• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Wouldnt complain if we signed Dzeko in the event that we were unable to bag Ade. Dzeko got bags of goals in Germany and has a great international record as well

Dzeko should also still have scope to improve - just turned 26 in the last couple weeks so probably has another 2-3 years before he reaches his peak

Dzeko needs crosses to play to his potential and City don't do that; They have no natural wingers.

Dzeko's performance at WHL at the start of the season was so bleeding good; I don't even think Messi could come up with a performance like that.

Dzeko needs crosses to play to his potential and City don't do that; They have no natural wingers.

Dzeko's performance at WHL at the start of the season was so bleeding good; I don't even think Messi could come up with a performance like that.

He'll never do it again and hasnt done it again since that day.

Watch Dzeko for City, he gets plenty of crosses and chances to score, he's fudging useless, but like DubaiSpur said, he once scored 4 goals in a match so must be brilliant.

On that logic, Defoe scored 5 at the lane, he should start ahead of Ade.

Yes, but Defoe scored against Wigan. Dzeko scored against Spurs, in what was being billed as a tough away game for City.

(cue jokes about our defending being as bad as Wigan's, etc, etc.)

Plus, was Kezman ever top-scorer in the Bundesliga? Was he ever nominated for the Ballon D'Or? Was he the top scorer in his club's history?

He might well be useless, but he's not nearly as useless as Kezman. As for him getting plenty of chances to score.....

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Just saying...;)

Ph, and he's also got 20 goals in 46 games for City this season, apparently. Not bad for a fudging useless Kezman impersonator, eh?

I'm sorry but Dzeko is certainly not a bad player, he's scored some quality goals this season. If you put him in a team where he played most of the time he'd get you a lot of goals. To call him useless is ridiculous

He's good in the air, and clinical on his day. Does his day come often enough? Personally, don't think so. But then again, Ade's pretty much the same, so perhaps I shouldn't judge him too harshly. Still, if it came to a straight shoot-out between Ade and Dzeko, I know which one I'd pick. Better the devil you know.;)

We're completely different to Emirates Marketing Project. If Dzeko was receiving the sort of delivery that our wings can provide then you would see a much more consistent player, 100% nailed on. To be honest, the way Emirates Marketing Project play football they bypass him a lot of the time and don't really play to his strengths. Truth be told, they are better off building their play around Aguerro.

Yes, but Defoe scored against Wigan. Dzeko scored against Spurs, in what was being billed as a tough away game for City.

(cue jokes about our defending being as bad as Wigan's, etc, etc.)

Plus, was Kezman ever top-scorer in the Bundesliga? Was he ever nominated for the Ballon D'Or? Was he the top scorer in his club's history?

And then Wigan beat Spurs 1-0, so on who scores against who by going on your logic, Defoe's 5 aginst Wigan is better than Dzeko's 4 against Spurs.

Kezman never played in Germany, did Dzeko score over 100 goals in 120 games in Holland ? You are having a laugh about the Ballon D'or now, ffs thats full of mates of mates and some of the most questionable inclusions ever. Carrager ? lol.

Ph, and he's also got 20 goals in 46 games for City this season, apparently. Not bad for a fudging useless Kezman impersonator, eh?

Yeah its not bad, Defoe has 16 and hasnt played anywhere near the same amount of mins as Dzeko and he cant get a game for us regularly. Thats not fudging bad either.

We're completely different to Emirates Marketing Project. If Dzeko was receiving the sort of delivery that our wings can provide then you would see a much more consistent player, 100% nailed on. To be honest, the way Emirates Marketing Project play football they bypass him a lot of the time and don't really play to his strengths. Truth be told, they are better off building their play around Aguerro.

That old chestnut, play him in the Spurs team with our sort of delivery he will score much more lol. Have you seen how many chances we create in games and our conversion rate ?

Do you know what, I'm just sitting here thinking about it. Dzeko is world class, will score lots in our team and is much better than what we have. It's a stick on, he has a fancy name.

And then Wigan beat Spurs 1-0, so on who scores against who by going on your logic, Defoe's 5 aginst Wigan is better than Dzeko's 4 against Spurs.

Kezman never played in Germany, did Dzeko score over 100 goals in 120 games in Holland ? You are having a laugh about the Ballon D'or now, ffs thats full of mates of mates and some of the most questionable inclusions ever. Carrager ? lol.

Well, Dzeko never played in Holland. Come on mate, you're grasping at straws now. Do you really think the Eredivisie is at the same level as the Bundesliga? Scoring in Germany is way harder than scoring in Holland. As for the Ballon D'Or, I find it extremely difficult to believe Carragher had any mates.;) Plus, he was one of only two representatives that year from Germany. The other player? Franck Ribery. And he was one of only seven players from outside England or Spain. Here;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...layers-named-as-2009-Ballon-DOr-nominees.html

I don't know, that list seems pretty fair to me.

No one here has said Dzeko will be an instant, unstoppable success at Spurs, merely that he would be a decent alternative to Ade should he turn out to be too expensive. I myself prefer Ade over Dzeko, because, like I said, better the devil you know. But I'm not going to write Dzeko off as completely useless, and I'm struggling to understand why you would do so. He's better than all our strikers bar Ade, in my opinion.

Grant Holt has 14 in 28, Yakubu has 15 in 24, Danny Graham 12 in 25, even the mighty Clint Dempsey has 19 in 39, all world class players with a better strike rate than the fancy named Dzeko playing in teams with the same quality of players around them that bricky has. I know who I'd pick.

Back