking on the new look GG and register again....

Thanks a lot for dousing the fires of falsely kindled hope in the last 10mins after logging on tonight, with the dubious Hazard translations and the sly 68,000 capacity comment on the NDP planning pages!!

Anyway, hope to contribute in here regularly as the unique GG/Spurs flavour gets rekindled (esp the perfectly judged sick humour!)

Am an exile of the shelf lower, then East lower of the 80s and 90s, been through some pretty grim times there, as I'm sure you all know!.. but wouldn't change it for anything! Also am ingrained to the core with Celtic.. so have been essentially up against footballing evil from all quarters my whole life, in Lilywhite when in London or in Hoops when in Glasgow!

Well done to all who have rebirthed the site, a fantastic effort... and I'll shut up now.. (couldn't see any of those "newbie" threads on the new site!)

PS: I'll eat my hat if Levy signs Hazard in a bidding war!!

I look forward to that annoying squeak that only teeth on wet wool can provide... COYS! :-&

Fantastic signing if true.

He must have seen what happened to Lukaku's career and development after getting his dream move.

Come to a proper club, Eden

Although we've conducted very sensible and very decent transfer business over the last couple of windows there's been a lack of a real exciting "fudge me" signing which we all do crave slightly at heart, if something like this came off it'd be awesome, a real statement.

Another thing to consider would perhaps be the possibility of vertonghen being more interested if one of his compatriots was here. Personally I think we should be getting in some Belgium youth talent as they seem to be doing something right at the moment in that regards..

As much as it would be fudging incredible/a great statement of intent to splash the cash on such a talented footballer, I'd rather solidify our forward line, as I am pretty happy with our wide players. While I'd never turn down someone like Hazard coming to Spurs, think I'd rather pay 15-17 for Remy/keep Ade, and maybe look at Nathan Redmond from Brum for help on the wings.

421473_10631956_b.jpg

Massive disappointment fears...I'll hold my horses until its official - still exciting to hear top talents mentioning Spurs as a great club though! Shows we've come a long, long way since two points from eight games...

Massive disappointment fears...I'll hold my horses until its official - still exciting to hear top talents mentioning Spurs as a great club though! Shows we've come a long, long way since two points from eight games...

Robbo - I think even if the lotto winner cnuts bring a bucket-load of pessos - he seems to be keen on regular football and steady development. Hence his Barcelona, Real Madrid comments. Not City nor Chelsea can guarantee him that. Utd have 3 top wingers fighting for 2 spots at best. Arsenal couldn't afford that nor do they have the space for him in their young-guns-cnuts team

The boy wants to grow and learn as a player from the likes of van der Vaart, Modric, Ade, Bale, etc. - not some cloggers and human cloning experiments up north

He's ours, haters.

That's it.

Saying 'I hope it will be done soon' after mentioning Tottenham is what makes me think there may be some legs in the story, although obviously just going off translations I don't know how that is meant. Didn't he also say something about 'hopefully tomorrow'?

Back