• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Not sure how many teams are in their league, but if its a small 12 team league they probably need another 150 more players of decent enough quality. Granted they dont all need to be stars but they're still a long way short of challenging the top few European leagues. Even then, I'm not sure how feasible a decent league is there given the temperature will make games turgid and the teams will need subsidising for an eternity...no CL equivalent of any quality, TV money isnt going to be flowing in (internationally at least), I dont see shirt sales being high given locals probably wont wear them and fan bases elsewhere would takes years to build.....
Wouldn't surprise me if that league was invented purely to get around FFP for the clubs where they have a vested interest in Europe.

Don’t think I ever saw it when over there
I’m back in DK in September so will have a look

Sorry my bad they are based in stockholm but bought premier sports (which has the rights in ireland). Not sure if they own the rights for scandanavia.

Edit - yes they have the rights for scandanavia from last season up till 2028. Used to be called the nordic entertainment group.

Yeah, but those can all attract the best of the best, for one offs. Only way they can do that for football, is a World Cup, or a CL final.

Looks like they will bid for the 2030 world cup along with greece and egypt.

Sure some from the middle east or even asia might go to watch ronaldo play.

Sorry my bad they are based in stockholm but bought premier sports (which has the rights in ireland). Not sure if they own the rights for scandanavia.

Edit - yes they have the rights for scandanavia from last season up till 2028. Used to be called the nordic entertainment group.

They also have the rights in Poland too. Used to be on normal TV channels like Polsat or Canal + but last season you could only watch PL on Viaplay.

Not sure how many teams are in their league, but if its a small 12 team league they probably need another 150 more players of decent enough quality. Granted they dont all need to be stars but they're still a long way short of challenging the top few European leagues. Even then, I'm not sure how feasible a decent league is there given the temperature will make games turgid and the teams will need subsidising for an eternity...no CL equivalent of any quality, TV money isnt going to be flowing in (internationally at least), I dont see shirt sales being high given locals probably wont wear them and fan bases elsewhere would takes years to build.....
As @LemonadeMoney said, it's entirely possible that this is a money laundering scheme to get around FFP, at least in part.

The club owners in the Middle East don't need fans, either local or on worldwide TV. We all saw the World Cup audiences seemingly paid to be there. Selling shirts? Not when you've got oil flowing freely out of your arse. It's a huge collective vanity project. Fans would be corralled into certain areas of the stadium with the cameras not allowed to stray anywhere else, I'm sure.

As @LemonadeMoney said, it's entirely possible that this is a money laundering scheme to get around FFP, at least in part.

The club owners in the Middle East don't need fans, either local or on worldwide TV. We all saw the World Cup audiences seemingly paid to be there. Selling shirts? Not when you've got oil flowing freely out of your arse. It's a huge collective vanity project. Fans would be corralled into certain areas of the stadium with the cameras not allowed to stray anywhere else, I'm sure.

Yeh sounds plausible as European football is still the golden ticket to exploit. There can't be no long term vision with them paying huge money to blokes in their 30s for a 12 team league with no platform in a CL level competition to aspire too, especially when you take into consideration that there Middle East is one of the biggest payers for PL rights which means there won't be a real appetite for it. This could be able creating a financial network to prop up the clubs they have investments in whilst building profile for the World Cup bid

Yeh sounds plausible as European football is still the golden ticket to exploit. There can't be no long term vision with them paying huge money to blokes in their 30s for a 12 team league with no platform in a CL level competition to aspire too, especially when you take into consideration that there Middle East is one of the biggest payers for PL rights which means there won't be a real appetite for it. This could be able creating a financial network to prop up the clubs they have investments in whilst building profile for the World Cup bid

The goal will be to expand the FIFA Club World Cup or what that one is that the CL winners play in against the other champions from other continents. Once that expands they could get 2 or 3 Middle East teams in that each time.

The goal will be to expand the FIFA Club World Cup or what that one is that the CL winners play in against the other champions from other continents. Once that expands they could get 2 or 3 Middle East teams in that each time.

They could but thats not really the same as the CL in terms of having a long term profile and platform. I think footballs been established so long in certain leagues that it would take something over 20/30 years to establish something new and I just don't see it happening long term for a new league being established to the standards of others.

Back