• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs MAN UNITED -OMT***

That was 76 years ago when he was still on decent form and before managers and players alike figured out who to disarm him.

And comparing him defensively to Zokora is the equivalent of comparing Hutton and King

Whose comparing them, I was just giving a reminder of when Charlie came on and destroyed Young, having learnt his lesson after he was given the run around at WHL once.

Your hatred of Charlie knows no bounds.

Thats the thing football is so fickle. If we got two goals against arsenal and parked the bus for the rest of the game we would be lauded as title challengers, however now we are gonna be seen as lucky to get a champions league spot. Football is incredibly knee jerk at every level.

Name me a game in which we've beaten United in the last 10 years.

It's not going to happen.

If we get beaten on Saturday (likely) its 6 points dropped and "poor form" cannot be dismissed

To conclude: SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

Sorry, mate but he was skipping through the rain drops for far too long, hell, he even made Hutton a starter at one point last season.

He started off ok but then faded or/and was found out on a 'how to deal with' level

You know, many fans always go off about Arry having favourites, picking his mates, JD. blah, blah flimflam - but in my opinion he's always played the best player in a position (fitness allowing) bar a few odd instances here and there. Dropped Keane when he fcuked out eventhough he was deeemed a favourite few months prior. Dropped Gomes when the iceberg's bottom was revealed, dropped Palacios and replaced him, dropped Krunchie when Bale emerged, dropped JD many a times eventhough he likes him, dropped Bentley, dropped Gio, etc. Countless examples. The fact he couldn't make our bench for 3 months prior to his loan is no coincidence, imv and I'd trust our coaching staff on that one. He must have regressed beyond the turning point on a downward slope which started around 18 months before

That was 76 years ago when he was still on decent form and before managers and players alike figured out who to disarm him.

And comparing him defensively to Zokora is the equivalent of comparing Hutton and King
That exaggeration is ridiculous. I myself am prone to exaggerate certain things to make/prove a point but that one takes the biscuit.

Corluka was ok when he first arrived, then turned excellent for over a season, then had some mediocre form. All in all his spurs career was a very good one.

Sorry, mate but he was skipping through the rain drops for far too long, hell, he even made Hutton a starter at one point last season.

He started off ok but then faded or/and was found out on a 'how to deal with' level

You know, many fans always go off about Arry having favourites, picking his mates, JD. blah, blah flimflam - but in my opinion he's always played the best player in a position (fitness allowing) bar a few odd instances here and there. Dropped Keane when he fcuked out eventhough he was deeemed a favourite few months prior. Dropped Gomes when the iceberg's bottom was revealed, dropped Palacios and replaced him, dropped Krunchie when Bale emerged, dropped JD many a times eventhough he likes him, dropped Bentley, dropped Gio, etc. Countless examples. The fact he couldn't make our bench for 3 months prior to his loan is no coincidence, imv and I'd trust our coaching staff on that one. He must have regressed beyond the turning point on a downward slope which started around 18 months before

Simply an awful post. Wish we could send you out on loan and bring back Charlie.

Thankfully Redknapp and Allen think otherwise

At least be happy he's now gone to a slower/less physical league where he'll most likely thrive and do well. Our team simply evolved beyond that level of quality, nothing wrong with that. Happened with Palacios, Gomes, Keane, Zokora, Malbranque, Tainio, Robbo, etc. of late - whom all did a solid job at the time but we're now better. And look for better.

Except for the time span (76 years) what exactly is being exaggurated? Comparing him defensively to Zokora?
The time span itself is ridiculous but I'm struggling to understand the post in general now I look back at it. Are you saying that Zokora is defensively better than Charlie? That Charlie is better than Zokora defensively? That you can't compare them? That Hutton is underrated and is actually pretty close to Ledley defensively? Meh I don't know.

My response was to a comment which described how Charlie came on for struggling Zokora at RB and did well.

My comment illustrated how being 'better' defensively than Zokora at RB is something a natural defender should be the absolute minimum - i.e. that is hardly Zokora's strength, is it? Similar to comparing Hutton to King - a universe apart

My response was to a comment which described how Charlie came on for struggling Zokora at RB and did well.

My comment illustrated how being 'better' defensively than Zokora at RB is something a natural defender should be the absolute minimum - i.e. that is hardly Zokora's strength, is it? Similar to comparing Hutton to King - a universe apart

Oh dear. Again I was merely illustrating my point by telling you Zokora was replaced by Charlie in that game, by way of saying "hey remember that game?" The point had nothing to do with Zokora's ability as a right back. Sheesh. Your hard work, not really surprising your involved in so many spats on here.

Oh dear. Again I was merely illustrating my point by telling you Zokora was replaced by Charlie in that game, by way of saying "hey remember that game?" The point had nothing to do with Zokora's ability as a right back. Sheesh. Your hard work, not really surprising your involved in so many spats on here.

What point, if you don't mind me asking?

It's silly for people to say we've been in poor form since Christmas on the back of two bad results. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton were two of our best performances of the season. I know we were awful at Stevenage, but it's not like they outplayed us and we were lucky to get a draw. We were unfortunate to not win at Eastlands let alone get a point.

If Sandro gets a knock tonight we're in trouble

Match fitness is vital, I'm glad he's playing, he needs it...always rusty after a layoff and we cannot have that on Sunday...PERSONALLY, i think there's a very good argument for trusting Jake Livermore on Sunday...

It's silly for people to say we've been in poor form since Christmas on the back of two bad results. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton were two of our best performances of the season. I know we were awful at Stevenage, but it's not like they outplayed us and we were lucky to get a draw. We were unfortunate to not win at Eastlands let alone get a point.

Agreed. I posted this (below) in the other thread, to some who were saying we were crap since christmas:

Everton and Toon were out of this world performances imo. City we played well, Liverpool, we had half a squad and no manager, Wigan was a walk in the park, and WBA was well fought deserved win.

This year, I make it Watford, Stevenage and arsenal that were very poor, and Wolves at home should have been better, but by no means on that level.

Two of those were cup games, making it one awful PL performance since Emirates Marketing Project at home (imo)

Bad form, I disagree. Its a tough run, which we all knew was coming, coupled with alot of injuries. This year in the PL our record is WWDLWDWL. 14pts from 24, in a run of games which included Liverpool, City and arsenal away.

Thats not poor form.

I think some people have different views to my own on what form is. Form, to me, is results. If we played "poorly" but won 10 games in a row, our form is still world class.

Match fitness is vital, I'm glad he's playing, he needs it...always rusty after a layoff and we cannot have that on Sunday...PERSONALLY, i think there's a very good argument for trusting Jake Livermore on Sunday...

United are too good.

We need our best players on the pitch, if they don't perform we'll probably struggle. But with our 2nd best players we don't really stand a chance imo.

Sandro had been out for a while and came on the pitch against Arsenal at half time in a team that was completely disorganized, underperforming and very shortly after chasing the game against opponents who had the new found confidence of a teenager that just got his first shag. He was also part of a midfield that has (imo) rarely worked. Sandro and Parker in the same midfield is a no-go for me, especially when we need a goal. Against United it will be Modric and Sandro, will hopefully look much better.

I don't look at results. I look at performances.

And we haven't deserved more than we got, perhaps less, e.g. Liverpool

Back