• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

The departure of Liverpool's Head of Sports Medicine/Science Peter Brukner today has been met with shock by some at Anfield. Brought in by Purslow after Benitez demanded a better medical dept, he was credited with the club now having best fitness stats in PL. Described by 1 senior source as one of LFC's "few employees of truly global standing-but never fitted in more 'traditional' Dalglish regime".

Eh, cheeky bid please Mr. L!

The departure of Liverpool's Head of Sports Medicine/Science Peter Brukner today has been met with shock by some at Anfield. Brought in by Purslow after Benitez demanded a better medical dept, he was credited with the club now having best fitness stats in PL. Described by 1 senior source as one of LFC's "few employees of truly global standing-but never fitted in more 'traditional' Dalglish regime".

Dalglish is getting is his wish. Liverpool are being stripped of their last vestiges of modernity, to return to the old 80's boot-room heyday. Pretty sure we'll see a man with a bucket and a 'magic sponge' replace the physios behind the bench now. Wow. I actually feel slightly sorry for them, the self-delusional bastards. Nobody deserves to be ripped apart and turned to brick by their living idol.

Utd coach confirms Hazard chase

Ferguson eyes up move for Lille ace

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: April 13, 2012 7:50am

Hazard is being chased by a host of clubs across Europe, with the Belgium international expected to leave Lille in the summer.

United, Emirates Marketing Project and Tottenham have all watched the schemer in action as they weigh up moves for Hazard at the end of the season.

Hazard has previously admitted he was flattered by United's reported interest in his services and now Meulensteen has confirmed the 21-year-old is highly thought of at Old Trafford.

"The manager wanted to see (Eden) Hazard by himself. That's a sign he thinks it's an interesting player. We talked a lot about him," Meulensteen told Voetbal International.

Special talent

"For a club it's important that you keep refreshing your squad.

"Hazard is a special talent, but it always takes a while. As (an) example, we followed David de Gea for a long time before we got him.

"Ferguson wants to know the character of the player. Because of that he's going to look himself for players. Hazard is 'the man' at Lille. Ferguson wanted to see if that had an influence on him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7669096/Utd-coach-confirms-Hazard-chase

Spurs watched North East stars

Redknapp decided to stick with Defoe and Van der Vaart

Last Updated: April 12, 2012 1:05pm

The White Hart Lane boss claims his scouts were watching the pair in the past, but they were not considered to be better players than the likes of Jermain Defoe and Rafael van der Vaart.

Former Spurs striker Roman Pavlyuchenko was another reason why Redknapp decided not to spend money on Sessegnon, previously at Paris Saint Germain, and former Marseille man Ben Arfa.

But the Tottenham manager is an admirer, as he is quoted as saying by London24: "We could have had Sessegnon at one time, I think.

"The people who work for me weren't really convinced at the time. They were watching him and they didn't feel that he was any better than what we had, in all honesty.

Problem

"We still had Pavlyuchenko here, and Defoe. But he is a talent, there's no doubt about that, a really good player in behind the striker.

"The boy at Saudi Sportswashing Machine's a good player as well, he's a talent, Ben Arfa. He's similar, another good little dribbler.

"We probably could have had him as well, but you can't take everyone can you? You end up with dozens of players hanging around, and we've got good players here anyway so he might not have got in our team.

"Do I regret not taking Sessegnon? Not really. He's a good little player, but I've got Van der Vaart. You're just going to cause yourself a bigger problem.

"Rafa plays there, really, in behind the striker, and he's not going to be happy sitting around and not playing.

"Rafa scores goals and makes goals. He's a top player, so you can't just say, 'oh I'll have him, and him'. Some football clubs end up with too many and all you have is problems."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7667317/Spurs-watched-North-East-stars

Spurs reject QPR bid for starlet

Rangers fail with offer for Tottenham youngster

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: April 11, 2012 5:00pm

Tottenham Hotspur have rejected a bid from Queens Park Rangers for midfield starlet Alex Pritchard, Sky Sports understands.

Pritchard has come through the ranks of Spurs' highly acclaimed academy after joining the club aged just 10.

Still only 18, Pritchard has become a prominent member of Spurs' development side.

He has also already been involved with the first-team having been on the bench for their Europa League game against PAOK in September.

Pritchard is out-of-contract in the summer and although Spurs are keen to keep him, a number of clubs are believed to be tracking his progress.

One of those is QPR and they have indeed gone as far as lodging a bid with Spurs, which Sky Sports understands was rejected.

Even though Pritchard is out-of-contract in the summer Spurs would be due compensation no matter as he is under 23.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7665725/Spurs-reject-QPR-bid-for-starlet

Seems to be over to Tamas Kadar. I thought he could make it when you signed him.

Talented kid, looked good when he got games in the Championship which is over 2 years ago now but he had has an awful injury record and has a poor attitude which hasn't been tolerated by Pardew.

Redknapp decided to stick with Defoe and Van der Vaart

Last Updated: April 12, 2012 1:05pm

The White Hart Lane boss claims his scouts were watching the pair in the past, but they were not considered to be better players than the likes of Jermain Defoe and Rafael van der Vaart.

Former Spurs striker Roman Pavlyuchenko was another reason why Redknapp decided not to spend money on Sessegnon, previously at Paris Saint Germain, and former Marseille man Ben Arfa.

But the Tottenham manager is an admirer, as he is quoted as saying by London24: "We could have had Sessegnon at one time, I think.

"The people who work for me weren't really convinced at the time. They were watching him and they didn't feel that he was any better than what we had, in all honesty.

Problem

"We still had Pavlyuchenko here, and Defoe. But he is a talent, there's no doubt about that, a really good player in behind the striker.

"The boy at Saudi Sportswashing Machine's a good player as well, he's a talent, Ben Arfa. He's similar, another good little dribbler.

"We probably could have had him as well, but you can't take everyone can you? You end up with dozens of players hanging around, and we've got good players here anyway so he might not have got in our team.

"Do I regret not taking Sessegnon? Not really. He's a good little player, but I've got Van der Vaart. You're just going to cause yourself a bigger problem.

"Rafa plays there, really, in behind the striker, and he's not going to be happy sitting around and not playing.

"Rafa scores goals and makes goals. He's a top player, so you can't just say, 'oh I'll have him, and him'. Some football clubs end up with too many and all you have is problems."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7667317/Spurs-watched-North-East-stars

Hmmmm, some of that seems a bit departed. "You end up with dozens of players hanging around"... or, you end up with a squad that has good cover for every position! Ben Arfa would be a great player to challenge Lennon for RM, and Sessegnon would be a great player to backup VDV and Bale. (Neither Lennon or VDV have started 30 PL games for us in their time here). In fairness we did have Niko and Pienaar, so maybe Sessegnon isn't necessary, but then Harry doesn't seem to trust or favour either of them as backup for VDV.

deflecting the blame again. It would be great if he also took a bit of responsibility at times, ok the scouts werent convinced but maybe he also wasnt convinced either. Just say it.

He does it ever so often though!

What the fudge is the point of mentioning we 'looked' at some players? Does it make him look good in the transfer market? Are we supposed to feel better about it?

It doesn't matter now - we missed out so let's move on.

deflecting the blame again. It would be great if he also took a bit of responsibility at times, ok the scouts werent convinced but maybe he also wasnt convinced either. Just say it.

Or perhaps Redknapp should follow the lead of most managers and stop continuously talking about other teams' players? Even when its not a transfer window for gods sake. Its completely unnecessary.

Did he actually go and watch them? If it only got as far as the scouts and the scouts said "don't bother going to watch them" and he doesn't, then that is the scout's responsibility.

Most people had written Ben Arfa off anyway, I'm not going to spit feathers over anything like that.

Who is Douglas and what position does he play? Strengths?Weaknesses?

If he's so good why arent we in for him?

Back