• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

we are no way as skint as whats being popularly touted on here even without CL football, especially as we are likely clearing the decks and also given that most transfers are paid like the tally man.

Perhaps, though with Porro, Kulu, Vicario, Maddison and a couple CBs...its a pile of cash out of the door (or at least committed) whilst the values which we might get for our surplus players is harder to quantify (or even harder to say for certain that we'll find takers)

Perhaps, though with Porro, Kulu, Vicario, Maddison and a couple CBs...its a pile of cash out of the door (or at least committed) whilst the values which we might get for our surplus players is harder to quantify (or even harder to say for certain that we'll find takers)

Generally it's the wages that hurt not the fees and if we manage to navigate some of that off the books then that helps. At the end of the day it's not all going to happen and i get that, no window ever does for anyone. Early signs are good in general and I'm probably looking at more cherry on top moments. I just think we have some scope for flexibility and also no less because we know the importance it is to get back amongst the money of the CL

So someone help correct my assumptions about non-HG players for this season under PL rules.

Sarr is under 21, and assume we sell Ndombele, GLC, Lloris, Perisic, Reguilon for starters plus some of our CBs. Leaving the following 15 non HG players:

Vicario
Royal
Romero
[a CB, whether existing or a signing]
Udogie
PEH or replacement
Bisouma
Bentancur
Kulu
Porro
Son
Solomon
Richarlison

Leaving 2 spots whether for Gil, a new CM and/or if Ange keeps someone on my out list above.

Who have I missed or got wrong?

So someone help correct my assumptions about non-HG players for this season under PL rules.

Sarr is under 21, and assume we sell Ndombele, GLC, Lloris, Perisic, Reguilon for starters plus some of our CBs. Leaving the following 15 non HG players:

Vicario
Royal
Romero
Udogie
PEH or replacement
Bisouma
Bentancur
Kulu
Porro
Son
Solomon
Richarlison

Leaving 2 spots whether for Gil, a new CM and/or if Ange keeps someone on my out list above.

Who have I missed or got wrong?

I think this is correct. It is important, too, and our best metric to guess what the club are planning to do in terms of recruitment/sales. I am not so sure that we will sell Ndombele actually. One of the CBs is almost certainly Lenglet, and Dier is likely to stay as well. Leaving one spot at CB for either Tapsoba or Van der Ven. I think that is realistic, with perhaps the addition of Alex Scott. I think a window of selling the players you mention, and the addition of Vicario, Maddison, Solomon, Scott (?) and a CB from the Bundesliga is a good, but not a very good window. A lot of the improvement will rest on the shoulders of Maddison.

I think this is correct. It is important, too, and our best metric to guess what the club are planning to do in terms of recruitment/sales. I am not so sure that we will sell Ndombele actually. One of the CBs is almost certainly Lenglet, and Dier is likely to stay as well. Leaving one spot at CB for either Tapsoba or Van der Ven. I think that is realistic, with perhaps the addition of Alex Scott. I think a window of selling the players you mention, and the addition of Vicario, Maddison, Solomon, Scott (?) and a CB from the Bundesliga is a good, but not a very good window. A lot of the improvement will rest on the shoulders of Maddison.

Thanks. I think Ndombele is nailed on to go - no way that he can cope with the pace of football which Ange requires. I was reading something over the weekend about how the ballboys are instructed to get the ball back in play asap, and this gets replicated in training sessions. Apparently there are times when the ball is barely over the line, and the next ball is with the keeper!

Personally I think Vicario, Maddison, Solomon and 2 CBs (and keeping Kane) would be a very good window, and its where I tihnk we'll end up

Thanks. I think Ndombele is nailed on to go - no way that he can cope with the pace of football which Ange requires. I was reading something over the weekend about how the ballboys are instructed to get the ball back in play asap, and this gets replicated in training sessions. Apparently there are times when the ball is barely over the line, and the next ball is with the keeper!

Personally I think Vicario, Maddison, Solomon and 2 CBs (and keeping Kane) would be a very good window, and its where I tihnk we'll end up

While I agree, I suspect we may end up with more in than people expect (obviously depends on how fast/many we offload). Do we have another statement signing? or is that Tapsoba?

I feel the same but have a slight concern that if Lenglet is one of the cbs we have quite a bit drop off to him and Dier being back ups, especially as Romero doesn't have the best fitness record.

While I agree, I suspect we may end up with more in than people expect (obviously depends on how fast/many we offload). Do we have another statement signing? or is that Tapsoba?

I'd say that Tapsoba would be the statement signing. re number of CBs in: also depends on whether Lenglet is viewed as 'new'. I could see us potentially signing 2 of Tapsoba, VDV, Tosin A, etc plus Lenglet...though that depends on selling Dier to someone like Everton so that we're left with 4 CBs (I assume Sanchez, Tanganga, Rodon are definitely leaving)

The other outside chance I think would be a number 6 with PEH leaving. I dont see us paying a price which a PL team would want though, so unless it would be someone like Lavia from Southampton, would be someone from overseas

I'd say that Tapsoba would be the statement signing. re number of CBs in: also depends on whether Lenglet is viewed as 'new'. I could see us potentially signing 2 of Tapsoba, VDV, Tosin A, etc plus Lenglet...though that depends on selling Dier to someone like Everton so that we're left with 4 CBs (I assume Sanchez, Tanganga, Rodon are definitely leaving)

The other outside chance I think would be a number 6 with PEH leaving. I dont see us paying a price which a PL team would want though, so unless it would be someone like Lavia from Southampton, would be someone from overseas

Think Maddison is the statement signinng.

Think Maddison is the statement signinng.

If we really are expecting PEH to go if we get a decent offer then I could see quite a high profile CM coming in, Although I could equally see Ange fancying one of the youngsters to step up. We really have no idea how we will look come the start of the season at this point do we lol?

If we really are expecting PEH to go if we get a decent offer then I could see quite a high profile CM coming in, Although I could equally see Ange fancying one of the youngsters to step up. We really have no idea how we will look come the start of the season at this point do we lol?

I wouldn't mind seeing Devine getting a shot at being Maddisons back up.

Would still leave us with Bentancur, Bissouma, Skipp and Sarr

I wouldn't mind seeing Devine getting a shot at being Maddisons back up.

Would still leave us with Bentancur, Bissouma, Skipp and Sarr

I agree about Devine being given a chance - Ange's formation and tactics are made for someone like him.

I think Maddison and Bentancur are nailed on for the two number 8 roles (when RB is fit that is). Sarr and Bisouma as back-ups, along with Devine

Not sure whether Bisouma fits as a number 6 in his system, so that leaves Skipp who would fit the role naturally....and then TBC where PEH fits in

With only 1 game a week, we don't need 5 CMs. Maddison could potentially drop back in there in an emergency too, and many defenders can also job at DM

Back