• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Hazard is probably better than Lennon. And yes, we have to improve the squad when we can. But marginalising Azza somehow feels...wrong. He's been here so long, never made a fuss about wanting to leave, and is still only, what, 24? 25? He's one of our icons of the past few years, imo, and sidelining him just....sits uneasily with me.

I understand that. When all the talk was of Lennon moving to Liverpool, I didn't want to hear it. I think he has great talent on his day, but, we do need to look at getting better and better if we are to challenge regularly for the league title. Lennon will still get games but we can't keep a player in the first team only based on sentimentality issues.

I don't feel like he would be sidelined, there must be far more rotation in the squad for champions league teams, therefore everybody will still get games...

Anybody find it convenient that mourinho's top transfer target might be coming to spurs?

Like I said, game-time isn't the same as genuine competition, imo, but fair enough, I'm not really that interested in pushing the point.

And yeah, it is a bit unnatural. If Hazard and Mourinho came to Spurs...well, after I'd finished a toss marathon, I'd probably wonder how we could possibly pay for them both, alongside getting the stadium done. A bit too much for a club of our finances, I feel. If it does come to pass, I hope to GHod Levy isn't gambling on success more than he has to.

If Hazard is better than Lennon, then no-one is forgetting Lennon, we would simply be improving the quality of the squad.

Hazard is not better or worse than Lennon, bale, or Modric.

He is just a great player in another style.

Lennon's game is pretty simple, give him the ball, one touch, run, then inside or outside, then cross or shoot.

Hazard wouldnt be able to do what lennon does best, but can offer other things.

Actually in terms of style, id say he is more like Cristiano Ronaldo, not saying he is as good, but in the same style.

Like I said, game-time isn't the same as genuine competition, imo, but fair enough, I'm not really that interested in pushing the point.

And yeah, it is a bit unnatural. If Hazard and Mourinho came to Spurs...well, after I'd finished a toss marathon, I'd probably wonder how we could possibly pay for them both, alongside getting the stadium done. A bit too much for a club of our finances, I feel. If it does come to pass, I hope to GHod Levy isn't gambling on success more than he has to.

I dont think the Hazard signing will have too much of an effect on budget as in it wont be a Leeds situation.

Also people are forgetting getting in Hazard may well mean someone of the ilk of Bale or Modric may be sold? The thing is it isnt just signing one player we need to sign two or three ie a striker and a defender

Lennon's game is pretty simple, give him the ball, one touch, run, then inside or outside, then cross or shoot.

Actually in terms of style, id say he is more like Cristiano Ronaldo, not saying he is as good, but in the same style.

I love Lennon. Speedy fudgein gonzales. I do love him and he is one of my fave players. Part of the furniture at Spurs,

maybe they did but we didn't understand their brainless cryptic ITK talk of colours etc...our bad

I wonder when BEN, POTL etc will 'announce' that he's interested in signing and Levy's had talks with Lille?

POTL will probably claim that Hazard is Blue as he is "French". I remember one ITK last seasons stating that Gervinho was yellow as he was "brazilian" fecking idiot. This was also picked up on by a daily mail journalist who also called Gervinho brazilian. The standard of journalism nowadays is so ridiculously brick its amazing.

ITK are mostly idiots other that JJJetset who knows his stuff allright.

I understand that. When all the talk was of Lennon moving to Liverpool, I didn't want to hear it. I think he has great talent on his day, but, we do need to look at getting better and better if we are to challenge regularly for the league title. Lennon will still get games but we can't keep a player in the first team only based on sentimentality issues.

What you say is true, but it won't change the gut feeling I have that we're doing wrong by a man who has stood by us when we were in the dumps. Call me a sentimentalist, I suppose. But if you take the sentiment out of football, what else is there? Accounting, that's what.

I dont think the Hazard signing will have too much of an effect on budget as in it wont be a Leeds situation.

Also people are forgetting getting in Hazard may well mean someone of the ilk of Bale or Modric may be sold? The thing is it isnt just signing one player we need to sign two or three ie a striker and a defender

Hazard wouldnt be a Modric replacement in terms of the skills they can offer.

And i dont think Bale will be leaving. If someone is leaving then thats Modric but there not the same, Hazard is nearly a striker, hes a proper number 10. He wouldnt be able to sit and play keep ball with parker like Modric does.

True, they're different players. But, out of Bale, Parker, modric, VdV and Lennon, who do you think is the most likely to get dropped for Hazard (if he comes)? Lennon, is my answer. That's why I'm concerned for the lad.

Adebayor, Caulker, Naughton and Adler on a free.

That would solve most of the issues yes?

Plus sell/get rid of: Pienaar, Jenas, Bentley, Corluka, Bassong and maybe one of two youngsters who don't look like making it...

Think we'd still need a striker to replace saha, but if we extend him by a year we could sort that out in the future, Hopefully Kane will come good.

Then we get to keep bale and modric.

Edit: if this actually happened i think i might just cry tears of joy.

Last edited:
I love Lennon. Speedy fudgein gonzales. I do love him and he is one of my fave players. Part of the furniture at Spurs,

Players like Lennon, Daws, Thudd were part of the revolution at spurs that saw us become the force we are today. Utmost respect for all of them.

True, they're different players. But, out of Bale, Parker, modric, VdV and Lennon, who do you think is the most likely to get dropped for Hazard (if he comes)? Lennon, is my answer. That's why I'm concerned for the lad.

My first answer would have been Vdv. He has looked slow in recent weeks, and his set pieces.. but then he always comes up with a goal..

But then again, you're probably right, with hazard and bale on the wings, you'd need someone like vdv, a big older, a better finisher...

So probably Lennon out.. Could be a good sub Lennon anyway.

-------------------Friedel---------------
Walker-------King-------Kaboul------BAE
----------------------------------------
-----------Parker--------Sandro--------
------------------Modric----------------
----Hazard----------------------Bale----
----------------Adebayor----------------

Subs.
Gomes
VDV
Lennon
Defoe
Saha
Dawson
Krunchie
+
+
+

That would be a decent side.....

This bit makes me a bit more calm if we don't get Hazard, because I'd still prioritize getting in both a striker and defender.

I really hope this Spurs tossfest picks up and Harry realizes, "fudge managing England, I've got it pretty good 'ere!" If we keep going on and getting good results, maybe more players will turn their heads and think what a dream it would be to play for us.

Don't see why we'd have to sell for just one player. We don't need a defender:we've got Caulker coming back, after all. I think we need a striker the most, and long-term, a young goalkeeper. Spending, say, 45 million quid on Hazard plus a striker won't bankrupt us considering that we've pretty much made that amount in profits over the last few transfer windows. Plus we'll probably sell the likes of Charlie, Pienaar, Bassong, Bentley and the like to bring in even more funds. So I think we're fine, and talk of selling Modders or Bale is off the mark.

And in any case, with the prospect of playing in the world's third-best midfield (behind Real and Barca's), why on earth would they want to leave?:twisted:

i don't see why we couldn't play bale - hazard - lennon for home games?

plus, with us most likely being in the champions league next season, we're going to need a big squad.

i really am blowing my load thinking about this signing. sneezing in six row bursts over and over again.

Adebayor, Caulker, Naughton and Adler on a free.

That would solve most of the issues yes?

Plus sell/get rid of: Pienaar, Jenas, Bentley, Corluka, Bassong and maybe one of two youngsters who don't look like making it...

Think we'd still need a striker to replace saha, but if we extend him by a year we could sort that out in the future, Hopefully Kane will come good.

Then we get to keep bale and modric.

Edit: if this actually happened i think i might just cry tears of joy.

fudge tears of joy, toss all over the furniture and go crazy. We'll never have a better transfer window. :D

-------------------Friedel---------------
Walker-------King-------Kaboul------BAE
----------------------------------------
-----------Parker--------Sandro--------
------------------Modric----------------
----Hazard----------------------Bale----
----------------Adebayor----------------

Subs.
Gomes
VDV
Lennon
Defoe
Saha
Dawson
Krunchie
+
+
+

That would be a decent side.....

And that's without the likes of Caulker and Naughton. Wowser.

Back