• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

It'll be interesting what happens when they hit a bad run of form. United handled de Gea's wobbles well earlier this season but the other clubs have weaker back up. I think that the test of a keeper is what happens when they hit the yips and what they are like afterwards.

depends whether the press like those clubs, they never allowed gomes or robinson to come back from their bad spells, keepers at other clubs are allowed to make mistakes

Main priority in this coming transfer window is new right back (if Corluka isn't coming back), new left back and a new centre half to partner Dawson. As well as a striker up top that can actually finish chances. Walker & Kaboul are massively over rated right now, and both poor defenders. I'd cash in. Ekotto unfortunately is just over rated by our fans, and we wouldn't get much for him. I'd get rid anyway.

I would say our main priority are two strikers first and foremost

Main priority in this coming transfer window is new right back (if Corluka isn't coming back), new left back and a new centre half to partner Dawson. As well as a striker up top that can actually finish chances. Walker & Kaboul are massively over rated right now, and both poor defenders. I'd cash in. Ekotto unfortunately is just over rated by our fans, and we wouldn't get much for him. I'd get rid anyway.

A second look at this post and I now question either your sanity or your sobriety. It is a good thing Levy is not influenced by fans when it comes to signing players because sometimes they talk complete and utter gonads.

Last edited:
(1)10/10 effort, 0/10 for content. The "downward spiral" , seriously (2)have you supported spurs for one year. (3)Vdv out? a player of great quality who busts his guts out for the team and has genuine pedigree and on top of all that, actually finds the wonky showers in the training ground endearing as opposed to appalling. (4)Realistically we're not gonna be competing at the top level until we can financially with a new ground. (5)The results have been crap recently but the amount of bial some people on this board are spouting is over the top

(1)Thank you

(2)No

(3)Yes. Tell me where he fits in with a Rogers' 4-3-3. He's not mobile enough to be in midfield and not quick enough to play out wide right. I'd rather Gio in that spot to be honest. Plus he's the only starter we could sell to bring in some cash to buy Hazard without hurting the team too much. Hazard>VdV. If we don't get him in and Rogers isn't our manager then I'd say your right, keep him.

(4)By top level do you mean 3rd/4th? If so agree to disagree. Sure the manchester clubs will blow us away spending wise, but Chelsea has proven this year that doesn't always work.

(5)Was obviously a bit dramatic with my delivery in the last post...

I really have begun to fancy Rogers quite a bit. I would love it if Spurs began to play as fearless and disciplined as Swansea do atm. With our skill it could equal the difference in "just top 4" and 1st. We've got it good don't we. COYS

depends whether the press like those clubs, they never allowed gomes or robinson to come back from their bad spells, keepers at other clubs are allowed to make mistakes

I don't think it's down to the press. De Gea got loads of poor press earlier this season, every arsenal goalie has been laughed at. It just seems to me that we haven't been very good at the mental aspect of improving our goalkeepers. It really is about how you deal with the disappointment of making mistakes, Gomes dealt horribly with those mistakes and whatever we did to help him didn't work.

We can bring back Naughton who can cover both full back positions, I think we should sign Vertonghen who can also cover the left back position. I think spending a lot of money on what will most likely only be a marginal upgrade on Ekotto and Walker would be ridiculous with the weaknesses we have in other positions and in depth.

In terms of keepers, I wouldn't mind if we kept going down the Friedel route. Someone like Given or even better Howard. The latter seems very vocal too (awaits the tourrettes jokes).

Maybe keeper is a position where experience really does count?

I wouldn't mind this either. It's not ideal, but if the right keeper for the right price isn't available someone with experience, someone level headed that can help bring (/keep) stability at the back would be fine.

Although I'm not a big fan of Given, great shot stopper, but not great at much else.

I'm also not convinced about Vorm, he has a lot of good things about him, but he seems very poor at dealing with crosses. Both the goals Ade headed in against Swansea were at point blank range and Vorm was nowhere near it. We already have a somewhat short team and aren't great at defending set plays, Vorm would make that worse.

In terms of keepers, I wouldn't mind if we kept going down the Friedel route. Someone like Given or even better Howard. The latter seems very vocal too (awaits the tourrettes jokes).

Maybe keeper is a position where experience really does count?

GK: Vorm

RB: Kyle Walker
CB: Michael Dawson
CB: Caulker
LB: Leighton Baines

CM: Tom Huddlestone
CM: Scott Parker

RAM: Luis Nani
CAM: Rafael Van Der Vaart
LAM: Gareth Bale

ST: Fernando LLorente

Swap Modric for Luis Antonio Valencia + ?ú20mill from Man Utd.

Are Luis Nani and Luis Antonio Valencia the same person? And why would either of them move from regular first team football with United to us?

Did you watch the FA-cup semi final yesterday? Did you watch Baines get ripped apart by Stuart Downing? Downing just skipped past him with ease, I'm sure those on this board that don't rate Ekotto would be slating him if he put that kind of a performance in. Yet we should spend probably ?ú12-15m on bringing in Baines?

Not convinced by Vorm either like I said in my previous post.

I agree with Llorente though, that would be a great signing I think.

Leandro Damiao has not yet received any offers from Italy but has had a proposal from Spurs, the Brazil striker's agent has revealed.

The Internacional forward is thought to be keen to move to Europe during the summer transfer window and has been linked with a number of Serie A clubs.

Despite speculation suggesting the 22-year-old could be on his way to Napoli, Inter Milan or Juventus, agent Vinicius Prattes is still waiting for them to get in touch.

'There's nothing official from the Italian clubs, just rumours,' he told CalcioMercatoWeb.

Asked whether Tottenham had made an offer, the agent added: 'Yes, and Paris Saint-Germain.

'I think there are options for him to go to Europe in the summer and play at a big club.'

Spurs made a bid for Damiao in January, but it failed because the player was happy to stay at Internacional, where he has a contract that runs until 2016.

He recently indicated he is now ready to move on, but Spurs are likely to face strong competition for the ?ú25million-rated star's signature. As well as PSG and the Italian clubs, Manchester United, Woolwich and Barcelona are rumoured to be keen on Damiao.

Tottenham Hotspur have identified Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 25, as the man to replace 40-year-old goalkeeper Brad Friedel next season.
Full story: Metro

Leandro Damiao has not yet received any offers from Italy but has had a proposal from Spurs, the Brazil striker's agent has revealed.

The Internacional forward is thought to be keen to move to Europe during the summer transfer window and has been linked with a number of Serie A clubs.

Despite speculation suggesting the 22-year-old could be on his way to Napoli, Inter Milan or Juventus, agent Vinicius Prattes is still waiting for them to get in touch.

'There's nothing official from the Italian clubs, just rumours,' he told CalcioMercatoWeb.

Asked whether Tottenham had made an offer, the agent added: 'Yes, and Paris Saint-Germain.

'I think there are options for him to go to Europe in the summer and play at a big club.'

Spurs made a bid for Damiao in January, but it failed because the player was happy to stay at Internacional, where he has a contract that runs until 2016.

He recently indicated he is now ready to move on, but Spurs are likely to face strong competition for the ?ú25million-rated star's signature. As well as PSG and the Italian clubs, Manchester United, Woolwich and Barcelona are rumoured to be keen on Damiao.

He's no Louis Saha

i don't think Goalkeeper is a pressing concern at the moment - if we have scouted someone and they are available then sure get them in - but we don't need to be rushing out in a panic as Friedel is more than capable of playing at least another season in the prem as first choice, yes he's old but not once have i watched a game and thought that it is restricting him in any way

Back