• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

No, they have been doing a slightly less inspired version of the Moyes 'choke' and relying primarily on Odemwingwe's decent form (who's also been linked with us before and no doubt would be mentioned soon again. Perhaps him and Pogrebnyak are this summer's surprise signings, who knows)

Why do you insist on painting Clodgers as some kind of tactical genius extraordinaire when up to date he has done nothing which hasn't been done before by numerous managers in identical positions to his? Newly promoted team winning a few games and looking to survive the drop. Woo. Hoo. I think those Mourinho quotes are doing him more harm than good.

2 seasons in the PL should be the absolute minimum criteria for any overachieving newly promoted team/manager. And especially one being mentioned as the successor in a team looking to be a regular Top 4 participant.

'Clodgers'? Really? Are you a child?

Ive seen WBA a few times recently and think that you havent, you cant have, as they have played some decent stuff. Certainly not cloggers by any stretch.

When have I ever painted Rodgers as a tactical genuis? Let alone "insist" upon it?

I greatly admire his attitude to management and to football, and genuinely enjoy watching the system his team employs. I think its effective, and I think it is a huge credit that he has managed to achieve this at a backwater club with little to no money at all.

I think it is a terrific achievement and huge credit to Rodgers for it.

For some reason, you find offence in whatever greater meaning you have decided to attach to it. Very strange.

I think the current media love-in for Swansea is to be fair a bit OTT but can't deny he has done something extra there, like turning Leon Britton into Europe's most successful passer, even higher completion rate than Xavi! Arguably he also has "worse" players than Holloway or Brown did, but has made them better through pure coaching.

Absolutely. Now stop insisting he is a tactical genuis, and start calling him "Clodgers" because then you can belittle him under the guise of humour. And never forget Phil Brown is every bit the manager Rodgers is right now...

There is no greater meaning here although you appear obliged to comment at every post taking into question Rogers/Swansea and their tremendous over-rating by both media and fans.

I think the current media love-in for Swansea is to be fair a bit OTT but can't deny he has done something extra there, like turning Leon Britton into Europe's most successful passer, even higher completion rate than Xavi! Arguably he also has "worse" players than Holloway or Brown did, but has made them better through pure coaching.

This is what's impressed me, Hull and Blackpool had a few decent players, Swansea don't really. They have the likes of Gower, Britton, Sinclair, Dyer, Routledge, Graham, etc. who've been among their best performers this year, all failed at the Prem previously or never been good enough at other clubs to get near the Prem. They're getting their results due to the system and style layed out from the manager. I haven't seen much of Swansea at all this season, not even highlights, but I've heard a lot about them, yesterdays performance pretty much lived up to the hype IMO. I always felt confident of the win because our players are better in every position (and by a distance), but they kept us at bay and frustrated us well.

I'd definitely want to see what Swansea do next year before taking a punt on Rodgers though*, but it's an unfair comparison with Brown, Holloway or Coyle. His Swansea team are much better than any of those when player for player they're probably inferior.

*we're prob in a position to not have to take a punt at all, we should be able to attract a good quality proven manager anyway.

Absolutely. Now stop insisting he is a tactical genuis, and start calling him "Clodgers" because then you can belittle him under the guise of humour. And never forget Phil Brown is every bit the manager Rodgers is right now...

Brown's achievements to date are vastly similar in terms of numbers. But the second season can be a long one

Few days ago you asked me to ignore you only to return again today and re-spark. There is a word for that but I rather not say

Hull after 31 games in their first season:

W8 D10 L13 F35 A52 GD-17 Pts34

Compared with Swansea:

W10 D9 L12 F35 A39 GD-4 Pts39

5 points might not seem like that much but 5 points more for Swansea would mean they'd be in the top 7 right now. It wasn't too long ago that we were on a 10 year run without managing to finish that high.

The key difference is they've got an excellent mix of attacking and defensive qualities. They have been praised for playing good football that's easy on the eye, with Sigurdsson, Sinclair and Dyer getting lots of plaudits. But they've also been very solid defensively and difficult to beat at home. Only the two Manchester clubs have kept more clean sheets in the league, that's seriously impressive for a newly promoted side.

It would be a massive gamble to appoint him as our manager after only one season in the Premier League, so what I'd do if I were Levy would be to ask the likes of Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart what they'd think about this. If they're happy with the idea and they'd show him the same respect as a rookie as they've shown to a wiley old dog like Harry, then it's a gamble that could be worth taking.

Spurs are poised to sign Ecuadorian Christian Ramirez for ?ú1.5million when he turns 18.

The attacking left-back, in the Roberto Carlos mould, has been to London to sort out terms and will join from Independiente Jose Teran in the summer.

Ramirez was a stand-out in the Under-17 World Cup and will be over in August on his 18th birthday – under transfer rules the earliest a player can move from South America to Europe.

Do me a favour!

Rodgers - No Spurs audition

Northern Irishman concentrating on Swans

Last Updated: April 1, 2012 9:34pm

The Swans manager has been linked with a number of top Premier League clubs after establishing the South Wales side in the top flight and playing an attractive brand of football.

Despite signing a new three-and-a-half year contract at the Liberty Stadium last month, Rodgers has been heavily linked with a potential job at the North London club, with Harry Redknapp odds on with many bookmakers to take the vacant England manager's position in time for Euro 2012.

Reports have suggested Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been eyeing 39-year-old Rodgers as a potential replacement.

However, the former Reading and Watford manager was quick to explain how happy he is at the Liberty Stadium after the Swans' 3-1 defeat in North London.

"I was only pleased we came here and played," he said.

"We have supporters who are loyal and passionate about their club and spend a fortune travelling to follow us all over the country.

"For us to perform it was for our own needs to gain points and also for them (the fans). It was certainly no audition for me."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/teams/swanseacity

The teenager cannot sign for a European club until he turns 18 in August but Spurs have already made their move.
The London club are also reportedly in pole position to sign Argentinian defender Julian Velazquez as they bid to freshen up their backline.

Bilic - Luka doesn't need move

Croatia boss offers Spurs midfielder advice over future

Last Updated: April 2, 2012 9:21am

Modric, who plays under Bilic at international level, was linked with a move away from White Hart Lane last summer when Chelsea tried to sign him from their capital rivals.

Spurs held firm to keep hold of their influential playmaker but speculation has recently resurfaced and Harry Redknapp admitted over the weekend that Modric could be distracted by talk of a switch to Emirates Marketing Project after Roberto Mancini declared his admiration for the player.

Bilic has held talks with Modric to remind him that there is no need to seek a fresh challenge as a number of great players over the years have had successful careers without leaving Tottenham.

"I have spoken with Luka and I will respect whatever he decides to do," Bilic said in The Sun after watching Modric in action against Swansea on Sunday.

Proud

"But I did say to him he's already at a massive club at Tottenham.

"Everyone knows huge clubs are interested in Luka but what I said was he should not forget how big Tottenham are.

"Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle spent many years here and are proud to have played for this club.

"If he decides to leave then Luka should do it for the right reasons."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7645852/Bilic-Luka-doesn-t-need-move

Bilic - Luka doesn't need move

Croatia boss offers Spurs midfielder advice over future

Last Updated: April 2, 2012 9:21am

Modric, who plays under Bilic at international level, was linked with a move away from White Hart Lane last summer when Chelsea tried to sign him from their capital rivals.

Spurs held firm to keep hold of their influential playmaker but speculation has recently resurfaced and Harry Redknapp admitted over the weekend that Modric could be distracted by talk of a switch to Emirates Marketing Project after Roberto Mancini declared his admiration for the player.

Bilic has held talks with Modric to remind him that there is no need to seek a fresh challenge as a number of great players over the years have had successful careers without leaving Tottenham.

"I have spoken with Luka and I will respect whatever he decides to do," Bilic said in The Sun after watching Modric in action against Swansea on Sunday.

Proud

"But I did say to him he's already at a massive club at Tottenham.

"Everyone knows huge clubs are interested in Luka but what I said was he should not forget how big Tottenham are.

"Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle spent many years here and are proud to have played for this club.

"If he decides to leave then Luka should do it for the right reasons."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7645852/Bilic-Luka-doesn-t-need-move

I've always liked Bilic!

Throwing his hat in the ring for the Spurs job?

No experience at club level management is a big worry, probably too big to make me want to give him the job. Having said that, I've always thought he comes across as a very intelligent manager with some good tactical ideas, and he seems to get the best out of his players. He knows the English game having played here too.

I expect big things of him.

Throwing his hat in the ring for the Spurs job?

No experience at club level management is a big worry, probably too big to make me want to give him the job. Having said that, I've always thought he comes across as a very intelligent manager with some good tactical ideas, and he seems to get the best out of his players. He knows the English game having played here too.

I expect big things of him.

Not until he loses the earing!

A little more information on Ramirez with quotes. Tables shamelessly nicked from Zin as I couldn't be arsed to do my own.

36465.2.jpg

Cristian Ramirez has been compared to former Brazil left-back Roberto Carlos ?® Getty Images

CHRISTIAN RAMIREZ (Independiente del Valle)
Ecuadorian youngster Cristian Ramirez is set to join Spurs for a ten-day trial, having arrived in England after a visa delay.

Ramirez, 17, came to prominence during the 2011 South American Youth Championships as one of the stars of the Ecuadorian side and also played in last year's Under-17 World Cup.

Having made his debut as a 16-year-old, the left-back has already gone on to become a first-team regular at club side Independiente del Valle.

"He went to the British embassy and everything went well," the club's sporting director Santiago Morales told reporters.

Despite reports of a ?ú1.5 million fee having been agreed, Morales was quick to play down suggestions that the clubs have discussed a move.

"At no time has there been talk of a transfer, it is good for him to acclimatise and get the experience of what a Premier League team is," he continued.

"Tottenham have agreed to pay all expenses and his trip will last 10 days."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/144080.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Last edited:
Love it. I wonder if this means Uvini's spell is coming to an end or if they will be playing together in development games.

Back