• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Poor azza.. though he could be backup for both right and left... with champions league football that could still amount to quite a few games...

Though i am hoping we sell pienaar...

We'll have to sell a lot of players, like pienaar and bentley... in fact, I think selling bentley will be more difficult than getting in hazard at this point.

Poor azza.. though he could be backup for both right and left... with champions league football that could still amount to quite a few games...
With the way Bale is developing I think we don't really have a clearly defined left and right mids any more.

Plus, everyone's forgetting about poor Azza in all this.

Dont think so. Hazard can play anywhere, and how many games do we see lennon, vdv play together? one of the two is out at least 2/3 of our games.

If we have hazard and bale, on the wings, we'll have lots of money from tv rights because we'll look so explosive everyone will wanna watch us in Europe..

Azza will still have an important role to play if we did get Hazard. Wouldn't expect him to want to leave anytime soon.

Regarding Abramovich hiring some clever lawyer to bypass FFP, I'm not sure about that at all. What legal argument can be raised against the FFP rules? Against competitve law? So was the 25-man squad rule, and that passed, as did the 50+1 ownership rule implemented by German clubs, which is in my opinion a rule that should be adopted worldwide. So I can't really see a legal challenge against UEFA, but then again, I'm no lawyer, so I could be mistaken. But considering the sober spending that the past January saw, especially by Chelsea (in past seasons, they would have blown squillions on a top player to get them back into the title race), I'd say most clubs are quite worried by FFP. I sincerely hope so, anyway.

Also if all the other clubs are all for FFP like the majority seem to be (can see Real, City and Chelsea being against them) then the public image that would be portrayed by such a challenge wouldnt be worth the hassle.

Dont think so. Hazard can play anywhere, and how many games do we see lennon, vdv play together? one of the two is out at least 2/3 of our games.

If we have hazard and bale, on the wings, we'll have lots of money from tv rights because we'll look so explosive everyone will wanna watch us in Europe..

That's the problem though; someone will have to deign to play second fiddle to the guy; I mean, regular game time's the only reason he's coming, if the speculation turns out to be true. Would any of our current stars be happy knowing that, when everyone's fit, they'll have to be behind Hazard in the race for a first-team place? I agree that Lennon will get a lot of game-time nonethless, but game time isn't the same as genuine competition for a starting spot, imo.

But yeah, a midfield of Hazard, Modric, Parker and Bale? with VdV up behind Ade([-o<)? with Benny and Walker supporting from the wing-back positions?

goddamnit man, we would get the most TV money in the country. Only Barca and Madrid would out-do us.

If Hazard is better than Lennon, then no-one is forgetting Lennon, we would simply be improving the quality of the squad.

Hazard is probably better than Lennon. And yes, we have to improve the squad when we can. But marginalising Azza somehow feels...wrong. He's been here so long, never made a fuss about wanting to leave, and is still only, what, 24? 25? He's one of our icons of the past few years, imo, and sidelining him just....sits uneasily with me.

Also if all the other clubs are all for FFP like the majority seem to be (can see Real, City and Chelsea being against them) then the public image that would be portrayed by such a challenge wouldnt be worth the hassle.

I hadn't considered that, good point.

Hazard is probably better than Lennon. And yes, we have to improve the squad when we came. But marginalising Azza somehow feels...wrong. He's been here so long, never made a fuss about wanting to leave, and is still only, what, 24? 25? He's one of our icons of the past few years, imo, and sidelining him just....sits uneasily with me.

I don't feel like he would be sidelined, there must be far more rotation in the squad for champions league teams, therefore everybody will still get games...

Anybody find it convenient that mourinho's top transfer target might be coming to spurs?

Back