• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Also you keep saying things like revolt and scaremonger. You're throwing the straw man at me, I keep saying, it'll be a calm process, but unstoppable. Think about what growing a bonsai would be like.

Mate, I actually think we need to shift the wage structure up a bracket. But you're being naive if you think that you can break into that sort of bracket and not have ramifications across the board. It will change THFC's position in every negotiation forever after. Agents will ensure that.

We will only break into it when we can, is my point, at which point is it even an issue?

Levy wont mortgage the club or put it at risk, never.

Im not throwing the straw man at you, at least not intentionally, more the amount of airtime this pov gets when honestly I dont believe it is the issue you (and others!) make it out to be.

So we might end up paying more, so what? As you say we are going to have to to compete - and we are competing. CL money, extra sponsorship revenues, TV money will compensate the difference...

We have a few months to secure a deal on Ade's wages. When Mourinho arrives at City he'll want to keep him. If the rumours are true and we have an agreed Transfer fee in the Loan agreement with City then it's just up to Ade signing a contract with us. There's no way he'll want to join if Mourinho wants him at City.

Until we fail to qualify and then...

We are already in a position where we are squirrelling away every penny we can, there isn't a lot of room left. Marquee signing and stadium on the way... How do you shift the entire pay structure up a step as well?

And that, sir, is why I think we will find ourselves once again dissapointed in the summer when Ade doesn't sign. I very much look forward to finding out I am wrong.

Even if we bump our wage structure a bracket (or even two!) it wouldnt meed Adebayors current contract, for him to stay compromise will need to be found somewhere.

Which is why I thought the Jan talk of us ripping Man C off to offer him a golden handshake made sense - work around the wage situation

Nearly epic

563171_10151462569495475_607825474_23945738_714799113_n.jpg

Adebayor will be at malaga anzhi psg etc next season if you think he'll take a pay rise you're naive the mans a mercenary plain and simple if you dont want to admit it fair enough its just the way modern football works these days

Adebayor will be at malaga anzhi psg etc next season if you think he'll take a pay rise you're naive the mans a mercenary plain and simple if you dont want to admit it fair enough its just the way modern football works these days
Nah, I reckon he might agree to one ;)

Adebayor will probably end up at Chelsea, I think he could work well with Torres

Roma and Juventus are both eyeing summer moves for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, who cost the club ?ú22m in January 2011.

Full story: talkSPORT

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has instructed his chief French scout Gilles Grimandi to compile a dossier on Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, who is rated at ?ú50m.

Full story: Daily Mail

Wenger is also set to go head to head with Paris Saint-Germain over the signing of Sunderland striker Stephane Sessegnon.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Saudi Sportswashing Machine target Douglas has told FC Twente boss Steve McClaren that he is ready to quit the Dutch club to pursue his dream of playing in the Premier League. The 24-year-old is also a target for Ajax and Bundesliga side Schalke 04

Full story: The Chronicle

Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero is set to leave the Italian giants in the summer after 19 years at the club. China seems to be his likely destination.

Full story: Goal.com

Emirates Marketing Project striker Sergio Aguero has been urged to sign for Real Madrid in the summer, by his father-in-law Diego Maradona.

Full story: talkSPORT

Aston Villa are set for big changes in the summer with former England striker Emile Heskey expected to lead the exodus out of Villa Park.

Liverpool are keeping close tabs on Fulham forward Moussa Dembele with a view to a summer transfer, as they look to bolster their goal-shy front line.

Full story: Caught Offside

Until we fail to qualify and then...

We are already in a position where we are squirrelling away every penny we can, there isn't a lot of room left. Marquee signing and stadium on the way... How do you shift the entire pay structure up a step as well?

And that, sir, is why I think we will find ourselves once again dissapointed in the summer when Ade doesn't sign. I very much look forward to finding out I am wrong.

Skip the fudging marquee signing. We don't need one as long as we whoever we sign is of the required quality.

Aston Villa are set for big changes in the summer with former England striker Emile Heskey expected to lead the exodus out of Villa Park.

Everything about that sentence must sound depressing to a Villa fan: Big changes! "Brilliant! Yay! At last! Like what?" Getting rid of Emile Heskey. "Oh."

Villa should break the bank on Martinez. He is exactly what they need - youth, freshness, attractive football, a good man-manager. Just inject some bloody life into the cadaver. Give him the money he needs and let him at it.

Villa have been very unluckly with injuries this season

Bent, Jenas, and now Petrov were all massive blows for them. And they could still be relegated!

Gomes eyeing PSV return

PSV chief says it is unlikely they will re-sign keeper

Last Updated: April 3, 2012 4:58pm

The Brazilian, who was in the stands for PSV's 2-0 Eredivisie victory over VVV Venlo on Saturday, joined Spurs from Eindhoven in 2008 after four seasons with the club.

He initially established himself as Tottenham's first-choice keeper but has lost his starting berth to Brad Friedel this season, making just four appearances in all competitions.

Gomes, who has not featured for Harry Redknapp's side since November, is keen to return to the club where he ignited his European career.

"If it's up to me, I would return to PSV right now. However, I'm not the one calling the shots. It all depends on what Tottenham and PSV want," Gomes told ANP.

However, while admitting Gomes is a fans' favourite at PSV, sporting director Marcel Brands says a transfer is unlikely as the club already have a first-choice keeper in Przemyslaw Tyton.

He said: "Gomes is incredibly popular with the fans. I briefly spoke with him, but a return is not an option. We already have Tyton."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7648516/Gomes-eyeing-PSV-return

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has instructed his chief French scout Gilles Grimandi to compile a dossier on Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, who is rated at ?ú50m.

Full story: Daily Mail

:eek:

A quality player doesn't have to cost ?ú20-30 million just to prove a point.

Not at all but usually we are quite careful when spending large amounts (within our context) so previous history would indicate if indeed that sort of fee is entertained - we'd be looking at someone quite special

Back