• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Ok, how would you honestly rate his season so far out of 10?

Modric would get a 7/10 for me this season. Glimpses of his best at times, but he's been more solid then anything else mixed in with the odd game where he's not shown up mainly against the better teams in the league.

He's been better than 'ok' but not by much.

61056391_31343afdc6_z.jpg

Well, one can always hope that he has other motives than being filthy rich - I mean, it's not like ?ú80k a week is too little to survive on.

He signed a new 4 year contract with Athletic last month. He's not going anywhere.
His old contract had only a year and a few months left on it. So if he was interested in the money he could have forced a move.
Bilbao have no reason to sell. They're well off. And they don't buy players.

How many match-winning performances or games where he produced magic to win the game for us can you count? Especially in those were our strikers were mis-firing so we could rely on the midfiled to produce the goods like in most top teams. Isn't that what x1.5 Fabregas should buy you at the very least?

THiiisss.

I'm not actually that bothered if he leaves us for >30m, don't think we'll get that much for him to be honest. He hasn't produced what you'd want a world class midfielder to

I honestly believe losing Modric would be as terrible as when we lost Carrick. Took us ages to sort out our midfield after that

sort of agree. it wont be a disaster as far as footballing potential goes but i think it would be disaster on principle in that we let go one of our best players

for modric's position he is excellent for me. a dictator as good as you'll find in the premiership.

the excuse someone used for parkers passing i believe actually applies o modric..as a CM playing in a 4 man midfield i dot expect modric to be the guy doing the job that \VDV should be doing.....but in a team with better movement and more attacking options then you'l see modric in a whole new light

right now i am very happy with the way modric plays. not so happy with our teams form though

i dont want to lose modric at all, i want to add to him

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7684647/

Sandro attracting interest

Tottenham chief executive Darren Eales admits the club have received offers for midfield enforcer Sandro, but insists AC Milan are not in the hunt.

Reports in Italy had claimed that reigning Serie A champions Milan were planning a summer swoop for Sandro.

The Brazilian midfielder is tied to a long-term contract at White Hart Lane, but he has struggled to hold down a regular role.

The 23-year-old has made just 12 Premier League starts this season, sparking rumours that he could be lured away from North London once the transfer window re-opens.

Eales has confirmed that approaches have been made, but he is adamant that Milan are not among the interested parties.

"I have read the rumours, but Sandro will not be going to AC Milan," he told tuttomercatoweb.com.

"We have not had any contact with them, so these reports are without foundation.

"We have had other offers for him, but not from Italy and not from AC Milan."

Why isnt Eales saying that Sandro is not for sale?:-k

anyway, i see Kalou has been linked in the papers this morning, on a free transfer

Two predictions:

1. Luka will go to Manyoo this Summer.

2. Sandro will play 300 games in the middle for one of Europe's giants - RM, Barca, Milan - at some point in his career.

How many match-winning performances or games where he produced magic to win the game for us can you count? Especially in those were our strikers were mis-firing so we could rely on the midfiled to produce the goods like in most top teams. Isn't that what x1.5 Fabregas should buy you at the very least?

I'd rate Modric as 7 out of 10 this season. Keeps the ball ticking over in midfield with his short passes and movement but he hasn't shown the range of long passing plus composure in front of goal as the really top midfielders like Xavi, Scholes and Alonso do. Whilst it would be a bit of a gripe to have to re-jig our midfield again, if someone bids ?ú40m for him again in the summer I'd say take the money tbh.

I'd give him 6.5 at a push with 5 games which can change that up to a 7.5 depending on performances

I would agree with that. I think in the earlier part of the season he would for me be around 7.5/8 taking into consideration how it could have gone in relation to his desire to move away.

I think that since christmas he has been pretty average, around a 6 tbh.

[h=1]Van der Vaart plotting Eredivise return[/h] April 19, 2012

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Tottenham attacker Rafael van der Vaart has revealed he expects to play in his native Netherlands again before the end of his career as he feels "an obligation" to do so.
ajaxrafaelvandervaart20030408_275x155.jpg
PA PhotosRafael van der Vaart started his career with Ajax after progressing through the club's famed youth academy

Van der Vaart, 29, has two years remaining on his current deal at White Hart Lane, having joined the club from Real Madrid in 2010.
But the Dutchman does not see his long-term future at Spurs as he would like to return to his homeland to bring the curtain down on his playing career in the Eredivise.
"I see it as an obligation to play football once again in the Netherlands," Van der Vaart told Voetbal International.
"I have a feeling I have to give something back to the Eredivisie, for what it has meant to me."
Having started his career at Ajax, Van der Vaart last played in the Netherlands in 2005 - before leaving for Bundelsiga outfit Hamburg.
He has played 28 league games for Tottenham this season, scoring nine goals and providing five assists.

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Tottenham attacker Rafael van der Vaart has revealed he expects to play in his native Netherlands again before the end of his career as he feels "an obligation" to do so.
PA PhotosRafael van der Vaart started his career with Ajax after progressing through the club's famed youth academy

Van der Vaart, 29, has two years remaining on his current deal at White Hart Lane, having joined the club from Real Madrid in 2010.
But the Dutchman does not see his long-term future at Spurs as he would like to return to his homeland to bring the curtain down on his playing career in the Eredivise.
"I see it as an obligation to play football once again in the Netherlands," Van der Vaart told Voetbal International.
"I have a feeling I have to give something back to the Eredivisie, for what it has meant to me."
Having started his career at Ajax, Van der Vaart last played in the Netherlands in 2005 - before leaving for Bundelsiga outfit Hamburg.
He has played 28 league games for Tottenham this season, scoring nine goals and providing five assists.

Wouldn't want to see him go, as I still feel with another coach (ie new fitness/nutrition team, hopefully, as I am sure he has magnesium/calcium deficiencies which are pulling in his muscles, same with parker, they should all be having hair mineral analysis and custom diet plans based on the report, I don't believe for a second we do this), he could easily be PFA player of the season next season (not sayng he would, just he has the potential if fit and utilised to his best effect for the team).

However, if he wants to go we'd need to get a good swap out of him otherwise no dutch club would pay what Levy would want (Vertonghen swap would be OK maybe).

It's difficult because he's an enigma, I think selling Modric (should we do so) might see Rafa flourish and allow proper wing-strikers if we put two solid CM's next to him (I'm liking the sigurdsen idea based on us going this way, he could rotate in and out with sandro, parker, huddlestone adding more goals to the midfield, as hudd will hopefully, if he can beat his injury and come back strong he is at an age where it could all come together for him and become a 10+ a season creative midfielder), then a Remy or Affellay (if he scores enough, we need a high scoring wing-striker if we can again IMO) for the right.

I'd like us to be like Saudi Sportswashing Machine this summer, they are using the moneyball method it seems and have turned Andy Carol into Cabaye, Ba, Cisse, Santon and ?ú15M or so profit! Incredible that. Could we sell Modric for ?ú35M then buy Sigurdsen, Vertonghen, Remy, Ba (or the best of their type we can get, don't watch enough european footi to know who they are) and come out with ?ú10M or so spend IMO we enhance the team massively, we can probably even sell fringe players for the ?ú10M (I'm sure Everton are going to want Pienaar that should be half of it)

Though we'll probably buy Ba for ?ú7M his knee will explode, Toon will buy Affellay for ?ú4M and he'll score 20 and have 20 assists next season!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7684647/

Sandro attracting interest

Tottenham chief executive Darren Eales admits the club have received offers for midfield enforcer Sandro, but insists AC Milan are not in the hunt.

Reports in Italy had claimed that reigning Serie A champions Milan were planning a summer swoop for Sandro.

The Brazilian midfielder is tied to a long-term contract at White Hart Lane, but he has struggled to hold down a regular role.

The 23-year-old has made just 12 Premier League starts this season, sparking rumours that he could be lured away from North London once the transfer window re-opens.

Eales has confirmed that approaches have been made, but he is adamant that Milan are not among the interested parties.

"I have read the rumours, but Sandro will not be going to AC Milan," he told tuttomercatoweb.com.

"We have not had any contact with them, so these reports are without foundation.

"We have had other offers for him, but not from Italy and not from AC Milan."

That's Sandro off then

That's Sandro off then

Depends whether the next coach fancies him, if whoever comes in says 'Sandro, you start next season level with all the midfielders and I expect your talent to make you important to me' then tells him how the english game is easily the best for his development etc I think he'd want to stay. He looked tinkled off in the bench for the semi, who wouldn't though?

I'd like us to be like Saudi Sportswashing Machine this summer, they are using the moneyball method it seems and have turned Andy Carol into Cabaye, Ba, Cisse, Santon and ?ú15M or so profit! Incredible that. Could we sell Modric for ?ú35M then buy Sigurdsen, Vertonghen, Remy, Ba (or the best of their type we can get, don't watch enough european footi to know who they are) and come out with ?ú10M or so spend IMO we enhance the team massively, we can probably even sell fringe players for the ?ú10M (I'm sure Everton are going to want Pienaar that should be half of it)

Though we'll probably buy Ba for ?ú7M his knee will explode, Toon will buy Affellay for ?ú4M and he'll score 20 and have 20 assists next season!

Agree with the Saudi Sportswashing Machine bit i really think we could do well to look at players just below the ones that are valued at 20m, go for the 10m range.

By ESPNsoccernet staff

This is a regurgitated old old story, he said it a while ago.

Depends whether the next coach fancies him, if whoever comes in says 'Sandro, you start next season level with all the midfielders and I expect your talent to make you important to me' then tells him how the english game is easily the best for his development etc I think he'd want to stay. He looked tinkled off in the bench for the semi, who wouldn't though?

Have to agree with this, when we signed Parker it was always going to hinder Sandros progress, if we keep him i am sure the new manager will play him.

Back