• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I thought he was a bit older, wow. There was a time a couple of years back that I would have given my left testicle to see him in a Spurs shirt.

Who do you think we will get to replace Brad, maybe he has another year in him yet ?

I reckon Friedel has a year or two left in him but I think we may try go for someone Prem proven like Krul? or Vorm? or someone along those lines.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/dutch-reports-tottenham-begin-negotiations-to-sign-ajax-defender-jan-vertonghen/

Dutch reports: Tottenham begin negotiations to sign Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf report this morning that Tottenham have begun negotiations with Ajax to sign central defender Jan Vertonghen.

Spurs have reportedly targeted Vertonghen as their most important summer transfer target and are eager to wrap up a deal quickly.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has been frustrated at chopping and changing his central defensive partnership throughout the season with Ledley King, William Gallas, Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul all succumbing to injuries during the campaign.

De Telegraaf report that Spurs are hoping to seal a deal for the Belgian defender for less than 10 million euros and discussions have already begun between VertonghenÔÇÖs agents and the north London club.

Vertonghen seems almost certain to be playing Premier League football next season with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine also interested.

The 25-year-old defender was hoping to keep these negotiations quiet with Ajax set to clinch the Eredivisie title this evening but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is eager to seal a deal quickly.

Whilst Vertonghen has struggled to break into the Belgium national team on a regular basis (he does have 36 international caps), with ArsenalÔÇÖs Thomas Vermaelen and Manchester CityÔÇÖs Vincent Kompany the first choice pairing, he has been in inspirational form for Ajax in recent weeks.

The captain of the Amsterdam giants is a cultured ball-playing central defender who revels in setting up attacks from the back. Vertonghen is also strong in the air and in the tackle but may struggle against diminutive pacey strikers.

Harry says that Vertonghen is a good player and have watched him a couple of times - but that Spurs are not in talks with Ajax about signing him atm

I reckon Friedel has a year or two left in him but I think we may try go for someone Prem proven like Krul? or Vorm? or someone along those lines.

I'd fancy getting someone in and keeping Freidel in the league whilst getting our second keeper used to us in the cups.. though only the europa, not the Champions League..

However i doubt a top level keeper will want to come in and be second to freidel, same as i doubt Freidel would be that happy becoming the second choice keeper.. It is a tricky one..

I'd fancy getting someone in and keeping Freidel in the league whilst getting our second keeper used to us in the cups.. though only the europa, not the Champions League..

However i doubt a top level keeper will want to come in and be second to freidel, same as i doubt Freidel would be that happy becoming the second choice keeper.. It is a tricky one..

With Villareal languishing just above the relegation area, Diego Lopez I'd imagine would be available.

Swap for Gio

Also I wouldn't say no to bidding large on Pepe Reina.

SPURS are on the verge of pulling off a major coup by beating Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal to the ?ú6million capture of Jan Vertonghen.

The powerful 25-year-old Ajax defender is out of contract in a year and his club hope to create an auction to up the fee.

But 6ft 2in Vertonghen has told the Dutch champions he has set his heart on moving to Spurs.

His agent Mustapha Nakhli confirmed: ÔÇ£There is enormous interest. A number of clubs have made concrete approaches, with Tottenham among them.

ÔÇ£Jan has a few dream clubs. Playing at the top of the Premier League is something he has worked really hard for.ÔÇØ

Vertonghen, who will be named AjaxÔÇÖs Player of the Year on Monday, was initially tipped to join Arsenal because of his close friendship with Belgium team-mate Thomas Vermaelen.

Ajax are stubbornly refusing to accept the White Hart Lane clubÔÇÖs offer so Vertonghen ÔÇö who admits he is a Spurs fan ÔÇö has threatened to sit tight for a year and walk out for nothing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ge-of-6million-capture-of-Jan-Vertonghen.html

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277...n-should-go-to-barcelona-ajax-manager-de-boer

Vertonghen should go to Barcelona, says Ajax coach De Boer

The Belgian central defender has admitted that he has played his last game for the Dutch club and his manager believes he will be well-suited to the Spanish giants

3 May 2012 00:28:00

By Nicholas McGee

De Boer is resigned to losing the talented 24-year-old but believes he should shun Premier League advances in favour of a move to Barcelona. Vertonghen has long been the subject of speculation and a host of teams - including Arsenal and Tottenham - are reportedly vying for his services.

De Boer told reporters: "I hope he will leave for Barcelona. Of course, Tottenham is a great club for Jan, but I think he will fit perfect at Barca."

The defender revealed that he is set to leave the Amsterdam Arena after admitting that he has played his last home game for the club.

The Belgian was speaking after the Dutch giants clinched a second Eredivisie title in as many years with a 2-0 win over strugglers VVV Venlo thanks to two goals from Siem De Jong.

Asked if he has played his last game for Ajax at the Amsterdam Arena, he answered: "That's almost sure, yes."

Vertonghen has made over 150 appearances for Ajax, scoring 22 goals since graduating from the club's world renowned academy.

Sounds to me its all on guys!

I still cant make my mind up on Dembele. On one hand he is really exciting, has the ability to go past players like they have concrete boots, can score, is very skillfull, physically goo (tall, strong, quick) and has shown versatility moving from wide positions to central... On the other his passing is limited (particularly over distance), he doesnt score enough considering his position and I cant decide whether he is intelligent or a headless chicken.

this si me in a nutshell about dembele too

i would also like to add that if we can get krkic , i think we should..if nothing else than him being a squad player

He can go to Barcelona, sure, under one small condition of course - if he's wanted. And I doubt he'd be anything more than a squad player at best for them considering their current line-up. So unless he'd want to follow in the footsteps of Lukaku and his dream boy-hood, fanboy Youtube move, rather stop and think with your brain for a second, Jan.

Desperate whoring yet again - highest bidder, etc. Come on Levy, teach them a lesson!

Spurs an option for Vertonghen

Agent claims Tottenham have made approach for defender

Last Updated: May 3, 2012 8:02am

Vertonghen's performances for Ajax this season have seem him emerge as one of the most coveted players in European football, with a number of clubs keeping tabs on his progress.

He recently admitted that he had a 'dozen' options and has made no secret of his admiration for Arsenal, where Belgian compatriot Thomas Vermaelen is firmly established as a key man at centre-back.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Vertonghen and the 25-year-old's representative, Mustapha Nakhli, says playing in England would be a dream come true.

But it appears Tottenham are among the frontrunners after Nakhli claimed that talks had taken place with the White Hart Lane outfit.

"There is enormous interest. A number of clubs have made concrete approaches, with Tottenham among them," Nakhli said.

"Jan has a few dream clubs. Playing at the top of the Premier League is something he has worked really hard for."

Seen the light

Vertonghen has a year left to run on his Ajax contract and boss Frank de Boer has admitted he is now ready for a move elsewhere after taking his game to a higher level this season.

"Jan has seen the light," said De Boer. "Not only on the pitch, but away from it.

"I have been very critical of him and, at some point, he must have become fond of me.

"His development is wonderful to see. If he leaves, I think it is right.

"Earlier, I thought it would have been unwise.

"It will not be easy to replace him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7725374/Spurs-an-option-for-Vertonghen

Back