• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I'm beginning to think if Modric goes it wouldn't be all doom and gloom as we all assume.

40m in = Victor Moses (5m), Junior Hoilett (free, help pay wages), Remy (20m), Hazard (30m)

So that's 4 exciting young players all for a net spend of 15m which will easily be covered by the sales of Corluka, Bentley, Defoe, etc and dropping these players will help with wages as well.

Even if we're not able to get Hazard or Remy there's still some exciting young players to be had.

Andre Ayew, Christian Eriksen, Abel Hernandez, Georginio Wijnaldum, Antoine Griezmann, even Sinclair would be welcome additions imo.

I'm beginning to think if Modric goes it wouldn't be all doom and gloom as we all assume.

40m in = Victor Moses (5m), Junior Hoilett (free, help pay wages), Remy (20m), Hazard (30m)

So that's 4 exciting young players all for a net spend of 15m which will easily be covered by the sales of Corluka, Bentley, Defoe, etc and dropping these players will help with wages as well.

Even if we're not able to get Hazard or Remy there's still some exciting young players to be had.

Andre Ayew, Christian Eriksen, Abel Hernandez, Georginio Wijnaldum, Antoine Griezmann, even Sinclair would be welcome additions imo.

Don't think buying four wingers would fill the gap that Modric would leave but I am entirely with you with the idea of Modric leaving not being the worst thing in the world. Hopefully it'll be to a club overseas but if not I won't lose sleep over it, it'd be funny to see the look on Roman's face if Modric fluffs a one on one chance in the 2012/13 CL final with a standard miscued grass cutter which would have won them that elusive trophy whilst we'd presumably still be laughing our way to the bank.

It's kind of bad but I almost want to get this season over with, get our managerial position sorted and then fix the obvious problems actually during the summer, not three games in to the season. But obviously how these last games go will affect our stance when it comes to player and manager acquisition of course.

Would we really miss Modric if we signed a 15 - 20 goal a season replacement?

The big problem with this comment is the same as all the other fantasy football comments on here (like the one above where we get remy and Hazard).

Its all very well us selling modric for ?ú40m but we wouldnt be able to sign top replacements as we cant pay top wages. Hazard will be offered ?ú80k per week by us and ?ú150k per week by more than one of PSG, Man C, Cheatski, Malaga, barca, Real.....

If we sell Modric and Bale we are in effect accepting that we will not be top 4, given we will not be able to get top 4 standard players

The big problem with this comment is the same as all the other fantasy football comments on here (like the one above where we get remy and Hazard).

Its all very well us selling modric for ?ú40m but we wouldnt be able to sign top replacements as we cant pay top wages. Hazard will be offered ?ú80k per week by us and ?ú150k per week by more than one of PSG, Man C, Cheatski, Malaga, barca, Real.....

If we sell Modric and Bale we are in effect accepting that we will not be top 4, given we will not be able to get top 4 standard players

Not only that but our tax system is utter brick. Even if we could pay ?ú150k a week here, ?ú150k in Spain for example is worth a hell of a lot more.

Yes....lets sell our best players and bring in a bunch of promising youngsters. Back to square one. I can't believe some of the posts on this thread.

Sell Bale, widely acclaimed as one of the top, young players in the world, because he's had a dip of form. Great.
Sell Modric, arguably our most influential midfielder for the past few years, because he's not influential enough. Even better.
Replace the two with four players of lesser ability, who might - or might (probably) not - become as good as them in a few years. A masterstroke.

If we want to aspire to become a top, top team, we have to hold on to the likes of Bale and Modric, and improve on those around them. Cashing in and buying inferior players doesn't get us anywhere. It's a perfectly fine way to operate if we're happy being second best, and we've managed all right even after selling Berbatov and Carrick, but at some point we have to show we mean business - if we want to be serious title contenders.

Yes....lets sell our best players and bring in a bunch of promising youngsters. Back to square one. I can't believe some of the posts on this thread.

Sell Bale, widely acclaimed as one of the top, young players in the world, because he's had a dip of form. Great.
Sell Modric, arguably our most influential midfielder for the past few years, because he's not influential enough. Even better.
Replace the two with four players of lesser ability, who might - or might (probably) not - become as good as them in a few years. A masterstroke.

If we want to aspire to become a top, top team, we have to hold on to the likes of Bale and Modric, and improve on those around them. Cashing in and buying inferior players doesn't get us anywhere. It's a perfectly fine way to operate if we're happy being second best, and we've managed all right even after selling Berbatov and Carrick, but at some point we have to show we mean business - if we want to be serious title contenders.

I don't for one min think anyone wants to sell them, but more resigned to them leaving. Bale will eventually want to go and Modric will want to go again in the summer. If the club knows this then we need to get top ?ú for them and we will. I see no reason why Levy couldnt get ?ú90m for them both. If he declined ?ú40m for Modric from Chelsea we could easily get ?ú50m for Bale.

I agree in principal but we've heard this story before when key players have left. We never use the money to get a suitable replacement and end up with a Pavlyuchenko or Frasier Campbell

I don't for one min think anyone wants to sell them, but more resigned to them leaving. Bale will eventually want to go and Modric will want to go again in the summer. If the club knows this then we need to get top ?ú for them and we will. I see no reason why Levy couldnt get ?ú90m for them both. If he declined ?ú40m for Modric from Chelsea we could easily get ?ú50m for Bale.

Why should we be resigned to them leaving? This season has shown there is minimal difference between us and chelsea.We just need to tell them that they're not being sold, like last year, and move early in the transfer window to show that we're improving the team

Getting ?ú90m is great if we want to help finance the stadium. If we want to finish higher in the league, ?ú90m is irrelevant til we can pay market rate wages for top players

From some posts, I get the feeling that some people want to sell Bale and/or Modric, because they're not performing. This is just my interpretation, and I might get it wrong of course.

I realise there will be plenty of speculation this summer as well, and that we will face a tough battle to keep them if we don't get CL next season, but until it's clear that we have to sell either of them, they're Spurs players, and will be Spurs players. I just hope that we start off this coming transfer window immediately, by getting rid of deadwood and try to bring in players we need and players that will strengthen the team, instead of the usual dingdonging around until the last day of the window that we've been doing for a few years.

If we do that, and make our aspirations clear, the incentive for Bale and Modric to leave might not be as big as it will be if we keep signing unwanted, ageing players from the teams below us.

Why should we be resigned to them leaving? This season has shown there is minimal difference between us and chelsea.We just need to tell them that they're not being sold, like last year, and move early in the transfer window to show that we're improving the team

The concern isn't Chelsea, it's Man. Utd.

Would anyone consider Agbonlahor as RW cover / alternative option out wide?

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/73868/Villa_want_12m_from_Sunderland_for_Agbonlahor.aspx

Think he's a decent player stuck in a regressing side

For 12m I'd say so yeah but I'd imagine Villa would want more than 12m from us.

In fact he'd be pretty damn useful in our squad, cover for Lennon and also presumably still remembers how to play up top so will fill the gap that I think Defoe will leave. Haven't considered him at all but I'd be well up for it to be honest, think he could do some damage in our side. His form hasn't been the most consistent this season but Villa really are brick. Would be an actual option to have squadwise as opposed to the likes of Niko Gio Pienaar who aren't really going to be utilised until our first XI are dying on their feet

He couldn't play out wide in a 442/4411, but in a 433 I think he'd be a good squad player as he could play on either wing. Not good enough to push out Lennon or Bale from the side, but a good player who is proper rapid.

He doesn't have the goal return of a striker and doesn't have the skill to support a striker. Quick feet and that's about it for me.

Back