• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I see it as being implied with the "flavour of the month" bs. Unless they've been in the league for 10, 15, 20 years like Parker or Friedel then you lot pass them off as flavour of the month, which frankly is a terrible phrase and means absolutely nothing. Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Caulker, Ekotto, Lennon, Hudd, Sandro, Modric, Carrick, Bale etc are examples of what our club should be built around, not dinosaurs picked up from Blackburn, Everton, West Ham and Villa.

Sign players with bottle.

Holt would add some toughness up front, fcuk me signing Doyle would help.
We have a bunch of pussies playing for us.

He's no Ruud Van Nistelrooy, but you know what you're going to get with him. 100% committment who will run his socks off for the shirt and make oppositon defenders think a lot more

Chelsea are no longer the major fear though SMN - it's Utd. and City. And there's no way he'd turn either of them down as both offer both money and medals.

I reckon it's odds-on SAF will take him.

It's time to get over that mate, because Gomes is gone and he ain't coming back.

I know I know. I sound like pining over a lost girlfriend.

Potential signings should be made to answer 3 questions before deciding whether or not they'd be suitable for us.

1) If your mate was surounded by 3 big blokes who looked like they wanted to physically harm him would you:

A) Stick around and help your mate fight of the men.
B) Run away and never look back
C) Stand around as your mate is getting attacked then claim afterwards that you couldn't get involved as you didn't know what was happening.

2) If something happened which was your fault would you:

A) Put your hands up and admit your wrong doing.
B) Blame someone else
C) Pretend it didn't happen.

3) If things were not going as you planned/hoped would you:

A) Try harder and never give up until it's over
B) Put your head down and admit defeat
C) Claim it isn't that bad (whilst there's still time to make things better) and state that next time it might be different.

Only if they answer A in all of them should they be allowed to move on to the next stage (ie judging their talent and undertaking a medical).

IN:
Vorm 9m
Vertoghen 14m
Marin 15m
Krasic 4m
Damiao 22.5m

Total: 64.5m

OUT:
Gomes 3m
Gallas FREE
Bassong 3m
Nelsen FREE
Pienaar 5m
Saha FREE

Total: 8m
-----------

------------------Vorm------------------
Walker-Vertoghen-Kaboul-Ekotto
-----------Modric----Parker-----------
Marin-----------VDV-------------Bale
-----------------Damaio----------------

Subs:
Friedel, Caulker, Rose, Sandro, Lennon, Krasic, Defoe

The rate we're going, all that'll happen when the transfer window opens is we'll fall through it and break a collarbone.

I had a dream last night.

We bought Vertoghan and Ericksen and VdV went the other way.

I was celebrating hard because of it, so happy we were getting rid of VdV... not because I don't rate the player, more that I don't like the way way we bend over showing towel holders to 'accomodate' him into the team.

The rate we're going, all that'll happen when the transfer window opens is we'll fall through it and break a collarbone.

Post-of-the-daycheck.jpg

I had a dream last night.

We bought Vertoghan and Ericksen and VdV went the other way.

I was celebrating hard because of it, so happy we were getting rid of VdV... not because I don't rate the player, more that I don't like the way way we bend over showing towel holders to 'accomodate' him into the team.

My GHod. I would take that all day long. Love it,just love it

Cisse for 8m and Jelavic for 5m, and we get Saha in Jan](*,)

Tell me about it!! Do have to wonder whether we actually have any scouts employed at Spurs when you see players like them, Pogrebnyak and Sigurdsson banging in goals for fun.

The January transfer window was just an unmitigated disaster for us really, exchanging the infuriatingly inconsistent Pavlyuchenko with the inept injury prone Saha.

Listening to Harry saying how much he likes Cahill as a player only for us to miss out on him and replace Bassong with Nelsen.

Letting Pienaar go because Harry couldn't get the best out of him only for him to play his socks off for Everton again.

Allowing Corluka to go without signing any cover at RB meaning that Walker has to play every game even though he's lost form.

Tell me about it!! Do have to wonder whether we actually have any scouts employed at Spurs when you see players like them, Pogrebnyak and Sigurdsson banging in goals for fun.

The January transfer window was just an unmitigated disaster for us really, exchanging the infuriatingly inconsistent Pavlyuchenko with the inept injury prone Saha.

Listening to Harry saying how much he likes Cahill as a player only for us to miss out on him and replace Bassong with Nelsen.

Letting Pienaar go because Harry couldn't get the best out of him only for him to play his socks off for Everton again.

Allowing Corluka to go without signing any cover at RB meaning that Walker has to play every game even though he's lost form.

I know we've had them, but I can recollect the last time we had a window we could class as a success

Back