• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs MAN UNITED -OMT***

From http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1592120.html:

Wales' hopes of marking the occasion with a win were not helped by the absence of Ramsey, Wayne Hennessey and Gareth Bale. The Tottenham man being a late withdrawal with a hamstring problem. And the home crowd were stunned into silence when Costa Rica took a seventh-minute lead.

Could just have been precautionary, I suppose; we'll have to wait and see.

Funny how football doesn't work that way when WE'RE involved... I assume he'll be going all out to score on his his 901st appearance on Sunday!!

do they still have this rule that if a player pulls out of an international match then they cannot play the following league game or am i dreaming this?

Bale set to miss Tottenham's clash with Manchester United and faces up to three weeks out after suffering Grade 1 hamstring tear

Bale is unlikely to be risked for the Premier League match at White Hart Lane on Sunday and could miss the FA Cup replay against Stevenage and the trip to Everton

Gareth Bale is a major doubt for TottenhamÔÇÖs Premier League clash with Manchester United on Sunday, after suffering a Grade 1 hamstring tear on international duty with Wales, Goal.com can reveal.

Bale pulled his hamstring in training on Tuesday morning and took no part in the Gary Speed memorial match against Costa Rica on Wednesday night.

Wales played down the seriousness of the injury but Goal.com understands that it has been diagnosed by medics as a Grade 1, the least serious of the three grades of hamstring tears.

Bale was at SpursÔÇÖ training ground on Thursday to be assessed by the medical staff and is believed to be confident of featuring against United at White Hart Lane, but he is, in fact, unlikely to play any part.

Grade 1 tears usually require 10 to 21 days recovery time, which could mean that Bale also misses TottenhamÔÇÖs FA Cup replay against Stevenage next Wednesday and the league trip to Everton the following Sunday.

His injury is a serious blow for manager Harry Redknapp and will infuriate the club, given that he picked up the injury in training and while preparing for a friendly international.

The 2011 PFA Player of the Year is in the running to retain his crown this year after adding greater variety to his game over the past 12 months, scoring 14 goals for club and country, including 10 in the Premier League.

](*,)

Goal.com can reveal? He should be alright then!

That story is a bit weird. Why would Bale be confident of starting for Spurs against Man Utd if he's suffered an injury that's likely to keep him out for a few weeks? I know sod all about hamstring injuries, but surely if it's that bad Bale should be able to tell?

If all of them are out i would sadly have to say we'd have to play 4-4-2

-------------------------Cudicini-----------------------------

Kaboul-------------Dawson----------Nelsen------------ekotto

lennon------------sandro-----------modric--------------Kranjcar

-------------------Adebayor--------Saha---------------------

We are f#cked, if this injury list true.

Make no illusion that we will get anything other than a hammering out of this game. Bad times....what the hell is happening to the team?

If all of them are out i would sadly have to say we'd have to play 4-4-2

-------------------------Cudicini-----------------------------

Kaboul-------------Dawson----------Nelsen------------ekotto

lennon------------sandro-----------modric--------------Kranjcar

-------------------Adebayor--------Saha---------------------

Central defence would worry me, rest of that team is actually quite good. I think at least some of those players mentioned there will be fit

Where the hell is Gallas?

And WHY OH WHY did we loan out Bassong and Charlie. We had great depth of squad for the run in, but just got rid of important squad members for no apparent reason.

Back