• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

We're completely different to Emirates Marketing Project. If Dzeko was receiving the sort of delivery that our wings can provide then you would see a much more consistent player, 100% nailed on. To be honest, the way Emirates Marketing Project play football they bypass him a lot of the time and don't really play to his strengths. Truth be told, they are better off building their play around Aguerro.

The biggest concern I would have with Dzeko is one of the biggest strengths of Adebayor, getting around the pitch.

I dont think we can play in such a way that we keep a striker between the 18 yard lins knocking them in, Adebayors roaming and workrate has been integral to our improvement this year - honestly Im not sure we could cope especially well without it...

No one here has said Dzeko will be an instant, unstoppable success at Spurs, merely that he would be a decent alternative to Ade should he turn out to be too expensive. I myself prefer Ade over Dzeko, because, like I said, better the devil you know. But I'm not going to write Dzeko off as completely useless, and I'm struggling to understand why you would do so. He's better than all our strikers bar Ade, in my opinion.

Look at my post comparing other players strike rates, why didnt you look at them, but look at Dzeko ? Worse strike rate, should be scoring more in a team that has spent more than a small country and was once voted in the top 30 in europe. It's the fancy name, isnt it. It's sucked you in.

Look at my post comparing other players strike rates, why didnt you look at them, but look at Dzeko ? Worse strike rate, should be scoring more in a team that has spent more than a small country and was once voted in the top 30 in europe. It's the fancy name, isnt it. It's sucked you in.

I think it had more to do with the fact that he was the top scorer in one of the toughest leagues in Europe, was his club's top league goalscorer before his move to City and had to make do with a rotation role at Eastlands, competing with Balotelli, Aguero and even Tevez at times for a first-team spot. Plus the fact that he was voted one of the 30 best players in Europe by a bunch of knowledgeable people. Grant Holt has never been voted into the top 30 best players in Europe. Neither has Yakubu. Neither, for that matter, have Defoe or Saha. So yeah, all those things.

And yes, a bit of the name as well. Because 'Edin Dzeko' is such a devilishly attractive name, don't you know.;)

oh yes, and the fact that nearly every team he's had to play against has tried to crowd out City's attacks and defend for their lives, because after all , they were playing City. Holt, Yakubu et al don't have that problem.

That old chestnut, play him in the Spurs team with our sort of delivery he will score much more lol. Have you seen how many chances we create in games and our conversion rate ?

No it's because I probably watched him in about 20 games whilst he played in Germany and he is suited to our football. I've watched him play when he had a system built around him and Graffite and they were unstoppable. Much in the same way that Berbatov was an excellent footballer in a Spurs shirt.

Having changed to a one up top system, I still think he would suit our style of play. I've seen with my own eyes our complete inability to score from the crosses put in by Bale and Lennon and even Rose and Walker, at times it is an absolute sin. To the point where Bale has actually stopped playing balls across the face of goal as there is nobody ever there to capitalise on it.

Dzeko, despite struggling to adapt initially and, imo, not being suited to their style of play, is still a 1 in 3 scorer for Emirates Marketing Project and is only 6 behind Aguerro for combined goals and assists and has a 1 in 2 in the league this season. He would be an asset to Spurs. He'd score more than Adebayour but probably work less. Considering Adebayour is almost certainly not going to be able to agree terms with us in the summer, yeah, he'd be a good alternative.

The only problem being that Emirates Marketing Project will be asking for a stupid amount of money, so the point is moot anyway.

I would rather have Dzeko than Ade but it's close.

Dzeko's scored 85 goals in the last 4 seasons.
Adebayor has only scored 61.

Dzeko's has scored 28 goals and 30 goals in 2 successive Bundesliga seasons.
Adebayor's highest total is 29 goals and 20 goals - both for Arsenal.

I prefer Dzeko because he isn't much of a trouble maker when compared to Ade and his finishing is much more clinical than Ade's.

* Before Bundesliga is easier to score. - Santa Cruz did nothing in the Bundesliga and he tore up the Prem.

The biggest concern I would have with Dzeko is one of the biggest strengths of Adebayor, getting around the pitch.

I dont think we can play in such a way that we keep a striker between the 18 yard lins knocking them in, Adebayors roaming and workrate has been integral to our improvement this year - honestly Im not sure we could cope especially well without it...

I don't disagree mate, but the honest truth is that Adebayour will most likely be on the move as we cannot afford him without Oil Money Subsidy.

Bilic reveals Prem dream

Croatian eyeing management job in English top-flight

Last Updated: April 3, 2012 9:57am

The 43-year-old's contract with the Croatian Federation is due to expire after this summer's European Championship in Poland and Ukraine.

Former West Ham and Everton defender Bilic insists he is focused on the upcoming tournament but says the English top-flight would be an ideal destination when he eventually decides to take on a new challenge.

Opportunity

"One day I would love - love, not like - to manage a club," he told the Daily Telegraph.

"And the Premier League is the league in the world that any manager would jump at the opportunity to work in.

"I watch the Premier League all the time, not only because my players are playing here but it's the most attractive league in Europe."

While Bilic is keen to move into club management, the former Croatia international has not ruled out staying with his native side beyond this summer

if they offer him a new deal.

"It's my dream to have a successful Euros and maybe, maybe leave after that," he added.

"I would love to have a great championship and then I am open to working elsewhere if that is what is the best for everyone.

"The situation is that my contract expires at the end of the championships.

"It would be a good time to go if that was right. If the Croatian FA wants me to stay then of course I will talk to them but I am open to talking to clubs as well."

Bilic claims clubs from around Europe have previously made offers for his signature but he never felt the time was right to leave.

Options

He said: "To be fair, I have had a lot of options during the past five years but I have never wanted to leave.

"I showed respect to the clubs and talked to them. I didn't negotiate but I talked to them - and I talked to some national teams but I decided to stay with Croatia, with my country, and do the job that I love.

"I don't regret a thing and I would do the same again. But I'm very interested to work in a club. I see myself more as a club manager than as an international coach. Although this job, for me, was the best ever because I am the national coach of my country."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/13950/7647685/Bilic-reveals-Prem-dream

I prefer Dzeko because he isn't much of a trouble maker when compared to Ade and his finishing is much more clinical than Ade's.

* Before Bundesliga is easier to score. - Santa Cruz did nothing in the Bundesliga and he tore up the Prem.

have you considered taking into account the the leagues they play in?

how many goals has dzeko got in the last season and half?

What trouble has Ade caused here? Infact any "trouble" he has caused in his career has been blown way out of proportion. Dzeko's a better finisher than Ade but that's not the ONLY thing you have to look at. Dzeko adds nothing to City's general play, he's not particularly quick, his touch/control aren't great, can look like a complete donkey at times and it's no surprise to me that City's best results have come when he's not in the side.

And Wriggly, can you stop with this fancy name rubbish? Brendan Rodgers is hardly the most exotic of names yet many on here are in favour of him while you want a any old stylish Continental type with a nice coat, it works both ways.

Ade is so much more suited to our style of play, which is based around pace and attacking movement. Dzeko, whilst big, strong and a reasonably good finisher, isn't fast enough and doesn't cover as much ground as Ade. At best I'd see Dzeko as Pavlyuchenko with a bit more physical presence and technical ability. You could argue that Pav scored some important goals for us so that would be a good signing, but not for the kind of money that would be involved. You think Ade is on high wages? Can't see Dzeko being on any lower.

Ade is so much more suited to our style of play, which is based around pace and attacking movement. Dzeko, whilst big, strong and a reasonably good finisher, isn't fast enough and doesn't cover as much ground as Ade. At best I'd see Dzeko as Pavlyuchenko with a bit more physical presence and technical ability. You could argue that Pav scored some important goals for us so that would be a good signing, but not for the kind of money that would be involved. You think Ade is on high wages? Can't see Dzeko being on any lower.

Unfair on his engine. Dzeko has proven to be 10 times the team player that Pav was. Not many strikers will show the work rate of Adebayor... Adebayor never used to have the work rate of Adebayor either. He was one of the laziest fudging footballers I have ever seen at Aresenal at times.

The guy really has had a life changing moment with the Togo bus incident. Credit to him, I think that Ade is a completely different character to the one that played down the road and I'd happily keep him here, I just don't think it'll be possible. Remember, when he left the scum it was because they wouldn't put him on ?ú100k and that was a good few years ago now... Can we pay ?ú100k? How many other players would we have to increase wages for in that case? He might take a drop, but not below the magic ?ú100k barrier I don't think.

I think it'll be interesting seeing what happens next for a lot of Emirates Marketing Project players, where next salary is concerned, not just Ade and Dzeko.

As for our game being based around pace, I don't really agree to be honest. When you look at a lot of our succesful couter attacks, the guys on the end of the ball were actually often Crouch and Pav... two of our slowest players. Just because we monopolise on Bale and Lennon's speed and our ability to shift the ball around at pace, it doesn't necessarily mean that we need a lightning quick striker. In actual fact, Ade gets caught in possession breaking to goal an awful, awful lot and is often beaten in a foot race to the ball. I don't see his pace as being one of his main assets at all actually.

Grant Holt has 14 in 28, Yakubu has 15 in 24, Danny Graham 12 in 25, even the mighty Clint Dempsey has 19 in 39, all world class players with a better strike rate than the fancy named Dzeko playing in teams with the same quality of players around them that bricky has. I know who I'd pick.

It's more accurate to look at goals per Premier League minute than goals per 'game' IMO. In which case: (actually, this is minutes per goal)

Dzeko: 111
Yakubu: 135
Holt: 148
Adebayor:180
Dempsey: 214
Graham: 230

So Dzeko clearly has the best strike rate of the players that you mentioned. Of course stats don't tell the whole picture, but judging by this season alone I think it's fair to argue that Dzeko is a better goalscorer than Adebayor.

HOWEVER Adebayor has got an assist every 196 minutes, compared to 242 for Dzeko, both of which are infinitely better than any of the other aforementioned players.

(Figures are from the PL Fantasy Football website)

What was that stat mentioned in the MOTD highlights commentary v Swansea Sunday night?

Something about Adebayor having the most combined goals and assists or something along those lines.....

What was that stat mentioned in the MOTD highlights commentary v Swansea Sunday night?

Something about Adebayor having the most combined goals and assists or something along those lines.....

Nah RVP and I think Rooney are better according to THFC601's thread on here.

Also, Dzeko has got a goal OR assist every 76 minutes, compared to 94 for Adebayor.

Nah RVP and I think Rooney are better according to THFC601's thread on here.

Also, Dzeko has got a goal OR assist every 76 minutes, compared to 94 for Adebayor.

Ok, well it was definitely something along those lines but can't remember.

A goal or assist per match is a pretty good effort by Adebayor....

I don't disagree mate, but the honest truth is that Adebayour will most likely be on the move as we cannot afford him without Oil Money Subsidy.

Since when? Havent heard a single substantive quote at all.

Plenty of people just writing off the deal due to his unreasonable demands (since when?)

None at all picking up on stories such as in Jan where were allegedly negotiating City down on the fee so we could give Ade a lump sum up front to subsidise his wage.

Seems reasonable to me.

I dont know if we will sign him or not, but I do believe it is entirely possible and to write it off at this point is somewhat hasty.

If anything I imagine it will go down to what interest there is in him. If all the big guns arent breaking down his door I could imagine him very happy to stay

Since when? Havent heard a single substantive quote at all.

Plenty of people just writing off the deal due to his unreasonable demands (since when?)

None at all picking up on stories such as in Jan where were allegedly negotiating City down on the fee so we could give Ade a lump sum up front to subsidise his wage.

Seems reasonable to me.

I dont know if we will sign him or not, but I do believe it is entirely possible and to write it off at this point is somewhat hasty.

If anything I imagine it will go down to what interest there is in him. If all the big guns arent breaking down his door I could imagine him very happy to stay

Read my post above mate. He caused a stink at Arsenal because they wouldn't put him on ?ú100k. Obviously he has grown up a lot since then and there is the potential for signing on bonuses etc. But my own gut feel is we won't be able to bridge the gap.

Back