• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Reading OMT***

Dempey would ensure a win but Sigurdsson wouldn't?

I think it would be a joke if Dempsey starts ahead of him in this game. Sig has had 5 very good substitute appearances and has looked the business but still can't get a look in....and Dempsey has just returned from injury so if he gets in ahead of him straight away then what does that tell you about the managers confidence in him? he's already changed the formation to not play him so now it will be changing the formation...and starting a player that just came back from injury.

To be honest I'm a big Siggy fan. I'd love him to get a chance, I personally think he would grab it. I just assume AVB sees Dempsey as a first choice player. Dempsey has been playing well of late so I don't mind either. Sig is hungry though. It's a good problem.

In terms of ensuring victory I was just talking about it would be great to switch up the team and rest the likes of Sandro and Dembele, but maybe we can't get away with that although we should. Parker, Sig, Dempsey, Townsend, Carroll, Huddlestone, Gallas, Verts could all get a go to change from the last line up. There are plenty of options. Ok lets play

---------------------Brad-------------------------
Naughton---Gallas---Vertonghen----Naughton
-------------Parker---Huddlestone--------------
-Falque--------Siggy---------------Demspey---
----------------Adebayor------------------------

We'll win this, we have more steel, control about us and track runners really, really well - oh and closing space. Ummmmm.... When's Benny back ? Could he sit on the bench for this one ?

Dempey would ensure a win but Sigurdsson wouldn't?

I think it would be a joke if Dempsey starts ahead of him in this game. Sig has had 5 very good substitute appearances and has looked the business but still can't get a look in....and Dempsey has just returned from injury so if he gets in ahead of him straight away then what does that tell you about the managers confidence in him? he's already changed the formation to not play him so now it will be changing the formation...and starting a player that just came back from injury.

I think that's throwing "very good" around a bit too easily.

Sig has had some good showings, but Dempsey has been the better player this season and in the last month or two.

It's not like Dempsey has been out for a year with a career threatening injury, he's just been out for a week or two and has already returned with an appearance from the bench, an appearance where he looked good as well.

Dempsey has quite a lot of experience playing from the left, he's done so both for Fulham and for us this season, against looking good in that position, not just playing. Sig on the other hand has very little experience playing from the left from what I know.

AVB didn't change to formation to not play Sig, he changed the formation because Sig wasn't performing well enough while Defoe was doing really well, and Ade returned from injury.

I get that you really rate Sig, but to call it a joke if AVB goes for Dempsey seems ridiculous to me, I think Dempsey is the obvious choice.

It's not like Dempsey has been out for ages. I see no reason why he shouldn't get back in.

Dempsey should start without any doubt whatsoever. He's better than Siggy and more likely to score. Without Bale we need goalscorers in the team as Ade seems to have forgotten how to put the ball in the net.

......................Lloris
..Walker...Dawson..Vertonghen....Naughton
..............Sandro....Dembele
Lennon..........Dempsey...........Siggy
.....................Defoe

I don't want to see us rest players - these are the sorts of games when we MUST take all 3 points.
If we get a couple of goals up I'd like to see Parker on for Sandro - Parker needs playing time and Sandro needs a rest!

With Bale out Lennon really needs to step up for this one and carry on the good work he showed at Sunderland.

He wont have many defensive duties - Reading play a lonely one up front - so he should concentrate virtually exclusively on his attacking duties for this one. Continue to take men on, get to the byline, move off the ball and make and score goals.

It is the ideal game for Lennon to rip them one!

To be honest I'm a big Siggy fan. I'd love him to get a chance, I personally think he would grab it. I just assume AVB sees Dempsey as a first choice player. Dempsey has been playing well of late so I don't mind either. Sig is hungry though. It's a good problem.

In terms of ensuring victory I was just talking about it would be great to switch up the team and rest the likes of Sandro and Dembele, but maybe we can't get away with that although we should. Parker, Sig, Dempsey, Townsend, Carroll, Huddlestone, Gallas, Verts could all get a go to change from the last line up. There are plenty of options. Ok lets play

---------------------Brad-------------------------
Naughton---Gallas---Vertonghen----Naughton
-------------Parker---Huddlestone--------------
-Falque--------Siggy---------------Demspey---
----------------Adebayor------------------------

I like Naughton but it might be a bit soon to ask him to play in 2 positions at the same time.:-k

Lloris; Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen; Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Dempsey; Sigurdsson, Defoe

subs: Friedel, Walker, Dawson, Sandro, Huddlestone, Townsend, Adebayor

Lloris; Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen; Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Dempsey; Sigurdsson, Defoe

subs: Friedel, Walker, Dawson, Sandro, Huddlestone, Townsend, Adebayor

I dont think Ade has played well at all but I would give him this game to hopefully get his scoring boots on again - he and Defoe could get on the scoresheet.

I would play Sig on the left though from the start and bring Dempsey on later.

I have to admit, I don't really mind who plays. We don't really have a set-in-stone best 11 like we did last season.

With Bale out Lennon really needs to step up for this one and carry on the good work he showed at Sunderland.

He wont have many defensive duties - Reading play a lonely one up front - so he should concentrate virtually exclusively on his attacking duties for this one. Continue to take men on, get to the byline, move off the ball and make and score goals.

It is the ideal game for Lennon to rip them one!

It's really not.

The ideal game for Lennon is one where he gets space to run into and attack defenders in. Reading are likely to sit back, defend deep, double up on Lennon and allow very little space in behind.

Reading sitting back means fudge all :lol:

there defending is so bad, them sitting back would still leave Defoe in the box with space and about 5 minutes to shoot.

They kept City from scoring for 92 minutes. I think that no matter how crap you are, if you defend deep and in numbers then it's always going to be a struggle for the opposition to break them down. That's why I liked the Sigurdsson signing as I thought that he'd be able to belt one in from 25 yards in these kind of games if we're struggling but it hasn't happened for him yet.

No. it up to Lennon to find space himself. Running off the ball would help. One -twos. Turn and spin. Dont stand like a statue next to your marker. it really is down to him.

Also, there is no reason when he has the ball at his feet that he doesnt drive at their defence. Inside, outside - both ways. That is the key to opening massed defenses.

No. it up to Lennon to find space himself. Running off the ball would help. One -twos. Turn and spin. Dont stand like a statue next to your marker. it really is down to him.

Also, there is no reason when he has the ball at his feet that he doesnt drive at their defence. Inside, outside - both ways. That is the key to opening massed defenses.

you should become a manager

......................Lloris
..Walker...Dawson..Vertonghen....Naughton
..............Sandro....Dembele
Lennon..........Dempsey...........Siggy
.....................Defoe

I don't want to see us rest players - these are the sorts of games when we MUST take all 3 points.
If we get a couple of goals up I'd like to see Parker on for Sandro - Parker needs playing time and Sandro needs a rest!

Urm make your mind up! Don't want to rest but you want to rest? Which is it son?!

They kept City from scoring for 92 minutes. I think that no matter how crap you are, if you defend deep and in numbers then it's always going to be a struggle for the opposition to break them down. That's why I liked the Sigurdsson signing as I thought that he'd be able to belt one in from 25 yards in these kind of games if we're struggling but it hasn't happened for him yet.

1 game!

We've scored in pretty much every game this season. This will be no different. We'll win this 2 or 3-0

Back