• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Yes....lets sell our best players and bring in a bunch of promising youngsters. Back to square one. I can't believe some of the posts on this thread.

Sell Bale, widely acclaimed as one of the top, young players in the world, because he's had a dip of form. Great.
Sell Modric, arguably our most influential midfielder for the past few years, because he's not influential enough. Even better.
Replace the two with four players of lesser ability, who might - or might (probably) not - become as good as them in a few years. A masterstroke.

If we want to aspire to become a top, top team, we have to hold on to the likes of Bale and Modric, and improve on those around them. Cashing in and buying inferior players doesn't get us anywhere. It's a perfectly fine way to operate if we're happy being second best, and we've managed all right even after selling Berbatov and Carrick, but at some point we have to show we mean business - if we want to be serious title contenders.

I dont' think we're looking to sell either, just if the price is right (45-50m+) we shouldn't turn up our noses immediately. Man Utd seem to be doing just fine after selling Cristiano for 80m. Think they brought in Valencia the same year for around 18m.

The thing is, replacements are out there.. Luka can hit a pass, keep possession, but he's scored just 3 times on 73 shots. Meaning with every shot he takes he has an amazing 4% chance it'll go in. Somethings wrong there.

And if we're looking for a young winger who can get to the line and send in a cross with pace, theres plenty to be had for under 20m. Heck we might even be able to find someone who can use both feet. If we're feeling ambitious, we might even buy 3 young pacy wingers with the money Bale would bring in.

Pretty sure the taxes in Spain were increased to 52%, compared to 50% here.

Have the Spanish government finally closed the loophole that allowed footballers to pay only 24% income tax?

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Spanish League faces strike fears

Players in Spain's La Liga could take strike action over a planned tax hike for its top-earning foreign stars.

The government wants to raise the rate for overseas players earning more than 600,000 euros from 24% to 43% in 2010.

The Liga de Futbol Professional (LFP) argues the increase will stop leading players from coming to La Liga.

But the government argues that it is promoting "tax equality" in a recession which has seen unemployment levels in Spain approaching 20%.

Its proposal would amend the so-called "Beckham Law", named after the England midfielder and former Real Madrid player.

The law was approved in 2002 to make hiring foreign high-earners in all fields easier, and to make Spain more attractive to the specially qualified or skilled.

Well then it was Emirates Marketing Project then. Just shows how high Spurs rate him. Can't wait until he is a permanent figure in our squad.

Well then it was Emirates Marketing Project then. Just shows how high Spurs rate him. Can't wait until he is a permanent figure in our squad.

Its not gonna happen while Scott Parker is here. Unless we find a new position for him like Centre Half or Right Back.

Hmmm 25m is a lot of money, not sure a defensive midfielder has ever been sold for that amount actually.

Is JJset the one thats often spot on?

Its not gonna happen while Scott Parker is here. Unless we find a new position for him like Centre Half or Right Back.

I'd still have Sandro over Parker any day of the week, perhaps our new manager will find a position and way of playing for them both to fit on the pitch.

Parker has a year or two at the top level at best, so Sandro is his obvious replacement and we need to hang onto him. 25m is a huge bid, so I'd be surprised if this was on offer.

To be fair Sandro hasn't looked brilliant since his return from injury. He's been a bit leggy which is to be expected, but I've seen enough of him to know we have an absolute beast of a player on our hands. Also in the last few games he played he was taking the 'run about a bit' too literally. If ever a player needed a bit of coaching to mould him into a world super star it is this boy.
Glad have him and no need to sell him.

Parker has a year or two at the top level at best, so Sandro is his obvious replacement and we need to hang onto him. 25m is a huge bid, so I'd be surprised if this was on offer.

To be fair Sandro hasn't looked brilliant since his return from injury. He's been a bit leggy which is to be expected, but I've seen enough of him to know we have an absolute beast of a player on our hands. Also in the last few games he played he was taking the 'run about a bit' too literally. If ever a player needed a bit of coaching to mould him into a world super star it is this boy.
Glad have him and no need to sell him.

I'm not sure he knows exactly what his job is at the moment. When he plays, people like to line it up as Sandro and Parker sitting but watching the game it's clear to see Parker is being told to sit infront of the back 4 with Sandro and Modric further forward. I think he could adapt to the role but when he's in and out of the side and he's obviously not 100% yet then he looks a little lost. Personally I think Sandro's form at the back end of last season was the one shining light in a poor run of form and better than what Parker has given us so far - not to say he hasn't been good, but Sandro was better imo.

One would argue a case that Alonso is a DM, one that plays infront of a back 4, yet not a hard tackler and he joined Real for ?ú30m

Another is Macherano who joined Barcelona for ?ú22m

How about Felipe Melo joining Juventus for €25m

Back