• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Reading OMT***

DEMBELE ON READING

Mousa Dembele knows better than to take anything for granted against Reading at the Lane on New Year’s Day.

The Royals are fighting for their lives at the wrong end of the Premier League and responded to that situation with a 1-0 win against West Ham on Saturday.

We secured a sixth win in eight matches to sit fourth in the Premier League going into 2013.

Mousa, outstanding since returning to the side after a hip problem, says the players will be ‘fully concentrated’ as we return to the Lane after back-to-back away wins at Aston Villa and Sunderland.

“We’re back at home and it’s an important game for us against Reading,” he said.

“Everyone expects that we’ll go out there and win but it won’t be easy. We have to be 100 per cent concentrated for this game.”

We came from behind to win at the Stadium of Light on Saturday and Mousa insisted the belief was there that we’d turn it around.

“Everyone knows Sunderland is a difficult place to play, so we’re very happy with the win,” he said.

“We played very well and went 1-0 down, but we all believed if we played the same way in the second half then we’d get a good result. We had a great mentality, everyone trying to motivate each other and it worked.”

He was also impressed with Aaron Lennon’s winner. “It was a great goal. He did it all himself. It was great quality from a great player, one of many players here who can do that and make a difference. Aaron did that.”

As for his own form, Mousa insisted that the form of the team made it easier for him to perform.

“We’re playing well as a team, playing good football and things are going well for me as well personally. That makes it much easier to play my game. Yes, I’m very happy at the moment.”

I dont think Sandro is going to start tomorrow

Bit late to be up

Sandro Raniere ‏@sandroraniere

Happy new year ... All the best for everyone... Thanks for support me throughout this year.... COYS

Wouldn't mind to be honest, he deserves a rest and it means Scott Parker can get back into the team. Will be interesting to see a Dembele/Parker partnership.

Lol surely theyre allowed to stay up for the new year? If we were a 12.45 fine, but for a 3pm you can see the new year in. Wouldnt read too much into their sleep patterns on NYE (Happy new year everyone)

We really need to improve our home form in the league. Our away form has been really good this season as only ManU have more away wins and goals than us. In contrast, our home form has not been really good. We have dropped points to teams we should be beating at home : Norwich, WBA, Wigan and Stoke. We may have only lost 2 league matches at home but we have struggled in almost all those matches. It is time we become more ruthless at home and start thrashing teams for fun ! With our good head-to-head record against Reading, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot do that.

It is a pity Bale will be suspended for this match as he is our main attacking player. Can see Dempsey replacing Bale as he was in good form before getting injured. Hope Dempsey will be all fired up for this match just to prove his worth to the team. Nice to see Lennon scoring against Sunderland. Hope he can get another goal or two. Dembele and Sandro have been in great form in midfield so far. But won't mind if Sandro is rested and replaced By Parker. I think Sandro needs some rest after playing in almost all the matches this season. Want to see Dembele getting a goal or assist in this match as well.

Goal difference are going to make much difference in the league standings this season. So we should be more clinical in front of goal against poor teams like Reading. I think this is a great chance for Adebayor and Defoe to increase their goal tally as Reading have a poor defence. This will be the perfect match for Adebayor and Defoe to become a good combination in attack. Both Adebayor and Defoe should try to make amend for the easy chances they missed against Sunderland. Will be really disappointed if both didn't get atleast 1 goal between them in this match, especially Defoe.

AVB should demand our defence to keep clean sheet in this match. It will be really annoying if we cannot stop a poor team like Reading scoring against us at home. It is nice to see AVB rotating our defenders to keep them sharp. Can see Gallas and Vertonghen returning in defence. If will be great if BAE returns from injury as well. This will be a perfect match for BAE to get match practise. Also, it will help our attack greatly with Bale missing. Won't mind if he scores as well.

We should be beating teams like Reading comfortably at home. Just hope we don't get complacent after winning our last 2 matches. We cannot afford to slip up in this match. It will help us greatly if we can get comfortable win like against Fulham and Villa. What a better way it will be if we can start the new year with a big win !

Last edited:
Think it will be:

------------ Defoe -- Ade
Dempsey ------------------ Siggy
--------- Parker - Dembele
Verts - Caulker - Gallas - Naughton
--------------- Lloris

Should be plenty enough offence to break them down. 8-1 Spurs.

Although i would rather see how many goals we could score:

------------- Ade -- Defoe
Townsend -- Dempsey -- Siggy
--------- Dembele - Carroll
--- Verts ---- Caulker --- Naughton
---------------- Lloris

Reading play some decent football going forward, but defence looks fragile. They are second from bottom for a reason, they average less than a point a game. This should be another thrashing, 4-0 for better.

come on spurs. wouldnt mind seeing parker back for this one, anything less than 100% effort and we will struggle

Reading play some decent football going forward, but defence looks fragile. They are second from bottom for a reason, they average less than a point a game. This should be another thrashing, 4-0 for better.

Where has the real Hully gone hahaha 4-0, I thought you wouldve said a draw or we would lose !!!

---------------- Lloris

Why would you not play Lennon?

Reading sitting back means fudge all :lol:

there defending is so bad, them sitting back would still leave Defoe in the box with space and about 5 minutes to shoot.

Indeed, in fact I would suggest they are incapable of sitting back

---------------- Lloris

That would be pure and simple crazy arrogance - we have an FA Cup fixture to give the peripheral players some playing time and even then not in a kamikaze formation.

Don't change a winning horse:

Townsend -- -- Lennon
--------- Dembele - Sandro
Naughton --- Verts ---- Caulker --- Walker
---------------- Lloris

Then bring in Parker and Siggy early in the second half if we are in a good position

Townsend deserves a game and it would not change our playing style

Indeed, in fact I would suggest they are incapable of sitting back

Well, they have only conceded one goal in their last three games, and that was in injury time away to Emirates Marketing Project. I haven't watched any of the games, but it suggests that they have finally found out that they need to focus more on their defending and done it well.

Where has the real Hully gone hahaha 4-0, I thought you wouldve said a draw or we would lose !!!

Surely just setting himself up to get angry and negative should we not get this result.

-------------------

Reading held City to a 1-0 in Manchester not that long ago. Yet people are expecting us to just turn them over and spank them.

The main problems for teams down at the bottom is normally inconsistency, remember Villa beating Liverpool at Anfield, then getting thumped 15-0 over 3 games at Christmas. There's a decent chance we will crush Reading today, especially if we get the early goal, but there's also a decent chance that they will hang on and we'll have another nervy game on our hands similar to games we've seen before.

Any of their players yet to score a goal for their Club?? It was ods-on O'Shea was going to have a big impact on the game when he came back in for Rose.
I can see Reading grabbing a goal today, and as typed above, from soembody grabbing a first goal for them. We should have enough strength in the squad to make changes and win without Bale, but Spurs have this potential to always provide an upset, I'm hoping thats not today.

I'll plump for 3-1 (Defoe,Dempsey,Sigurdsson) (Mariappa)

This has 0-0 or smash and grab written all your over it

Take 1 team that park the bus last home

And match them with a team that struggles to get through buses, lacking creativity in midfield, missing their biggest threat through suspension, and strikers not in form

We are doomed

Back