• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I do get the feeling that since Wenger took over Arsenal, all the potential young talents have gone to Arsenal academy rather than us. You can't blame them as Wenger does have a proven track record when it comes to nurturing young talents. It is no coincidence that King came through our academy before Wenger came to Arsenal.

Such as whom? Ashley Cole apart who makes up this proven track record of nurtured young local (or even British) talent that keeps falling off the Arsenal production line? Gibbs? Jack Wheelchair? but for all our Jonny Jackson's there are all the Alialialidares kicking around the lower leagues after their much vaunted 'Young Gun' Carling Cup runs. Oxlade & Walcott were products of the Southampton Academy, Ramsey from Welshlands somewhere. He spots decent young talent but there is an argument that he has actually hindered Walcott's progression amongst others.

having time on my hands here is a list (as far as I can determine) of ALL the British Talent that Wenger has nurtured (in the last 15 years) that have played more than 20 games for them:

Stuart Taylor (26)
Ashley Cole (217)
Justin Hoyte (50)
Sol Campbell (209)
Kieron Gibbs (59)
Aaron Ramsey (59)
Theo Walcott (139)
Jack Wheelchair (51)

Of 76 players who have played for Arsenal more than 20 times in the last 15 years only 4 of them are nurtured homegrown youth. What a record!!

That isn't to say our record is better but just think Wenger is more media myth in this department than fact.

looks like Adam Johnson will be available this summer. Too good not to have a nibble at

reports in the media that Mancini has decided to get rid. Once these things come out, they usually end up being true

chelseas shopping list

article-2128432-128DF38A000005DC-670_634x459.jpg

Such as whom? Ashley Cole apart who makes up this proven track record of nurtured young local (or even British) talent that keeps falling off the Arsenal production line? Gibbs? Jack Wheelchair? but for all our Jonny Jackson's there are all the Alialialidares kicking around the lower leagues after their much vaunted 'Young Gun' Carling Cup runs. Oxlade & Walcott were products of the Southampton Academy, Ramsey from Welshlands somewhere. He spots decent young talent but there is an argument that he has actually hindered Walcott's progression amongst others.

having time on my hands here is a list (as far as I can determine) of ALL the British Talent that Wenger has nurtured (in the last 15 years) that have played more than 20 games for them:

Stuart Taylor (26)
Ashley Cole (217)
Justin Hoyte (50)
Sol Campbell (209)
Kieron Gibbs (59)
Aaron Ramsey (59)
Theo Walcott (139)
Jack Wheelchair (51)

Of 76 players who have played for Arsenal more than 20 times in the last 15 years only 4 of them are nurtured homegrown youth. What a record!!

That isn't to say our record is better but just think Wenger is more media myth in this department than fact.

how did you decide on that list if i may ask? what of bentley, landsbury, gilbert
.......i take it people like that didnt make the 20 game mark?

interesting stat though i must say

I'd prefer Hoilett to Albrighton - more of a goal threat and technically superior it seems. Hazard first choice nonetheless

To be honest most teams struggling down there have a winger I'd be happy to take on to rotate with Bale Lennon.

Hoillet, Jarvis, Moses, Albrighton would all be useful acquisitions in my opinion.

i cant imagine having a player that has a name so close to toilet...not good

To be honest most teams struggling down there have a winger I'd be happy to take on to rotate with Bale Lennon.

Hoillet, Jarvis, Moses, Albrighton would all be useful acquisitions in my opinion.

Stick Dyer in there too, no point mentioning some average players and missing others out.

Back