• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

With Ajax's season finishing at the weekend, I wonder that if we do get the deal done, he'll be at WHL on the final day if he has indeed signed by then

With Ajax's season finishing at the weekend, I wonder that if we do get the deal done, he'll be at WHL on the final day if he has indeed signed by then

That would be nice. This is Spurs though, we'll probably find out tomorrow that he's signed for Arsenal.

That would be nice. This is Spurs though, we'll probably find out tomorrow that he's signed for Arsenal.

Most probably :lol:

I remember when we signed players early. Does anyone remember when Modric was in the stands after we had signed him in May?

Can't see this already, at least on the past few pages.

Rafa has said we're close to signing Vertonghen:

VDV on Vertonghen: "It is a close deal"

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has high hopes for the advent of Ajax Jan Vertonghen. According to the Dutch, there is a close deal.

Ajax and Tottenham were already in negotiations about a transfer of the central defender. "I hope he comes", said Van der Vaart during the presentation of his glossy Rafael. "I think it's a close deal. I know the conversations, they have asked me forward and I think he is currently a gain for us. If Jan is smart, he opted for Tottenham."

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...l&hl=en&safe=off&rls=ig&site=webhp&prmd=imvns

The best part of the translation is the last part.

"If they are smart, they drink, very drunk. Maybe I close later still for a moment."

Bale out: City set to offer Spurs ?ú40m players-plus-cash deal

Massive transfer would see the Welsh winger triple his salary and potentially see Adebayor and another star swap Eastlands for Tottenham.

Emirates Marketing Project are ready to make a ?ú40million raid on Tottenham for Gareth Bale.

Super-rich City will try to make the move happen by offering the Welsh wonder THREE times his wages, which would put him on over ?ú100,000-a-week.

The league leaders' Arab owners have given their blessing to the staggering swoop, and are ready to propose a cash-plus-player package.

Bale may be tempted to make the move after dropping heavy hints that he will review his future this summer.

He said in a recent interview, “If we don’t [qualify for the Champions League], I have to discuss what’s best for myself.”

However, sources close to the situation say that even qualification for Europe's top club competition will not stop the move happening.

Bale has been heavily linked with a move abroad, with Barcelona in the frame, but staying in the Premier League and competing for the title and other top prizes may suit him more .

The contract that would be on offer at Eastlands - worth almost ?ú30m over five years - makes it almost a no-brainer for the Welsh star, who is arguably the best in Britain at his age.

Background work on the transfer is already going on but the nitty-gritty of figures will be hard for the negotiators, because of the size and nature of the move.

Striker Emmanuel Adebayor - on loan from City to Spurs for the season - would make his switch permanent if the clubs can agree the more complicated part of the talks.

The big striker is still on a giant wage and Tottenham would not want to pick that up, so his final value in the deal will have to be carefully assessed.

City may also offer another player in the deal if Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and his chairman Daniel Levy do want to play ball, with Nigel De Jong and Adam Johnson both potentially on the list of candidates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-want-gareth-bale-817418

Johnson is crap though.

Ade + Nasri + ?ú15m might be worth thinking about.

I'd bite their arm off for the second option but I doubt that Nasri would join us.

I think that Johnson is alright but is suffering from being in and out of the team. I don't think that he would be a first choice for us either but he would provide good cover for both flanks and would get more games for us than he does Emirates Marketing Project.

David Silva and Aguero, then we have a deal.

What would you realistically take though? Bale is just one player and one bad tackle and he could be out for a season anyway. Adebayor plus one other may make our squad stronger and free up money to spend elsewhere. That is not to pretend that Bale would be easy to replace or that he wouldn't be missed.

What would you realistically take though? Bale is just one player and one bad tackle and he could be out for a season anyway. Adebayor plus one other may make our squad stronger and free up money to spend elsewhere. That is not to pretend that Bale would be easy to replace or that he wouldn't be missed.

Yeah in all honesty, i would take Adebayor/Dzeko & Johnson...We should try and sneak john guidetti into the deal too ;)

Super-rich City will try to make the move happen by offering the Welsh wonder THREE times his wages, which would put him on over ?ú100,000-a-week.

Pretty sure that would put him over ?ú200k a week.

You can have Bale but give us a blank cheque and once we know how much our stadium will cost we will fill it out and cash it in.

Back