• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

I agree about present fans in Britain but they are driven by a media who start sack the manager ball rolling after 4 or 5 defeats except if you're Fat Frank.

I think it’s society in general, somehow people have started to believe that their opinions are as valuable as the opinions of experts in any given field. All the while being manipulated into those opinions by other people with agendas. This is amplified by social media algorithms that create massive echo chambers that further entrench those views.

dangerous times

I think it’s society in general, somehow people have started to believe that their opinions are as valuable as the opinions of experts in any given field. All the while being manipulated into those opinions by other people with agendas. This is amplified by social media algorithms that create massive echo chambers that further entrench those views.

dangerous times

It's purposeful. Certain industries have tried to mislead people on science and obfuscate the truth in order to make more money. Cigarettes don't cause cancer, fossil fuels don't cause climate change, sugar doesn't cause obesity, certain pesticides don't get into riversand make people ill... the list goes on. If you don't believe scientists and vote for politicians they own they can keep fudging us over. The media is brick too. Going for the story and clicks over what is true.

Anyway. Rant over. Hurry up and sign vdv.

dangerous times

So true...further driven by the 'you can do anything' line which gets twisted.The biggest problem is that we now have a huge amount of people who cannot gauge quality over quantity or 'action'. Writing and photography are two examples of professions/skills where everyone now thinks 'anyone' can do it because tech exists in those fields to help. The result is tons of average writing and photography which 'dumbs down' the average 'consumer'.

I just re-read your post and it is frighteningly true. Somewhere along the line, 'freedom of speech' has become 'my right to loudly spout a load of gonads and be heard.' Dangerous times indeed...

So true...further driven by the 'you can do anything' line which gets twisted.The biggest problem is that we now have a huge amount of people who cannot gauge quality over quantity or 'action'. Writing and photography are two examples of professions/skills where everyone now thinks 'anyone' can do it because tech exists in those fields to help. The result is tons of average writing and photography which 'dumbs down' the average 'consumer'.

Don't worry: soon, everything will be written/shot by AI and you'll be considered a dinosaur if you can read (let alone write with a pen).

I just re-read your post and it is frighteningly true. Somewhere along the line, 'freedom of speech' has become 'my right to loudly spout a load of gonad*s and be heard.' Dangerous times indeed...

I think part of the problem is we (people in general) don't communicate with each other, we send messages to machines, we hardly ever know or see the recipients of our views and have little knowledge or care how it effects them as they dont exist and there are few consequences to our actions. I know that most of the stuff is rattled off in a few seconds and I dont spend enough time considering my post. I know when I worked I would try to write in a way to connect with the person or groups I was addressing and had my pa or deputy to check the more contentious tomes.

I think part of the problem is we (people in general) don't communicate with each other, we send messages to machines, we hardly ever know or see the recipients of our views and have little knowledge or care how it effects them as they dont exist and there are few consequences to our actions. I know that most of the stuff is rattled off in a few seconds and I dont spend enough time considering my post. I know when I worked I would try to write in a way to connect with the person or groups I was addressing and had my pa or deputy to check the more contentious tomes.

An excellent post, so utterly correct IMO.

I try hard to make sure everything I post is considered...but to your point, I have had to 'dumb down/abbreviate' things like texts, etc, simply
because people don't want to spend the time with even a common courtesy such as 'hope all is well' or the like. The art of communication has, indeed, been put through the wringer both by technology and people.

He was at Emirates Marketing Project for a while wasn't he? Don't think he ever played though. I wonder if it's agent stuff to try and speed up Tapsoba

If he was at city, Munn will probably know about him and thinks he is someone worth looking at.

He wasn't at city long enough to be classes as HG

I can't see why we'd sign Cucurella. We should see how Udogie gets on first - if he adapts quickly to life in the PL then Cucurella isnt needed

He also wouldnt be cheap and we have other positions which we need to address for urgently

Back