• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Maddison has never played for a top team, where defences routinely set deep against you. He has always been afforded more time and space that he'll get for us. We know Kulu can function very well at top 6 level, despite a few interuptions/stutters last winter
Is 8th place a top team now?

Maddison would never get in ahead of Kuluevski. Maybe his League Cup rotation
You really are delusional. In fairness you are a good check to everyone else, can just check against your opinions to see if we have lost the plot.
Kulu has been brutal this season, he's only edged out of the biggest disappointment this season by Son.

Maddison is a quality player
I’d prefer Scott as I actually agree with GB the upside may be better for us
But anyone who would turn down Maddison is nuts
He creates and scores goal and appears to be popular with his team mates
My only concern is he does seem to have jiggly injuries and at Tottenham that can a full breakdown with our medical team :mad:
But the stats say he averages a lot of games
If we can get him, we should

From what I’ve seen (very little)
I’d prefer we got in Tapsoba and Adarabioyo
keep Dier and sell Sanchez and Tanganga
Dier goes a free next summer and we bring through one of the younger CBs from within

The guy is stupid quick, tall and can play left side and already playing in a top league. If the scouting/data says he can do a job, for £26M we should go for him.

Still buy the other two (we probably need 3-4 CB's if anyone is still developing)

The guy is stupid quick, tall and can play left side and already playing in a top league. If the scouting/data says he can do a job, for £26M we should go for him.

Still buy the other two (we probably need 3-4 CB's if anyone is still developing)

I think our funds are probably too limited for that. Adarabioyo over van der Ven probably makes more sense as the likely back-up option - both because he's homegrown and because he'll be much cheaper because of his 1 year contract versus vdv's new 4 year one.

I think our funds are probably too limited for that. Adarabioyo over van der Ven probably makes more sense as the likely back-up option - both because he's homegrown and because he'll be much cheaper because of his 1 year contract versus vdv's new 4 year one.
That’s my logic
VDV looks ridiculously fast but he doesn’t statistically seem to win his battles
That’s odd for me, for a big guy too

That’s my logic
VDV looks ridiculously fast but he doesn’t statistically seem to win his battles

Yeh I think from reading bits he would be raw but that comes with youth in defence. Apparently questionable in the air and positional sense but looks to have pace to burn. Areas that tend to improve with age

That’s my logic
Yeah that’s true. I looked up the stats previously and he has low win percentages for both aerial and ground duels.

On the face of it that’s concerning with the physicality of the EPL. But that’s stats, I don’t know what the eye test says. I remember when we signed Davies he was the most dribbled past defender in the league but he ended up being pretty solid for us, so who knows

Yeah that’s true. I looked up the stats previously and he has low win percentages for both aerial and ground duels.

On the face of it that’s concerning with the physicality of the EPL. But that’s stats, I don’t know what the eye test says. I remember when we signed Davies he was the most dribbled past defender in the league but he ended up being pretty solid for us, so who knows

CCV was Ange's starting CB, I'm sure his stats pre Celtic were pretty brick.

Clearly VDV is not the finished product, but for a side that will likely play a very high line that kind of pace is tempting to incorporate.

Having worked with stats in football thay can ( as you say be misleading at times) of course they have their use and IF used correctly ( ie not accepting them as telling the full story) they are a tool which can guide opinions but should not be used as telling the full ( correct ) story. Sadly they are by some.

Last edited:
That’s my logic

Players (people) don't tend to get their full strength till about the age of 23, so it makes sense that he might not have that aspect to his game fully developed yet.

CCV was Ange's starting CB, I'm sure his stats pre Celtic were pretty brick.

Clearly VDV is not the finished product, but for a side that will likely play a very high line that kind of pace is tempting to incorporate.
Pace and Aerial ability are two things we need IMO

Sounds like Sanchez

Yeh I think from reading bits he would be raw but that comes with youth in defence. Apparently questionable in the air and positional sense but looks to have pace to burn. Areas that tend to improve with age
While I've only been keeping half an eye on our potential transfers, I'd be worried about signing any "not the finished article" CBs. If we end up playing a back 4 with Udogie / Sess / Reguilon at LB and Royal / Spence at RB, we need a solid LCB to partner Romero. If it's going to be a 5, we need an experienced CB to lead the line flanked by Romero and Davies (?).

We've clearly had a shaky defence for the last couple of seasons, regardless of how much blame you apportion to managerial tactics. Dier and Lenglet aren't the answer, I'm not sure how long Davies has left at this level, and I just can't see us having the time to bed in another youngster in such a key position.

While I've only been keeping half an eye on our potential transfers, I'd be worried about signing any "not the finished article" CBs. If we end up playing a back 4 with Udogie / Sess / Reguilon at LB and Royal / Spence at RB, we need a solid LCB to partner Romero. If it's going to be a 5, we need an experienced CB to lead the line flanked by Romero and Davies (?).

We've clearly had a shaky defence for the last couple of seasons, regardless of how much blame you apportion to managerial tactics. Dier and Lenglet aren't the answer, I'm not sure how long Davies has left at this level, and I just can't see us having the time to bed in another youngster in such a key position.

Yeh I get that but I think we are going to see a year of development and we are going to have to take the routh to reach the smooth. I also think or at least hope that with Ange wanting to do the dirtier yards of development we might see more of a team unit in terms of defending and attack, hopefully a more collaborative feel to the art of the game than this whole "well he is useless and they are all useless" and no one is worth developing that I felt was the vibe under Conte. We definitely need better and in Diers case, probably less mentally scared players but I think we also let our defence down with a lack of responsibility all over the pitch. I hope that changes

Back