• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Feels to me like we’re getting in

the keeper from Empoli
The CB form Bayer
The Cb from Fulham
Maddison

That would be a great window

and we can recover a decent chunk of the costs with outgoings surely…

Agreed, would be an excellent window. Not sure its nailed on which CBs we'll end up with, but I'm hopefully we'll land a couple given all the links

Agreed, would be an excellent window. Not sure its nailed on which CBs we'll end up with, but I'm hopefully we'll land a couple given all the links
Indeed
Today it’s another guy from the German league I’ve never heard of
Randomly that feels more exciting for me

But its obvious his ceiling is much higher. Its Philips vs Bellingham, Sharpe vs Giggs, Routledge vs Lennon. The upcomer is the one thats going to genuinely hit the heights
Those comparisons are way off, one has done it over multiple seasons in the PL, and the other has never done it in the PL. I don't know how many times I've heard about a 20-year-old that has done it only in the championship that they are the next big thing and then go on to do nothing. Don't get me wrong, Scott has loads of potential, but Maddison is a sure thing and proven, unlike Scott.

Those comparisons are way off, one has done it over multiple seasons in the PL, and the other has never done it in the PL. I don't know how many times I've heard about a 20-year-old that has done it only in the championship that they are the next big thing and then go on to do nothing. Don't get me wrong, Scott has loads of potential, but Maddison is a sure thing and proven, unlike Scott.
I meant at a particular point in time comparable with this situation, not in hindsight. Say 2 summers ago re Bellingham, the time we signed both right wingers, and the time Sharpe had taken the league by storm with all his assists for Hughes and McClair. Some could still see the younger competitor was the future

I meant at a particular point in time comparable with this situation, not in hindsight. Say 2 summers ago re Bellingham, the time we signed both right wingers, and the time Sharpe had taken the league by storm with all his assists for Hughes and McClair. Some could still see the younger competitor was the future
The "younger competitor" in that case had also done it in the PL at that stage. Scott hasn't and Maddison has shown he is a top-level player in the PL.

I must say I’m loving our transfer window so far with these links even though nothing has happened.

It wasn’t too long ago we were described as a shambles and a laughing stock. Fast forward a few weeks and I don’t see these stories much anymore. How quickly things have turned around.

It does look like a lot of thought and planning has been going on in the background, it’s just that no one knew about it

It does feel a far cry from just 6 months ago when we were being held to ransom over Porro by Sporting and our own bloody manager! Even the identification of the target felt a bit amateurish, playing well against us twice in the previous few months then suddenly he’s the one Conte has to have (why not the previous summer?).

A similar scenario seemed to be appearing with Raya, but no time was wasted on it and we move on to next target.

Back