• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Seriously shouldnt we be setting out heights a little higher than the Yak !!!

No. Simply because he'd come here as a squad player, and he gets goals. Getting goals is vital, and something which in more than a few games this season we could have done with. He's no-one's pick to lead the line for 25-30 league games, but we could do a lot worse (Saha, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Keane, Mido) as back up. Very strong, powerful, aerially gifted too. Would be a decent player. Could even teach the younger players a thing or two about bullying defenses, Ade too, if he stays.

Only 2 or 3 clubs in the world have top class players 1-11, and 12-15. We ain't one of them, some Spurs fans need to accept this.

I would take Yak as a sub striker and get rid of Saha. Yak, Defoe, and a top quality striker.

The thing is I love Ade allowing our players to play etc but he isnt a proper finisher which we are in desperate need of

Always liked Yakubu but think we may of left it too late to be honest. Doesn't he have the second best goals to game ratio behind Thierry Henry in Premier League history or something similar?

You jest, 25 goals in 82 league appearances for Everton and 25 goals in 75 matches for Boro. I think you will find that is not even remotely similar

Only 2 or 3 clubs in the world have top class players 1-11, and 12-15. We ain't one of them, some Spurs fans need to accept this.

Indeed, not even Barca, however if we want to compete for CL places on a regular basis we will need quality strikers.

Chelsea for instance will finish 6th this season but they will strengthen significantly while Arsenal have already brought in another striker

I would take Yak as a sub striker and get rid of Saha. Yak, Defoe, and a top quality striker.

The thing is I love Ade allowing our players to play etc but he isnt a proper finisher which we are in desperate need of

Over the years I have formed the opinion that Yak is a bit lazy, I could be wrong but hes never really impressed me.

The Yaks goal scoring this season is not illustrative of how he scores goals normally. I also think it is short term and I would be aghast if we signed him

Yakubu? I hope this is banter - he s about 10 years older than Saha and around 5 times bricker

I sincerely hope we d aim a little higher than that this summer. Ridding of Saha should be enough of a challenge already

fudging hell

Yakubu? I hope this is banter - he s about 10 years older than Saha and around 5 times bricker

I sincerely hope we d aim a little higher than that this summer. Ridding of Saha should be enough of a challenge already

fudging hell

this

Can't see this already, at least on the past few pages.

Rafa has said we're close to signing Vertonghen:

VDV on Vertonghen: "It is a close deal"

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has high hopes for the advent of Ajax Jan Vertonghen. According to the Dutch, there is a close deal.

Ajax and Tottenham were already in negotiations about a transfer of the central defender. "I hope he comes", said Van der Vaart during the presentation of his glossy Rafael. "I think it's a close deal. I know the conversations, they have asked me forward and I think he is currently a gain for us. If Jan is smart, he opted for Tottenham."

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...l&hl=en&safe=off&rls=ig&site=webhp&prmd=imvns

Always liked Yakubu but think we may of left it too late to be honest. Doesn't he have the second best goals to game ratio behind Thierry Henry in Premier League history or something similar?

If we are talking as a replacement for Saha, then yes yes. As our first choice CF, sorry no

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has high hopes for the advent of Ajax Jan Vertonghen. According to the Dutch, there is a close deal.

Ajax and Tottenham were already in negotiations about a transfer of the central defender. "I hope he comes", said Van der Vaart during the presentation of his glossy Rafael. "I think it's a close deal. I know the conversations, they have asked me forward and I think he is currently a gain for us. If Jan is smart, he opted for Tottenham."

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...l&hl=en&safe=off&rls=ig&site=webhp&prmd=imvns

I hope so, but I think Vermaelen at Arsenal could swing him their way

We dont need a replacement for Saha because we dont need A Saha at all

Players of such level have no place in a club of our season objectives and aspirations.

I love Rafa! He even taps up players for us!

Just wanted to add; by the sounds of it, I imagine that this deal will be done by the end of next week. *fingers crossed*

Back