• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Tottenham are trying to persuade Croatian midfield playmaker Luka Modric to sign a new contract - and keep him out of the clutches of Premier League rivals Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project

Leicester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel, 25, is a summer target for Tottenham, who want a younger goalkeeper to provide competition for 40-year-old veteran Brad Friedel.

Tottenham Hotspur winger Gareth Bale will choose to stay at the club despite interest from Barcelona, says Spurs manager Harry Redknapp.

Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has put off talks over a new deal until after Euro 2012, alerting Arsenal to the Dutch striker's possible availability.

The Football Association faces a complex legal and financial battle to extract Harry Redknapp from his Tottenham Hotspur contract if they want him to be the next England manager.

Tottenham are trying to persuade Croatian midfield playmaker Luka Modric to sign a new contract - and keep him out of the clutches of Premier League rivals Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project

Leicester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel, 25, is a summer target for Tottenham, who want a younger goalkeeper to provide competition for 40-year-old veteran Brad Friedel.

Tottenham Hotspur winger Gareth Bale will choose to stay at the club despite interest from Barcelona, says Spurs manager Harry Redknapp.

Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has put off talks over a new deal until after Euro 2012, alerting Arsenal to the Dutch striker's possible availability.

The Football Association faces a complex legal and financial battle to extract Harry Redknapp from his Tottenham Hotspur contract if they want him to be the next England manager.

What's the new Schmeichel like?

I'm wondering when Harry leaves will Gomes be given another chance. I still like the guy.

One would argue a case that Alonso is a DM, one that plays infront of a back 4, yet not a hard tackler and he joined Real for ?ú30m

Another is Macherano who joined Barcelona for ?ú22m

How about Felipe Melo joining Juventus for €25m

Alonso is a dm as was Carrick for us but Essien imo was not a dm at first (he's been playing that role this season though.

What's the new Schmeichel like?

I'm wondering when Harry leaves will Gomes be given another chance. I still like the guy.

I've wondered that myself, certainly havent read anywhere about him wanting a move for a while now, so could be a possibility.
Re: KS I havent seen him enough myself to comment, but if he is half as good as his dad he would still be a good 'un

I've wondered that myself, certainly havent read anywhere about him wanting a move for a while now, so could be a possibility.
Re: KS I havent seen him enough myself to comment, but if he is half as good as his dad he would still be a good 'un

Would rather have Anders Lindegaard, he wont be happy as clear second choice to De Gea next season

Would rather have Anders Lindegaard, he wont be happy as clear second choice to De Gea next season

Its a good call, but as someboby posted a few weeks back, we all know any dealings with United will have them asking for Modric as part of any deal.

I can't see Modric ever signing a further extension to his contract. I don't know Modric personally, but he seemed pretty insistent that he wanted to go and join Chelsea. He said that Levy reneged on a gentlemans agreement - whether that's true or not we'll never know - but, if it is true, then why would you sit down and negotiate with someone who - in his eyes - can no longer be trusted?

I guess it all depends on what Modric wants out of his career; is it winning trophies, or is it purely financial? If it's trophies, then he needs to take a step back and look at how poorly Chelsea have performed this season and look at the instability there; hardly been competing for the title - indeed sacking their very expensive manager half way through. If it's just money, then yeah - go ahead and join Chelsea.

With us, he's not going to earn the money he could earn at other teams. And with us, he might not win the title next season. But, with us, he'll still be earning a very respectable wage and he'll be playing the pivotal role in a team which is consistently competing at the very top of the table, and in cup competitions; guaranteed starter, and adored for what he does.

But is that enough for him?

Don't know myself.

I can't see Modric ever signing a further extension to his contract. I don't know Modric personally, but he seemed pretty insistent that he wanted to go and join Chelsea. He said that Levy reneged on a gentlemans agreement - whether that's true or not we'll never know - but, if it is true, then why would you sit down and negotiate with someone who - in his eyes - can no longer be trusted?

I guess it all depends on what Modric wants out of his career; is it winning trophies, or is it purely financial? If it's trophies, then he needs to take a step back and look at how poorly Chelsea have performed this season and look at the instability there; hardly been competing for the title - indeed sacking their very expensive manager half way through. If it's just money, then yeah - go ahead and join Chelsea.

With us, he's not going to earn the money he could earn at other teams. And with us, he might not win the title next season. But, with us, he'll still be earning a very respectable wage and he'll be playing the pivotal role in a team which is consistently competing at the very top of the table, and in cup competitions; guaranteed starter, and adored for what he does.

Don't know myself.

If Emirates Marketing Project come knocking this summer, then I think his head will be turned again.

And to add most footballers over here pay fudge all tax.

Given the vitriol that top businessmen now receive I can't understand why footballers don't get it as well.

They all use tax shells and image rights, loans from companies etc......disgusting.

52% in earnings over 300,000 euro, ours is 50% on over ?ú150,000......so you pay more tax here.

The personal allowance is alos lower over there, 5151 euro.

It is frankly dusgusting that they can get away with not paying full tax over there, absolutely vile.

Pretty much all top flight footballers earn more than 300k pa so they'll all get hit. That is unless their agents were smart and their take home pay was agreed excluding tax, in which case the club will take the hit.

They all use tax shells and image rights, loans from companies etc......disgusting.

There was talk about HMRC going after tax on image rights a few years back but I don't what came of it. IIRC Portsmouth had many of their players on a low basic wage but were paid lots on image rights which the players were taxed at a lower rate on. Their argument was that most of the players image rights had very little commercial value.

Its a good call, but as someboby posted a few weeks back, we all know any dealings with United will have them asking for Modric as part of any deal.

Why would he be second choice? He was first choice before he got injured and he's proved this year when playing that he's better

52% in earnings over 300,000 euro, ours is 50% on over ?ú150,000......so you pay more tax here.

The personal allowance is alos lower over there, 5151 euro.

It is frankly dusgusting that they can get away with not paying full tax over there, absolutely vile.

What does that have to do with footballers?

And now Harry is hinting at a Drogba deal. No I do not want him, not now. As good as he was this week he has not been like that all season, and we need to buy a young hungry striker with his best days ahead of him. It would be nice for Harry to actually sign a quality striker who was on the up for goodness sake not another short term solution, and lets face it Drogba at 34 is short term

If Emirates Marketing Project come knocking this summer, then I think his head will be turned again.

That would be interesting if they do not make the CL and we did. For ?ú50m they could have him. After a while it becomes tedious fighting for a player who obviously does not want to stay, especially if he refuses to sign the contract that has been on the table for a while now

I'm beginning to think if Modric goes it wouldn't be all doom and gloom as we all assume.

40m in = Victor Moses (5m), Junior Hoilett (free, help pay wages), Remy (20m), Hazard (30m)

So that's 4 exciting young players all for a net spend of 15m which will easily be covered by the sales of Corluka, Bentley, Defoe, etc and dropping these players will help with wages as well.

Even if we're not able to get Hazard or Remy there's still some exciting young players to be had.

Andre Ayew, Christian Eriksen, Abel Hernandez, Georginio Wijnaldum, Antoine Griezmann, even Sinclair would be welcome additions imo.

As long as we make CL there will be options for in the summer with or without Harry, and with or without Modric. I just hope this time we learn from the past and try to finalise our deals prior to the European Championship

Don't know myself.

FA cup final and Champions league semi final as well as triple the wages we could play?

Back