• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs MAN UNITED -OMT***

VdV has conceded defeat in the title race

In other news

Saha reveals Fergie fury

Striker was subjected to tirade in one game despite scoring twice

Last Updated: February 28, 2012 10:19am

Louis Saha has described his shock at feeling the full force of Sir Alex Ferguson's anger during his time with Manchester United.

Saha spent four-and-a-half years at Old Trafford after moving from Fulham in 2004, and enjoyed a good relationship with the Red Devils manager.

The Frenchman tells the tale of life under Ferguson in his new book 'Du quartier aux etoiles', or 'From the inner city to the stars'.

Recalling one particular incident, Saha says he was subjected to a furious tirade at half-time of only his second appearance for United at Everton.

"When I headed towards the changing room, I was feeling proud. As soon as I sat down, I was woken up in a violent way - Sir Alex Ferguson rendered me deaf."
Louis Saha Quotes of the week

He found it surprising as he had scored two goals in the opening 45 minutes to help establish a 3-0 lead, although he could later understand why Ferguson was so cross.

"When I headed towards the changing room, I was feeling proud. As soon as I sat down, I was woken up in a violent way - Sir Alex Ferguson rendered me deaf," Saha said in quotes carried by The Sun.

Nightmare

"I was surprised but yes, it was me he was yelling and screaming at.

"He was going mad and I quickly understood why - he was unhappy because we came in with only a three-goal lead when we should have wrapped the game up.

"He was furious about my missed chances and reminded me that this is the very top level. Wow. I woke up even more sharply when 45 minutes later Everton had come back to 3-3. Goodison Park was on fire.

"Only Ruud van Nistelrooy helped me escape the nightmare - with a stoppage-time goal."

Saha left United to join Everton in 2008 and linked up with Tottenham during last month's transfer window, a move which has helped him rediscover some good form.

And the 33-year-old will be desperate to shine against Ferguson's side when Spurs welcome United to White Hart Lane for a crucial top-of-the-table clash on Sunday

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7552846/Saha-reveals-Fergie-fury

Last edited:

Adebayor demands response

Spurs striker desperate to atone for Gunners hammering

Last Updated: February 28, 2012 4:10pm
Emmanuel Adebayor has urged Tottenham to prove they are still Premier League title contenders by bouncing back from their heavy derby defeat with victory over Manchester United.

Spurs went into Sunday's game at Emirates Stadium confident of doing the double over North London rivals Arsenal for the first time in 19 years but they went down to a humiliating 5-2 loss after a stunning comeback from the hosts.

The defeat put a severe dent in Spurs' title bid - they trail leaders Emirates Marketing Project by 10 points - and also increased Arsenal and Chelsea's hopes of catching Harry Redknapp's team, who sit third in the table.

Adebayor, who put Tottenham 2-0 up from the penalty spot on Sunday before their capitulation, is bullish about Spurs' hopes of winning the league for the first time since 1961, however, and has backed his team-mates to bounce back with a win against the current champions at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

"If you want to be champions these games against the likes of Manchester United are the kind of games we have to be winning," Adebayor told Spurs TV Online.

"The Arsenal game has been a tough one, the defeat is very heavy, but we have to carry on.

"We have to keep focused. We have to show character in front of our fans and manage to win that game."

After losing just once in their previous 15 games, last weekend's defeat, and the manner of it, came as a surprise for most.

"The Arsenal game has been a tough one, the defeat is very heavy, but we have to carry on. "
Emmanuel Adebayor Quotes of the week

For Adebayor the reverse was particularly hard to take given that he has been the subject of hatred from Arsenal fans since leaving the club three years ago.

The striker, who wisely chose not to celebrate after scoring his goal, acknowledges that Arsenal deserved to win, however.

"After my penalty I thought game was over, but they showed good character, played some good football and came back so congratulations to Arsenal," the 28-year-old added.

Focused

"Unfortunately we didn't manage to beat them but the season is long, we just have to keep focused and keep going.

"After losing 5-2 to Arsenal we can't ask for a bigger challenge than playing Manchester United, but we are looking forward to it. It will be a tough game but I think we are ready for it.

"We just have to show personality and character and bounce back as quickly as possible."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7553651/Adebayor-demands-response

Adebayor demands response

Spurs striker desperate to atone for Gunners hammering

Last Updated: February 28, 2012 4:10pm
Emmanuel Adebayor has urged Tottenham to prove they are still Premier League title contenders by bouncing back from their heavy derby defeat with victory over Manchester United.

Spurs went into Sunday's game at Emirates Stadium confident of doing the double over North London rivals Arsenal for the first time in 19 years but they went down to a humiliating 5-2 loss after a stunning comeback from the hosts.

The defeat put a severe dent in Spurs' title bid - they trail leaders Emirates Marketing Project by 10 points - and also increased Arsenal and Chelsea's hopes of catching Harry Redknapp's team, who sit third in the table.

Adebayor, who put Tottenham 2-0 up from the penalty spot on Sunday before their capitulation, is bullish about Spurs' hopes of winning the league for the first time since 1961, however, and has backed his team-mates to bounce back with a win against the current champions at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

"If you want to be champions these games against the likes of Manchester United are the kind of games we have to be winning," Adebayor told Spurs TV Online.

"The Arsenal game has been a tough one, the defeat is very heavy, but we have to carry on.

"We have to keep focused. We have to show character in front of our fans and manage to win that game."

After losing just once in their previous 15 games, last weekend's defeat, and the manner of it, came as a surprise for most.

"The Arsenal game has been a tough one, the defeat is very heavy, but we have to carry on. "
Emmanuel Adebayor Quotes of the week

For Adebayor the reverse was particularly hard to take given that he has been the subject of hatred from Arsenal fans since leaving the club three years ago.

The striker, who wisely chose not to celebrate after scoring his goal, acknowledges that Arsenal deserved to win, however.

"After my penalty I thought game was over, but they showed good character, played some good football and came back so congratulations to Arsenal," the 28-year-old added.

Focused

"Unfortunately we didn't manage to beat them but the season is long, we just have to keep focused and keep going.

"After losing 5-2 to Arsenal we can't ask for a bigger challenge than playing Manchester United, but we are looking forward to it. It will be a tough game but I think we are ready for it.

"We just have to show personality and character and bounce back as quickly as possible."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7553651/Adebayor-demands-response

A response from him would be nice too. Were not playing Arsenal so at least he won't be embarassed to actually try hard this week.

I want Ade and Saha with Lennon and Bale on the wings...

ALL OUT ASSAULT....ALL OUT ATTACK.....JUST HEAP THE PRESSURE ON THEM

:rolleyes:

Much rather Defoe started than Saha, and Rafa should start over either of them.

disagree entirely.. if we're going with 2 out and out attackers, Saha and Ade has to be the way.

as for everyone calling for a 4-4-2, to me its more of a discipline issue. If Bale and Lennon were to stay out wide on their own sides with Modric and Sandro sitting deep centrally behind VdV in a 4-5-1, we would have just as much success. With Saha and Ade we have 2 forwards who can link up play and boss defenders off the ball. We should be more focused on creating chances for them (ala putting in crosses) rather than Bale and Lennon trying to cut in all day and score goals for themselves. We have pace that could be so deadly if we only used it the right way. (down the wings)

not sure you can consider vdv given his level of (un)fitness at the moment. far rather ease him back in with 60 mins plus against stevenage. we can't be carrying passengers for a game like this

get back to doing what we do best with lennon and bale back on their wings and either defoe or saha with ade

Bale left. Lennon right. Do whatever the fudge else you want Harry. Pretty please with sugar on top.

now I get it...

21882110_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

Back