• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Brazilian legend Ronaldo names his successor

Leandro Damiao [would be 'the new Ronaldo']. He’s tall, strong, a very good goalscorer, a threat in the air and skilful with both feet.

I'd like him please.

Alonso is a dm as was Carrick for us but Essien imo was not a dm at first (he's been playing that role this season though.

Indeed, Essien was primarily a box to box midfielder when he joined Chelsea who could do a job as a defensive midfielder. He is now a shadow of the player he was

Would rather have Anders Lindegaard, he wont be happy as clear second choice to De Gea next season

But if he came in the summer where would that leave Brad. I doubt with his current appearance record he would settle for being a number 2 next season, and if I were Lindegaard what is the point of leaving Man Utd to come and sit on our bench?

I do agree that Lindegaard looks a quality keeper and would love him at the Lane

Hoillett is having another good game and has apparently just scored a cracker. I would love him at Spurs in the summer

Brazilian legend Ronaldo names his successor

Leandro Damiao [would be 'the new Ronaldo']. He’s tall, strong, a very good goalscorer, a threat in the air and skilful with both feet.

I'd like him please.

He's already 22, and will be 23 by the time the Premiership season starts next season. Ronaldo was doing it in his teens!!

I can't see Modric ever signing a further extension to his contract. I don't know Modric personally, but he seemed pretty insistent that he wanted to go and join Chelsea. He said that Levy reneged on a gentlemans agreement - whether that's true or not we'll never know - but, if it is true, then why would you sit down and negotiate with someone who - in his eyes - can no longer be trusted?

I guess it all depends on what Modric wants out of his career; is it winning trophies, or is it purely financial? If it's trophies, then he needs to take a step back and look at how poorly Chelsea have performed this season and look at the instability there; hardly been competing for the title - indeed sacking their very expensive manager half way through. If it's just money, then yeah - go ahead and join Chelsea.

With us, he's not going to earn the money he could earn at other teams. And with us, he might not win the title next season. But, with us, he'll still be earning a very respectable wage and he'll be playing the pivotal role in a team which is consistently competing at the very top of the table, and in cup competitions; guaranteed starter, and adored for what he does.

But is that enough for him?

Don't know myself.

Chelsea are no longer the major fear though SMN - it's Utd. and City. And there's no way he'd turn either of them down as both offer both money and medals.

I reckon it's odds-on SAF will take him.

I'm wondering when Harry leaves will Gomes be given another chance. I still like the guy.

It's time to get over that mate, because Gomes is gone and he ain't coming back.

Chelsea are no longer the major fear though SMN - it's Utd. and City. And there's no way he'd turn either of them down as both offer both money and medals.

I reckon it's odds-on SAF will take him.

It's time to get over that mate, because Gomes is gone and he ain't coming back.

I wonder what sort of fee we would get for gomes, i don't imagine it will be very much.

Lets face it, no player of supreme quality will want to come here right now, we couldnt get anyone decent when we in the CL and 'on the up'. Chances will be even slimmer during the next window

Vorm, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Moses/Hoilett/Marin, a couple of strikers, Caulker back from his loan and whoever else Rodgers wants.

I think we'd have to put Wriggly on suicide watch if that happened.

Vorm, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Moses/Hoilett/Marin, a couple of strikers, Caulker back from his loan and whoever else Rodgers wants.

Signing flavours of the month is no way to run and transfer policy. All of those players are playing out of their skin at the moment which means that a return to mediocrity is due any minute now.

Sigurdsson and Vorm from that lot, wont be expensive either. Value for money is essential in todays crazy transfer market

Or maybe, just maybe they're highly promising young players? You can tell Harry's been our manager when you're all brainwashed into thinking we have to fill the squad full of 30+ers. That's not what Spurs should be about.

Or maybe, just maybe they're highly promising young players? You can tell Harry's been our manager when you're all brainwashed into thinking we have to fill the squad full of 30+ers. That's not what Spurs should be about.

Who said anything about filling the squad with 30+ year olds?

Back