• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Reading OMT***

Indeed, in fact I would suggest they are incapable of sitting back

You clearly haven't watched them

Reading's task seemed hopeless two weeks ago and although they are still five points behind 17th-place Aston Villa, a second win of the season has lifted their spirits. Their victory owed much to a solid defensive performance and this was their second successive clean sheet.

"You have to build from the back and then you will get the breaks up front," the centre-back, Alex Pearce, said. "We've put an extra man in midfield and there is a lot more togetherness. We are competing for every ball, fighting for our lives and there is a great team spirit in that dressing room."

They put 10 behind the ball at HOME against west ham

Cheers for some of the perspective posts southstand :)

I hope our players don't have the same opinion of Reading as some of our fans.

We have scored 8 more goals away

Only United have scored the same number

At home we are outgunned by Everton, west ham, west brom, fulham and READING!!!!!!

Will be interesting to see if there is any rotation. Whether Parker can pick up a starting spot, or more likely, starts against Coventry. Sigurdsson is another who could do with a start, not to mention Hud. Dempsey will probably play on the left and we'll keep two upfront as we know they will park the bus.

Is a first half goal too much to wish for? It would set 2013 off on a good track.

That would be pure and simple crazy arrogance - we have an FA Cup fixture to give the peripheral players some playing time and even then not in a kamikaze formation.

Don't change a winning horse:

------------- Ade -- Defoe
Townsend -- -- Lennon
--------- Dembele - Sandro
Naughton --- Verts ---- Caulker --- Walker
---------------- Lloris

Then bring in Parker and Siggy early in the second half if we are in a good position

Townsend deserves a game and it would not change our playing style

was joking... wouldn't mind giving it a try in Fifa 13 though.. I would imagine we might see Verts LB and Naughton RB today though

your 11 stinks. ;)

NaijaSpurs

Why would you not play Lennon?

I was going by that late night tweet, maybe AVB's given him and Sandro the day off? Pure speculation. I hope he's out there, he's been awesome to watch.

was joking... wouldn't mind giving it a try in Fifa 13 though.. I would imagine we might see Verts LB and Naughton RB today though

your 11 stinks. ;)

I was going by that late night tweet, maybe AVB's given him and Sandro the day off? Pure speculation. I hope he's out there, he's been awesome to watch.

it wasnt that late - I mean midnight? the game starts at 3pm. Wake up at 9am I am presuming (9 hours sleep is about 8 more than I get) - although they stay in hotels now dont they? even for home games.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto
I hope as we ll start well 2013!!!! COYS LOL

Why does he put lol in every tweet?

I think we will win 6 or 7 today...

I have a feeling the lads have belief now and we will make our chances count. We need to get in on the hammerings that have been handed out recently.

LOL - Lots of Love

Lol is horrible tho

Any team news yet ?

Just hope we turn up with the right mentality. It is important we don't get complacent and treat Reading with respect. Hope we put up a good performance and get the win.

Our starting team vs Reading today: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Sigurdsson Adebayor & Defoe

Our starting team vs Reading today: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Sigurdsson Adebayor & Defoe

Back