• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

So why not sign up already?

He'll be getting a lot of stick in the dutch dressing room over the medal collection or lack of at the Euros. As much as he may have affinity for the club I bet he has his eyes on actually having something on the CV to show for it beyond the player of the year gong.

Because he genuinely might have wanted to concentrate on dragging Arsenal back into the top 4 without the distraction of negotiating the most important contract of his career?

Van der Vaart might be in as much danger of this ribbing that you talk of so I don't think that is really a factor. Yes he will want to win things and as I pointed out, by signing Podolski and having Wheelchair back, Van Persie may well think that they can win a few trophies in the next 3-4 years with those 2 on board plus whoever else is added to the squad and tbh I am inclined to feel the same. I think that with a couple of signings in the summer to go with Podolski, Arsenal will be big challengers for the title next season.

Redknapp not involved so it's OK

Yeah, but that doesn't matter apparently. When people look at that balance sheet/P&L they'll see the wages have gone up. Redknapp was slaughtered for that in another post only a couple of days ago. Apparently he should be driving the wages down, not having players so well that they get pay rises.

RVP and Walnut's contracts are up next season so they're in the same position as they were with Nasri, will be interesting to see what happens there.

RVP and Walnut's contracts are up next season so they're in the same position as they were with Nasri, will be interesting to see what happens there.

Not sure anyone better than Arsenal would be interested in signing Walcott, so he'll probably sign a new deal. RvP on the other hand.....

Yeah, but that doesn't matter apparently. When people look at that balance sheet/P&L they'll see the wages have gone up. Redknapp was slaughtered for that in another post only a couple of days ago. Apparently he should be driving the wages down, not having players so well that they get pay rises.

Redknapps responsible for signing brick players, (according to him that why he doesn't rotate the squad and slagged the players off as we were down to our 'bare bones') hence increasing the wage bill.

Getting your best players to siign contract extensions on improved terms is excellent practice.

Arsenal wish they'd done it with Van Rapist

Redknapps responsible for signing brick players, (according to him that why he doesn't rotate the squad and slagged the players off as we were down to our 'bare bones') hence increasing the wage bill.

Getting your best players to siign contract extensions on improved terms is excellent practice.

Arsenal wish they'd done it with Van Rapist

Well considering the fringe players will be on low wages, I'd expect the first team players to make up the bulk of the wages at the club. Damn Redknapp for having our first team players playing so well that they deserve new contracts.

Why oh why do so many contributors fixate on the Woolwich Nomads. I could not care less who they sign I just want to read about who we might sign

Why has Van Persie not signed an extension? I'm sure they've asked him before now. That's not to say he won't sign one but surely it's a sign that he's thinking of moving at least.

Yakubo is going to get relegated... He is capable of controlling a long ball hit to him, he did that very well against us. He can play lone striker. Do we want him to replace Saha as our #2 choice striker. (Assuming we only play with 1 striker.)

Madrid bought Sahin for €10 mil last year, that was so cheap it's unbelievable... Now they're open to selling him for some reason. (fudge knows why, he has looked fudging awesome for them and he's extremely young.)

I have absolutely no idea how the fudge to justify signing him, but he's one of my favourite young players, so if we play with 5 midfielders (including the VDV role as a midfield role), surely we can find a place for him in our squad? Modric and Hudds aren't exactly the same, so having a third CM playmaker isn't the worst idea... He's pretty good at free kicks (although Bale and VDV were fudging awesome at free kicks once) and his passing is amazing.

Am I blinded by the fact that I really like him or is this a huge opportunity to sign an amazing young player that we should take advantage of?

(If we get CL football or Modric gets injured next season, surely he'd be incredibly useful? Even if neither of those things happen, we'd be able to rotate a lot more.)

^ Yakubu - 18 goals in 25 appearances this season (so says Wiki)

coupled with the fact he's the type of striker we could do with then id say that would be an excellent shout

Always liked Yakubu but think we may of left it too late to be honest. Doesn't he have the second best goals to game ratio behind Thierry Henry in Premier League history or something similar?

Back