• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

The goal will be to expand the FIFA Club World Cup or what that one is that the CL winners play in against the other champions from other continents. Once that expands they could get 2 or 3 Middle East teams in that each time.

It will be every 4 years. 32 teams.

We've seen all this with Saudi before. Remember Russia and particularly Rubin Kazan? Remember China? It wont last 3 years.

Yeh and people will point to them having more money but I don't think it makes a difference, with no major income you would be looking at huge sums to fund the top 6 clubs for long enough for it to take off and seem competitive but there will be little to no interest outside the bubble and they will give up IMO.

Yeh and people will point to them having more money but I don't think it makes a difference, with no major income you would be looking at huge sums to fund the top 6 clubs for long enough for it to take off and seem competitive but there will be little to no interest outside the bubble and they will give up IMO.
But it’s a way to help the other clubs they one
It’s wooden dollars for a country so rich

We've seen all this with Saudi before. Remember Russia and particularly Rubin Kazan? Remember China? It wont last 3 years.

Do you remember Anzhi or whatever they were called? From a random part of Russia they came out of nowhere and were competing for the title and got into Europe and all their players lived and training in Moscow or something and just travelled hours there for the home games. I think I heard they folded recently.

Do you remember Anzhi or whatever they were called? From a random part of Russia they came out of nowhere and were competing for the title and got into Europe and all their players lived and training in Moscow or something and just travelled hours there for the home games. I think I heard they folded recently.

That's who I meant. Anzhi Makhachkala. They bought Roberto Carlos, Samuel Eto'o, Willian. Hiddink came as manager.

But they were from Dagestan, which is a completely ungovernable tribal war zone, bordering Chechnya. So yes - the team were flown in just for matches and kept completely gated-off from the entire region.

Bit different I guess, Rubin was all based on the owner and local government backing that dried up and they got done by FFP, China ended up being blocked by their government pulling the plug on them spending the money the way they were.

Anzhi's owners cut the costs after their splurge also.

Not really sure the Saudi's are going to have those issues?

Bit different I guess, Rubin was all based on the owner and local government backing that dried up and they got done by FFP, China ended up being blocked by their government pulling the plug on them spending the money the way they were.

Anzhi's owners cut the costs after their splurge also.

Not really sure the Saudi's are going to have those issues?

MSL in the 70s was the same. It's just a fallacy to think a veterans league/tribute act show has any sustainability.

Saw him in close quarters at Palace and he is very decent. I would not say he lacks guile, very decent on the ball
He was excellent for Palace. Young with PL experience. He wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm certainly not unhappy to see him linked to us. If the price is right, he could be a very astute signing. But much like Bissouma, there's always a risk.

He was excellent for Palace. Young with PL experience. He wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm certainly not unhappy to see him linked to us. If the price is right, he could be a very astute signing. But much like Bissouma, there's always a risk.

I think he's more a Ross Barkley than a Dele Alli. It's that same physicality, but he doesn't have the finesse of the latter.

I think he's more a Ross Barkley than a Dele Alli. It's that same physicality, but he doesn't have the finesse of the latter.
Quite different players IMO. Barkley was a good player but tended to hold on to the ball for a bit too long (which Gallacher doesn’t do). Despite that I think Barkley still would’ve been a bigger player than he was if it wasn’t for his injury problems.

Back